Nationalize Food & Housing

The food industry and housing should be nationalized.
It’s dumb healthcare and education are regarded as essential and are nationalized, yet food and housing aren’t.
They should all be nationalized, or if anything, food and housing should be nationalized instead of education.
Until consumers and workers are in control of what they need, they will continue to be slaves of the elite, held hostage with totally unfair and unnecessary inflation and relative stagnation of wages.
Food is a hundred times easier to produce today than it was centuries ago, yet we have to work just as hard, or harder for it, it’s intolerably absurd.

There are a few ways I can think of that this could be accomplished, one is by government printing as much money as it needs debt free to purchase them, which brings me to another point: taxes and private central banks don’t need to exist, they’re immoral, inefficient and antiquated. Government can just print as much money as it needs to without incurring debt, it should also be able to lend money to people who need it at zero interest.

Mass production of food/housing should be nationalized, but small scale production can remain privatized.
People who work in these industries should be paid a lot more, and government should hire as many people to work in these industries as possible, maximizing employment rather than minimizing it like private corporations do, all the while charging consumers as little as possible.
These industries should also be made as green, as natural as possible, no GMO or growth hormones unless absolutely necessary.
Preferably we’ll be able to produce enough food to feed everyone without altering it.
Herbicides, pesticides and unnatural fertilizers will probably still be necessary, unfortunately.

All the other essential goods and services should be nationalized too, from appliances like refrigerators and stoves, to furniture, to clothing/textiles.
Perhaps some mass production of clothing/textiles can be left private for creativity’s sake, altho it will have a lot of trouble competing with state clothing/textiles, I would imagine, since it will manufacture and distribute high quality clothes at low prices.

Basically the economy should be divided into two, government should takeover what’s essential, and as for what’s inessential, that I’m not as concerned with, because it’s, well, inessential.
either it can be left completely private, or some regulation can exist, like handing mass private production from capitalists over to workers, and/or some regulation of mass private production, to make sure prices and wages are fair, and the environment isn’t paying a heavy toll for things that don’t need to be produced, or worse, are damaging to the health and welfare of the people.

Perhaps three major parties can exist over the question of what to do with the private sector of the economy, but all three parties should agree that essential industries need to remain socialized.
One party will advocate for the abolishment of the private sector altogether, or at least a major reduction of it, the other will advocate for more environmentalist and syndicalist regulation of it, and the other party will argue for less regulation of it.

Who’s gonna pay for all this shit?

Government, by printing as much money as it needs.
That may inflate prices in the private sector, but so what?
After government nationalizes all the essential industries, it’ll deflate the prices of all the essential goods and services, which’s all that matters.
Prices of essential goods and services are inflating more than wages are, decade by decade, year by year, the economy doesn’t need one or two touch ups, it needs an overhaul, or it’ll continue declining until collapsing.
This is one method of putting a stop to all this madness.
We’re in a recession, now.
For working people, the economy has been receding since at least the 1980s.
What they refer to as ‘recessions’, are really just a sudden acceleration along an uninterrupted downward trajectory.
The economy is a total sham, a farce.

People have also been saying that you need to invest for your future since even before then. So did you not do that? I mean…the industrial revolution is over so you can’t expect to just go to work and get a good life out of it. There’s a good chance that you’re not going to have available to you the kind of work that’s going to be worth the trouble that others will have to bear to support you. Are you like…a professional economist? I mean…forgive me but I just don’t see how any of this will fly in a world where the people and the government need what private companies can provide more than the private companies need what the government and the people can provide in return.

Artificial scarcity, look it up.

Yeah because if you don’t do something to get humanity up off it’s ass then we’ll all go back to living in caves and having a life expectancy of 30 years.

Americans are so fucking lazy on average that artificial scarcities of luxury goods wasn’t enough. Now we got artificial scarcity of basic medicines. Doesn’t matter to people who can afford to take a trip to Mexico, or to buy insurance. That’s by design. If you can take a vacation or afford insurance then you’re probably already off your ass and doing something.

Except peak oil and natural resources will eventually reach its zenith where all the the idealistic fantasies or ambitions in the world won’t save us from that reality.

[We won’t be living in caves per say but maybe log cabins with wood stoves if we’re lucky.]

It’ll be so long before that’s an issue that it would be foolish to focus on that issue rather than more immediate needs. No one saw fracking coming. How long until Qatar runs out of LNG and starts fracking there? What about the Aramco IPO? You don’t think the Saudi’s are going to come through with their economic revitalization plan once oil hits 100 a barrel again? They can get it from the sands for next to nothing and they’ve got enough to last generations. Don’t be confused about the price of oil as it relates to scarcity. You already understand the concept of artificial scarcity. There’s enough under the ground to burn for longer than we can even envision…it’s just a matter of it being worth it to get it to someone who can get it but doesn’t need it for themselves. What about offshore drilling? What about the discovery off the coast of Guyana? What about when the time finally rolls around that Southern Company’s Kemper plant becomes economically viable? What about the next generation of extraction technology that replaces fracking once fracking can’t extract any more? Energy is, without question, the most important and the most demanded product across all of humanity. Everyone’s got a political opinion until they’re freezing in the cold. You’d be smart to believe that people in power know this, and plan on using that knowledge to their advantage. The smartest and most capable people on Earth will be the ones who continue to figure out how to keep the lights on…and I think they’ve got more tricks up their sleeves than you might realize.

I lived in a drafty ass tiny house when I was a kid that used a cast iron, wood burning stove for heat. So we would drag in logs from outside and throw them in there. My room was a bit of a hallway between the room with the stove and the shitter. So I’d sleep on this floor next to that hot piece of cast iron to keep from being cold in the winter. It sucked man. People aren’t going to go to that kind of lifestyle without trying everything else first, including genocide and nuclear war.

Well, then we’ll warm ourselves to nuclear reactors as we slowly die from radiation exposure bitterly clinging onto rifles. Whatever…

Nah man. We put those reactors in the flyover states and make those farmers move to the cities. Then we start importing beef from Argentina and fruit from the rest of South America. It’ll be fine.

How are you going to move freight with peak oil and natural resources at its zenith globally again? You meant by sail boats right?

Put that shit on a donkey. Feed the donkey nuclear monsanto soybeans. When it shits, let the people in South America burn it’s shit for heat.

Wow man, that’s a rocket scientist tier response right there. A genius level solution if I ever seen one. :laughing:

A lot of people use donkeys. They’re more energy efficient than a prius.

Sounds like you have the answers for everything. :laughing:

Yeah.

Well, I look forward to your donkey dung powered future economy. :laughing:

I am sure it will be great and outstanding.

MIT wrote an article about three years ago where it summarized that global energy and natural resource consumption of the entire planet will hit the brick wall of reality as early as 2050.

Sure, that is still thirty two years away but happen it will.