"Slavery is a choice."

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

"Slavery is a choice."

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon May 21, 2018 10:34 pm



"wait a minute, youve been here for 400 years, all of you? That looks like a choice."

Valid?
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image
Before the Light - Tree of Life Academy - Thought of a Rune (film by Pezer)
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 7887
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby uglypeoplefucking » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:59 am

Legal slavery ended about 150 years ago, not 400. Further, racial segregation in the US only officially ended 50 or so years ago, and still unofficially exists today. So to pretend that black people in the US have had 400 years to get over slavery is ignorant and stupid. But that's Kanye for ya. In any case, the legacy of slavery, and then of segregation, and then of entrenched institutionalized discrimination against black Americans is very much ongoing and alive, though it's often understandably difficult for people outside of the US to fully understand and appreciate the significance of it.
i am brilliant, you are stupid. Therefore, you are wrong.
uglypeoplefucking
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4147
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: throughout

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby Zero_Sum » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:50 pm

uglypeoplefucking wrote:Legal slavery ended about 150 years ago, not 400. Further, racial segregation in the US only officially ended 50 or so years ago, and still unofficially exists today. So to pretend that black people in the US have had 400 years to get over slavery is ignorant and stupid. But that's Kanye for ya. In any case, the legacy of slavery, and then of segregation, and then of entrenched institutionalized discrimination against black Americans is very much ongoing and alive, though it's often understandably difficult for people outside of the US to fully understand and appreciate the significance of it.

Yes, black African Americans are enslaved and oppressed where it is all because of evil whitey.

All white ethnic European Americans should pay a mandatory reparations tax that goes to every black African American woman, man, and child. Such tragedies is what happens when you don't eradicate whiteness where in the United States we should ban whiteness from all positions of political power. The problem with American politics is that there is too many white people.

Now this isn't to confuse Jews with whiteness of which we don't identify with as we Jews are black African Americans best friend politically.
The temple mount will be rebuilt in Jerusalem and all the nations of the world will be ruled from there. All races, cultures, leaders, and nations will come to bow before the new messiah yet to come. All will come to know the chosen of God who refer themselves as Jews. For every Jew there will be a thousand goyim that will be their slaves as it was ordained by God. Every man, woman, and child will convert to Zionism.
User avatar
Zero_Sum
New World Order Enthusiast
 
Posts: 1838
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: United States- Greater Israel

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby Dan~ » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:29 pm

Have you ever seen a black organization do any form of charity to non-blacks?
Also have you seen any first nations do anything positive? Like really.
Personally see one doing something positive, instead of the typical got a dollar or drunk asleep at the bus stop.
User avatar
Dan~
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9975
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:14 am
Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:23 am

Dan~ wrote:Have you ever seen a black organization do any form of charity to non-blacks?
Also have you seen any first nations do anything positive? Like really.
We ll, to the second question, sure, frequently. But then I lived near them, more or less with them. I've not seen anyone do much good at busstops.

I don't really like what you wrote. I think unity and virtue are more important than beliefs, especially those.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1049
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:00 pm

uglypeoplefucking wrote:Legal slavery ended about 150 years ago, not 400. Further, racial segregation in the US only officially ended 50 or so years ago, and still unofficially exists today. So to pretend that black people in the US have had 400 years to get over slavery is ignorant and stupid. But that's Kanye for ya. In any case, the legacy of slavery, and then of segregation, and then of entrenched institutionalized discrimination against black Americans is very much ongoing and alive, though it's often understandably difficult for people outside of the US to fully understand and appreciate the significance of it.

Kanye is on tour a lot, but he lives inside the US.
He's actually an American, from Chicago if Im not mistaken.

Anyway Im sure you have your own experiences of being black and discriminated. Of course Kanye has money which makes it easier than it would be for you. Still I understand many blacks relate to Kanye just as I relate to him, as the great post-racist artist that he is.

