Stalin Was No Political Vegetarian

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Moderator: Uccisore

Stalin Was No Political Vegetarian

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:40 am

In late January 1943 Russian forces destroyed the nazi siege of Stalingrad, and began beating them back all the way to their homeland, a process which would take them two years. Had Stalingrad fallen, it would have been a painful symbolic loss for Stalin, who reportedly, when he had heard of the news of Hitler, with whom he had made a pact, having invaded his territory, hid in his study for eight days and refused to see or speak to anyone.

My thinking is that he lured the Germans deep into the cold wintery no mans land, where not man, but Rus lives. For Rus life and death are not as different as they are for others. It is certain that when Stalin re emerged from his study, he took all the right steps, setting his nation on a course to defeat Hitler and then take man into space, forging a legacy for mother Russia that can proudly compare with all the great empires of history.

God being dead and all, we can acknowledge that this man was not unimportant in world-history, not only a force of great punishment on man, but also of great victories for humanity.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

Thunderbolt steers all things.
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Re: Stalin Was No Political Vegetarian

Postby Zero_Sum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:39 am

We can all appreciate ourselves with the significance, conspiracy, and misery of World War II in history but I am more concerned with the future prospects of World War III.
The condition of man... is a condition of war of everyone against everyone.

I put for the general inclination of all mankind, a perpetual and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death.

-Thomas Hobbes-
Zero_Sum
Machiavellian Negator And Cynic

Location: United States- Global Commercial Financial Republican Empire

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:33 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:We can all appreciate ourselves with the significance, conspiracy, and misery of World War II in history but I am more concerned with the future prospects of World War III.

Give us your prospects.
But do it in some practical details. No general vagueries in war.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

Thunderbolt steers all things.
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Zero_Sum » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:51 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
Zero_Sum wrote:We can all appreciate ourselves with the significance, conspiracy, and misery of World War II in history but I am more concerned with the future prospects of World War III.

Give us your prospects.
But do it in some practical details. No general vagueries in war.

This coming from the most vague and obtuse individual of ILP. #-o
The condition of man... is a condition of war of everyone against everyone.

I put for the general inclination of all mankind, a perpetual and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death.

-Thomas Hobbes-
Zero_Sum
Machiavellian Negator And Cynic

Location: United States- Global Commercial Financial Republican Empire

Return to Society, Government, and Economics