The morality of taxation

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: The morality of taxation

Postby Serendipper » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:39 am

Zero_Sum wrote:
UrGod wrote:I appreciate the long response, I am sure it took you a while to write.

Skimming it, I'll just be honest that I probably will not bother to reply. You missed or mistook almost everything I said, and ignored key other things. The amount of effort it would take me to honestly address these glaring problems you display is simply not worth the potential payout, even if I thought you might rise to the challenge, which I don't really think is likely.

Best luck.

Can't argue against other people's points and just assumes he's right where everybody else is wrong. What's not to like? :lol:

I knew that going in, but just wanted to be sure of my own reasoning. Trial by fire. I ran my idea by Richard Wolff, but he didn't reply. So I'm left with random forum people to show me my error, but everyone is biased one way or the other and no one wants to be wrong.

My theory is simple: Money flows uphill by employment and there has to be a governmental mechanism to recycle the money back down so it can flow up again. Explaining it easy, but explaining why it's true is difficult.

My dad has accepted it, or at least can't find error, but can't take it to heart because he's a Rush Limbaugh fan. If he bought my ideas, he would lose his identity. Ego trumps all else, including blood... sons, daughters are all expendable to preserve the ego. Dad's strategy is simply not to talk to me or have meaningful relation-ship and in that way he won't have to be wrong. It's better to not have a son than to admit you're wrong. If people would sacrifice their own kids to preserve their ego, there is no getting through to them.
Serendipper
Thinker

Postby Zero_Sum » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:56 am

Serendipper,

All you need is a state that devotes itself to the livelihood, social well-being, and dignity of its citizens, you know, the complete opposite of what we have now.
The temple mount will be rebuilt in Jerusalem and all the nations of the world will be ruled from there. All races, cultures, leaders, and nations will come to bow before the new messiah yet to come. All will come to know the chosen of God who refer themselves as Jews. For every Jew there will be a thousand goyim that will be their slaves as it was ordained by God. Every man, woman, and child will convert to Zionism.
Zero_Sum
New World Order Enthusiast

Postby Serendipper » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:55 am

Zero_Sum wrote:Serendipper,

All you need is a state that devotes itself to the livelihood, social well-being, and dignity of its citizens, you know, the complete opposite of what we have now.

I can see value in that, but I suspect there is no perfect way and every advantage has a disadvantage. We have to focus on education and teaching critical thinking in particular and then people will be smart enough or at least equipped enough to make the right choices as they go along, if that leads to dictatorship because the skillful thinkers choose that, then so be it. But step-one is to teach kids how to correctly process information. All the logical fallacies should be common knowledge like the ABCs.

Danish psychologist Helmuth Nyborg says some populations aren't smart enough for a democracy and when the ave iq of Sweden falls below 80-90 through dilution with immigrants, the system of government will break down. He says dictatorship is the only way to govern low iq peoples. On the other hand, democracy works when the ave iq is high enough.

Then again, psychologist Satoshi Kanazawa says to expect the ave iq to decline throughout the 21st century due to intelligent women choosing not to reproduce.

Some are predicting a dark age coming because technology is dumbing us down, among other factors. Maybe we will have a dictatorship.
Serendipper
Thinker

Postby Zero_Sum » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:35 pm

Serendipper wrote:
Zero_Sum wrote:Serendipper,

I can see value in that, but I suspect there is no perfect way and every advantage has a disadvantage. We have to focus on education and teaching critical thinking in particular and then people will be smart enough or at least equipped enough to make the right choices as they go along, if that leads to dictatorship because the skillful thinkers choose that, then so be it. But step-one is to teach kids how to correctly process information. All the logical fallacies should be common knowledge like the ABCs.

Danish psychologist Helmuth Nyborg says some populations aren't smart enough for a democracy and when the ave iq of Sweden falls below 80-90 through dilution with immigrants, the system of government will break down. He says dictatorship is the only way to govern low iq peoples. On the other hand, democracy works when the ave iq is high enough.

Then again, psychologist Satoshi Kanazawa says to expect the ave iq to decline throughout the 21st century due to intelligent women choosing not to reproduce.

Some are predicting a dark age coming because technology is dumbing us down, among other factors. Maybe we will have a dictatorship.

Multicultural or multiracial societies will always fail due to dissension. Democracy is the idea that the majority of dumb uneducated idiots can rule themselves or make laws for society and the state. Total epic failure.
The temple mount will be rebuilt in Jerusalem and all the nations of the world will be ruled from there. All races, cultures, leaders, and nations will come to bow before the new messiah yet to come. All will come to know the chosen of God who refer themselves as Jews. For every Jew there will be a thousand goyim that will be their slaves as it was ordained by God. Every man, woman, and child will convert to Zionism.
Zero_Sum
New World Order Enthusiast

Postby URUZ » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:36 am

The morality of taxation: how many rich people does it take to pay for the lives of a thousand poor people?

Answer: 1

So you have 1000 poor people on government services and handouts of all different kinds, living directly off of the efforts of a single successful person.

Wait, what does this have to do with morality again? I thought rich successful people were supposed to be the bad guys, so why is just one of them sustaining the lives of a thousand people?
EIHWAZ PERTHO NAUTHIZ

ANSUZ
URUZ
Philosopher

Postby Serendipper » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:01 am

Zero_Sum wrote:Multicultural or multiracial societies will always fail due to dissension. Democracy is the idea that the majority of dumb uneducated idiots can rule themselves or make laws for society and the state. Total epic failure.

Yeah I know what you mean. How do we ensure a dictator won't be corrupt?
Serendipper
Thinker

Postby Serendipper » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:18 am

UrGod wrote:The morality of taxation: how many rich people does it take to pay for the lives of a thousand poor people?

Answer: 1

So you have 1000 poor people on government services and handouts of all different kinds, living directly off of the efforts of a single successful person.

Wait, what does this have to do with morality again? I thought rich successful people were supposed to be the bad guys, so why is just one of them sustaining the lives of a thousand people?

That's a good point, but I addressed that by the fact that employment involves theft, so the theft of taxation rights the wrong. Two wrongs make a right, I guess, but if someone steals something and you steal it back then give it to them, is that wrong? So taxation is moral only if it's redistribution.
Serendipper
Thinker

Postby Pandora » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:08 pm

If you’re super rich you don’t have to pay taxes. But then again, the rich don’t use public services anyway; and their loyalty is only to themselves and other super rich.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_Papers

Yes, Oligarchs of the World Unite!
Pandora
Philosopher

Postby Serendipper » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:25 am

Pandora wrote:If you’re super rich you don’t have to pay taxes.

That's what Peter Schiff said about the 90% tax rates in the past... no one paid it. He said he'd prefer to go back to that since there were more ways to get around paying taxes. Well if that's true, then what did Reagan and Kennedy accomplish?

But then again, the rich don’t use public services anyway; and their loyalty is only to themselves and other super rich.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_Papers

Yes, Oligarchs of the World Unite!

Nice. They increasingly take money out of circulation.
Serendipper
Thinker

Postby Pandora » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:03 am

I was surprised to see university names on the list, as well.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... ise_Papers

More liberal hypocrisy: *shakes head*
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/n ... ise-papers
Pandora
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Society, Government, and Economics