What he meant and said was that 400 years have passed in slavery, and he thinks that is too long. I understand you don't agree with that.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image
Before the Light - Tree of Life Academy - Thought of a Rune (film by Pezer)
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 7887
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby uglypeoplefucking » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:30 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:Kanye is on tour a lot, but he lives inside the US.
He's actually an American, from Chicago if Im not mistaken.


I know. You're not mistaken - he is from Chicago. I was referring to people outside the US who think that Kanye actually has any idea what he's talking about when it comes racial politics in America.

Anyway Im sure you have your own experiences of being black and discriminated. Of course Kanye has money which makes it easier than it would be for you. Still I understand many blacks relate to Kanye just as I relate to him, as the great post-racist artist that he is.


Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but i'm white. Anyway, yes, Kanye is a good musician, and it has made him massively rich. I don't begrudge him that. However, that immense wealth and fame has driven him over the edge. He's sort of the modern rockstar's version of Caligula. This is not a recent development either - it's been a long, gradual descent into madness over the course of his career. About 15 years ago, shortly after Hurricane Katrina ravaged New Orleans, he appeared onstage at a live broadcast of a major musical awards show and made the impromptu announcement that then-president GW Bush "hates black people" because of the federal government's half-assed disaster-relief efforts (New Orleans has a large black population). I'm no fan of GW Bush, but the assertion that he hates black people is pretty outlandish and absurd, and the further implication that the president's supposed racism was the cause of the botched rescue and relief efforts in New Orleans is the stuff of Alex Jones style conspiracy theories.

Fixed Cross wrote:What he meant and said was that 400 years have passed in slavery, and he thinks that is too long. I understand you don't agree with that.


That is not what i took him to mean, given the "slavery is a choice" subtext of his statements. Slavery is not a choice, or it wouldn't be slavery. Blacks who, unlike Kanye, actually live with the legacy of slavery in this country certainly do NOT do so by choice - though from the gilded terrace upon which Kanye currently stands looking down upon them, it's easy for him to presume they are simply making excuses for their own misfortunes.
i am brilliant, you are stupid. Therefore, you are wrong.
uglypeoplefucking
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4147
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: throughout

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby Dan~ » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:12 pm

Karpel Tunnel wrote:
Dan~ wrote:Have you ever seen a black organization do any form of charity to non-blacks?
Also have you seen any first nations do anything positive? Like really.
We ll, to the second question, sure, frequently. But then I lived near them, more or less with them. I've not seen anyone do much good at busstops.
I don't really like what you wrote. I think unity and virtue are more important than beliefs, especially those.

Lucky for you i was not being serious.
User avatar
Dan~
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9975
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:14 am
Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:09 am



You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25500
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:36 am

I agreed with Kanye then, Bush didn't care, but I never heard the apology in your second clip. Where was it?

About Kanye's slavery remark, it was about mental enslavement. The choice to remain mentally enslaved even though black people have all the physical freedoms, they remain mentally shackled, that's the choice of which he spoke.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7119
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:29 am

I think the problem with thinking that a politician doesn't care in that circumstance is this. No one, no matter how many votes they got, or how much money they have, can drain the water from a city overnight. It's a problem when people, by their own nature, hold the belief that there's someone somewhere with the power to just do anything no matter what, and that when something bad happens, that it's always someone's will or someone's fault. The reality is that there was nothing that Bush could have done to make it better. It's also true that the local powers that be at the time were aware of the limitations of the levies and didn't do anything about them, nor did they adequately prepare for a storm that everyone saw coming for days.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25500
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:18 pm

There's no good reason that it took the feds five days to bring any help. Bush could have sent out disaster relief within 24 hours which could have been on standby with trucks and rescue boats in the state north of Louisiana traveling down with food, water, and basic medicine once the storm itself passed. Ever heard of rescue supply drops? No good reason those weren't made immediately after the storm passed. The people of New Orleans had every reason to be upset with the government.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7119
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby URUZ » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:12 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:

"wait a minute, youve been here for 400 years, all of you? That looks like a choice."

Valid?




