comment from Elie Wiesel

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

comment from Elie Wiesel

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:09 pm

"Always take side. Neutrality helps the oppressor,
never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor,
never the tormented"

For you cowards who proclaim, "a pox on both houses"
For you who escape responsibility by simply refusing to
engage in the ongoing conflict, by refusing to take a side.....

You are guilty because you have refused to engage in the ever present
battle between justice and injustice......

You are guilty because by being neutral, you allow
injustice to overcome the innocent and the oppresed.....

A pox on your house for refusing to engage.....
Neutrality is no excuse for allowing the unjust
to punish their opponents.

You, by your silence, allow the strong to
browbeat the weak.

Your silence is tacit acceptence of the injustice
practice by strong and powerful, be it individuals or corporations.....

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Re: comment from Elie Wiesel

Postby Mad Man P » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:55 am

The world is big and filled to the brim with injustice...
"I'm just saying that if we want to have a fruitful discussion, we all need to know what the fuck we're talking about" - Carleas

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Mad Man P
Philosopher

Postby phyllo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:51 pm

Your silence is tacit acceptence of the injustice
Maybe what you consider injustice is not what others consider injustice.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby lordoflight » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:45 pm

Both sides are bad, so there's no reason for me to choose a side.

America is not ran by Hitler and Lenin.

But lets pretend for a minute the only two parties to choose are the Hitler party and Lenin party. Hitler killed 6 million, Lenin killed 60 million. I don't see any reason for you, Peter, to choose a side.

Democrats and Republicans are both bad options, and the 2 party system as a whole is fascist inherently, no reason to contribute to the 2 party delusion which brought out this mess in the first place. Some day the sheeple will see the 2 party system as a scammy tyranny which it is.
lordoflight

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:10 am

Peter, I could not in good conscience vote for either Clinton or Trump. Does it count as taking a side when you want to contribute to the idea that less people voting signifies a lesser degree of satisfaction with the choices? I don't think that everything in the world comes down to 2 sides. If anything, I think the far left and the far right are more similar than they are different. They each think they've got the right plan, they each abandon reason when it suits their narrative, and they each fail to represent the majority of people. It's a sad state of affairs. I told a friend today, "I knew something was up in America when all of a sudden out of nowhere one year half the people I talked to called me a nazi and the other half called me a snowflake". Something is wrong with that. Neither side respects the humanity of the other side. The whole thing is a bit dumb if you ask me, so I take the side of the reasonable person who's fed up with people who either believe that Pelosi or Trump are infallible. They aren't.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby lordoflight » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:08 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:Peter, I could not in good conscience vote for either Clinton or Trump. Does it count as taking a side when you want to contribute to the idea that less people voting signifies a lesser degree of satisfaction with the choices? I don't think that everything in the world comes down to 2 sides. If anything, I think the far left and the far right are more similar than they are different. They each think they've got the right plan, they each abandon reason when it suits their narrative, and they each fail to represent the majority of people. It's a sad state of affairs. I told a friend today, "I knew something was up in America when all of a sudden out of nowhere one year half the people I talked to called me a nazi and the other half called me a snowflake". Something is wrong with that. Neither side respects the humanity of the other side. The whole thing is a bit dumb if you ask me, so I take the side of the reasonable person who's fed up with people who either believe that Pelosi or Trump are infallible. They aren't.

My thoughts exactly.
lordoflight

Return to Society, Government, and Economics