"Slavery is a choice."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWJBWU7asEg[/youtube]

“wait a minute, youve been here for 400 years, all of you? That looks like a choice.”

Valid?

Legal slavery ended about 150 years ago, not 400. Further, racial segregation in the US only officially ended 50 or so years ago, and still unofficially exists today. So to pretend that black people in the US have had 400 years to get over slavery is ignorant and stupid. But that’s Kanye for ya. In any case, the legacy of slavery, and then of segregation, and then of entrenched institutionalized discrimination against black Americans is very much ongoing and alive, though it’s often understandably difficult for people outside of the US to fully understand and appreciate the significance of it.

Yes, black African Americans are enslaved and oppressed where it is all because of evil whitey.

All white ethnic European Americans should pay a mandatory reparations tax that goes to every black African American woman, man, and child. Such tragedies is what happens when you don’t eradicate whiteness where in the United States we should ban whiteness from all positions of political power. The problem with American politics is that there is too many white people.

Now this isn’t to confuse Jews with whiteness of which we don’t identify with as we Jews are black African Americans best friend politically.

Have you ever seen a black organization do any form of charity to non-blacks?
Also have you seen any first nations do anything positive? Like really.
Personally see one doing something positive, instead of the typical got a dollar or drunk asleep at the bus stop.

We ll, to the second question, sure, frequently. But then I lived near them, more or less with them. I’ve not seen anyone do much good at busstops.

I don’t really like what you wrote. I think unity and virtue are more important than beliefs, especially those.

Kanye is on tour a lot, but he lives inside the US.
He’s actually an American, from Chicago if Im not mistaken.

Anyway Im sure you have your own experiences of being black and discriminated. Of course Kanye has money which makes it easier than it would be for you. Still I understand many blacks relate to Kanye just as I relate to him, as the great post-racist artist that he is.

What he meant and said was that 400 years have passed in slavery, and he thinks that is too long. I understand you don’t agree with that.

I know. You’re not mistaken - he is from Chicago. I was referring to people outside the US who think that Kanye actually has any idea what he’s talking about when it comes racial politics in America.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but i’m white. Anyway, yes, Kanye is a good musician, and it has made him massively rich. I don’t begrudge him that. However, that immense wealth and fame has driven him over the edge. He’s sort of the modern rockstar’s version of Caligula. This is not a recent development either - it’s been a long, gradual descent into madness over the course of his career. About 15 years ago, shortly after Hurricane Katrina ravaged New Orleans, he appeared onstage at a live broadcast of a major musical awards show and made the impromptu announcement that then-president GW Bush “hates black people” because of the federal government’s half-assed disaster-relief efforts (New Orleans has a large black population). I’m no fan of GW Bush, but the assertion that he hates black people is pretty outlandish and absurd, and the further implication that the president’s supposed racism was the cause of the botched rescue and relief efforts in New Orleans is the stuff of Alex Jones style conspiracy theories.

That is not what i took him to mean, given the “slavery is a choice” subtext of his statements. Slavery is not a choice, or it wouldn’t be slavery. Blacks who, unlike Kanye, actually live with the legacy of slavery in this country certainly do NOT do so by choice - though from the gilded terrace upon which Kanye currently stands looking down upon them, it’s easy for him to presume they are simply making excuses for their own misfortunes.

Lucky for you i was not being serious.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSsLHn-pYCw[/youtube]

I agreed with Kanye then, Bush didn’t care, but I never heard the apology in your second clip. Where was it?

About Kanye’s slavery remark, it was about mental enslavement. The choice to remain mentally enslaved even though black people have all the physical freedoms, they remain mentally shackled, that’s the choice of which he spoke.

I think the problem with thinking that a politician doesn’t care in that circumstance is this. No one, no matter how many votes they got, or how much money they have, can drain the water from a city overnight. It’s a problem when people, by their own nature, hold the belief that there’s someone somewhere with the power to just do anything no matter what, and that when something bad happens, that it’s always someone’s will or someone’s fault. The reality is that there was nothing that Bush could have done to make it better. It’s also true that the local powers that be at the time were aware of the limitations of the levies and didn’t do anything about them, nor did they adequately prepare for a storm that everyone saw coming for days.

There’s no good reason that it took the feds five days to bring any help. Bush could have sent out disaster relief within 24 hours which could have been on standby with trucks and rescue boats in the state north of Louisiana traveling down with food, water, and basic medicine once the storm itself passed. Ever heard of rescue supply drops? No good reason those weren’t made immediately after the storm passed. The people of New Orleans had every reason to be upset with the government.

This shit is epic beyond description.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSAoitd1BTQ[/youtube]

I mean, if you’re cool with the president violating federal law and trampling on state’s rights, then sure. A fact…if you’re interested…the state government has to ask the fed for the aid. The state and local governments there weren’t on good terms with one another over some political controversy where the mayor of NOLA and the governor of LA had talked some shit about each other in the past and both got butthurt. Once they got their shit together and followed the protocol, the aid came.

Lool.

Yep. Indeed it is, a choice.

Maybe he will be president.

Mayor of Chicago is probably a good aim to start.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq4citnm38E[/youtube]

“iz it because I iz black?”