This shit is epic beyond description.
EIHWAZ PERTHO NAUTHIZ

ANSUZ
User avatar
URUZ
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2049
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:14 am
Location: The topoi

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby URUZ » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:13 pm

EIHWAZ PERTHO NAUTHIZ

ANSUZ
User avatar
URUZ
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2049
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:14 am
Location: The topoi

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:42 am

WendyDarling wrote:There's no good reason that it took the feds five days to bring any help. Bush could have sent out disaster relief within 24 hours which could have been on standby with trucks and rescue boats in the state north of Louisiana traveling down with food, water, and basic medicine once the storm itself passed. Ever heard of rescue supply drops? No good reason those weren't made immediately after the storm passed. The people of New Orleans had every reason to be upset with the government.


I mean, if you're cool with the president violating federal law and trampling on state's rights, then sure. A fact...if you're interested...the state government has to ask the fed for the aid. The state and local governments there weren't on good terms with one another over some political controversy where the mayor of NOLA and the governor of LA had talked some shit about each other in the past and both got butthurt. Once they got their shit together and followed the protocol, the aid came.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25500
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby URUZ » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:17 pm

Lool.


Yep. Indeed it is, a choice.
EIHWAZ PERTHO NAUTHIZ

ANSUZ
User avatar
URUZ
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2049
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:14 am
Location: The topoi

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:47 pm

URUZ wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:

"wait a minute, youve been here for 400 years, all of you? That looks like a choice."

Valid?




This shit is epic beyond description.



Maybe he will be president.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image
Before the Light - Tree of Life Academy - Thought of a Rune (film by Pezer)
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 7887
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:59 pm

Mayor of Chicago is probably a good aim to start.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image
Before the Light - Tree of Life Academy - Thought of a Rune (film by Pezer)
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 7887
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby Pandora » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:00 pm

User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4215
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby Fixed Cross » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:02 pm

"iz it because I iz black?"
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image
Before the Light - Tree of Life Academy - Thought of a Rune (film by Pezer)
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 7887
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby Zero_Sum » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Being a part of the master class we set up the existential ideals for the rest of society and if you can't live up to them it is entirely your own fault, live up to our ideals and be successful for if you can't or won't you will become our slaves. It's that simple really.
The temple mount will be rebuilt in Jerusalem and all the nations of the world will be ruled from there. All races, cultures, leaders, and nations will come to bow before the new messiah yet to come. All will come to know the chosen of God who refer themselves as Jews. For every Jew there will be a thousand goyim that will be their slaves as it was ordained by God. Every man, woman, and child will convert to Zionism.
User avatar
Zero_Sum
New World Order Enthusiast
 
Posts: 1838
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: United States- Greater Israel

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:07 pm

How much is Isil paying this fuck?
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image
Before the Light - Tree of Life Academy - Thought of a Rune (film by Pezer)
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 7887
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby Thanathots » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:02 am

Fixed Cross wrote:How much is Isil paying this fuck?


Where can I get paid for posting on the internet? Sign me up right now.

Submission is a choice. Sometimes, for some people, it is a rational one.
User avatar
Thanathots
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:10 pm

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby Zero_Sum » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:42 am

Fixed Cross wrote:How much is Isil paying this fuck?

What? Did I say something wrong?
The temple mount will be rebuilt in Jerusalem and all the nations of the world will be ruled from there. All races, cultures, leaders, and nations will come to bow before the new messiah yet to come. All will come to know the chosen of God who refer themselves as Jews. For every Jew there will be a thousand goyim that will be their slaves as it was ordained by God. Every man, woman, and child will convert to Zionism.
User avatar
Zero_Sum
New World Order Enthusiast
 
Posts: 1838
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: United States- Greater Israel

Re: "Slavery is a choice."

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:15 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
"wait a minute, youve been here for 400 years, all of you? That looks like a choice."

Valid?

Do you mean they could have moved somewhere? And should have if they don't like it here? Something like that?
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1049
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Next

Return to Society, Government, and Economics



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron