Curious.

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: Curious.

Postby Mowk » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:36 pm

Must be your accent, could you try typing slower, maybe that would help

thanks for trying
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:21 am

Yeah, that one!

That's the one I meant.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:13 am

Not so much.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:51 am

Well, don't say later I didn't told ya so.

My best to the wife.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:37 am

Maybe it's your accent, could you try it in a different language? One that ain't so fuckin intentionally obscure?

I'll be sure to pass your best on, when I can put a finger on it.

Still trying to narrow it down, she's not fond of bitching.

But you're a 'constructive' critic.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Zero_Sum » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:46 pm

Karpel Tunnel wrote:
Mowk wrote: As example the difference in language preference in culture that places the descriptor before or after the thing it describes. That flag is white compared to that is a white flag. Trivial? Or perhaps something has taken place below the radar that isn't so trivial.
I've often wondered if the minimal inflection in English has contributed to individualism. The words are more stand alone, less affected by what is going on in other parts of the sentence.

No, it's the disease of neo-liberalism that has contributed to destructive radical individualism.

Over the years I've become a radical collectivist as a way of combating against it. Collectivism is the way forward to improving society and unifying it. This neo-liberal individualism needs to go away.

Suffice it to say, the neo-conservatives are just as bad concerning radical individualism just as much as the neo-liberals. Classical liberalism was a mistake.
"I'm sorry, but the lifestyle you've ordered that you've grown accustomed to is completely out of stock. Have a nice day! "-$$$

Zero_Sum
Evil Neo-Nazi Extraordinaire.

Location: U.S.S.A- Newly lead Bolshevik Soviet block. Also known as Weimar America.

Postby Zero_Sum » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:53 pm

Meno_ wrote:And..... It gets curiouser and curiouser
The solid South used to be a Republican stronghold..now, it is the epitimy of Democrats.
It is not the party, but the supposed values which appear to delineate popular conviction.
Character affiliation appear to be a.centrist identifiable position.
It's a safer bet .

I think it can safely be asserted that color is that which part of identity that relied on an abstracted value, which changed everything on the South, while party affiliation became a second rate qualifier.

Which does reaffirm the existential mantra, 'esse est percipii' In Missouri it goes further, 'seeing is believing'

There's also changing demographics as well.
"I'm sorry, but the lifestyle you've ordered that you've grown accustomed to is completely out of stock. Have a nice day! "-$$$

Zero_Sum

Location: U.S.S.A- Newly lead Bolshevik Soviet block. Also known as Weimar America.

Postby Zero_Sum » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:12 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:This is why the world hates white people: (instinctively, even if they can't put it into words, the words have been lashed out of them)

Glaciers are melting. Ok, Half the world must be starved. for the glaciers.

fucking white people.

You hate white people? =;

Zero_Sum

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:27 pm

You're not that kind of white person.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you could give a shit about glaciers.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Zero_Sum » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:38 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:You're not that kind of white person.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you could give a shit about glaciers.

I just see it as natural cyclical weather patterns around the planet but if it makes you feel any better I do believe that beyond economics and social politics industrial technological society across the planet is on the verge of collapse dealing more to do with controlled energy.

Zero_Sum

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:04 pm

Well there's plans on the books about that, future is bright maybe. Can't really discuss it with the enemy.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Zero_Sum » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:18 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Well there's plans on the books about that, future is bright maybe. Can't really discuss it with the enemy.

Some kind of secret I shouldn't know about? :lol:

The world is basically running out of natural resources to keep modern technological industrial society powered with energy. That I think we both can agree upon.

Zero_Sum

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:28 pm

In actuality, we do not home slice bacon.

But I can't say too much more.

Lest these leftist bastards be newly inspired to some terryfying new hights of nauceating propaganda. don't feed the trolls.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Zero_Sum » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:38 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:In actuality, we do not home slice bacon.

But I can't say too much more.

Lest these leftist bastards be newly inspired to some terryfying new hights of nauceating propaganda. don't feed the trolls.

You worry too much about what other people think, I don't.

Zero_Sum

Postby Mowk » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:47 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:This is why the world hates white people: (instinctively, even if they can't put it into words, the words have been lashed out of them)

Glaciers are melting. Ok, Half the world must be starved. for the glaciers.

fucking white people.

You hate white people? =;

Yeah fucking white people love ice. Likely it's that fact that it is less dense then water and can be put in a cocktail to cool it down.

A third of the population lives on a coast. Well I guess drowned isn't starving.
Mowk
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Society, Government, and Economics