Appropriate sexual behavior

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: Appropriate sexual behavior

Postby Carleas » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:01 pm

captaincrunk wrote:That happens so rarely that it's more of a hilarious meme than it is a real issue. Anyway, maybe if you treated people well you wouldn't live in constant terror of some mythical woman who hates you trying to get even.

I agree that this is uncommon enough that it does not present a general objection, but I disagree that the issue in the actual cases is that the accused is at fault so long as he angered some woman ever. First, that's an impossible standard (see RBF on this point). Second, being someone that is annoying or hate-inducing is not the same as being a sexual predator.

captaincrunk wrote:If someone is so socially inept that you can't help but make women feel uncomfortable, maybe they should be looking at themselves instead of blaming everyone else for judging them.

I recently had a conversation about the Cat Person story that's been making the rounds. SPOILERS FOLLOW:
Their reading was that the man, Robert, was clearly using "Pick Up Artist" (PUA) tactics, like 'negging', withholding approval, whatever. I was shocked to learn that, because as I read it, Robert pretty clearly had some sort of social disorder like autism. The author's subsequent comments make clear both that 1) she intended Robert to be a PUA, and his tactics to be deliberate, and 2) that PUA tactics and social disorders like autism look very similar, and that she played on that similarity to sow doubt in the reader.

I'm reminded of that exchange now, where you are saying that being socially inept makes a person at fault for the way their are perceived. I don't think that's right either. Much social failure is sincere, and it's just not useful to say "stop making people (including women) uncomfortable".

It's not at all clear to me that people have a right not to be made uncomfortable.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi
 
Posts: 5611
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Washington DC, USA

Re: Appropriate sexual behavior

Postby Zero_Sum » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:41 pm

Carleas wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Couplings that produce offspring have little to do with marriage in this day and age, so no one but you is talking about marriage.

1) Most kids are still born in marriages (40% are born out of wedlock, and less than 30% of kids born to white mothers; see here), so the statistics about marriage still give us some insight.
2) Trends in marriage are likely to mirror trends in other coupling, especially if the indoctrination that's being claimed in this thread is happening.
3) James' claims here are about attractiveness, and again I propose that marriage is a fair proxy to tell us what people find attractive.
4) As we've discussed before, saying some data isn't good enough does not support your position. If you have better data, present better data. Until then, the best data we have shows that...

Zero_Sum wrote:An increase of interracial relationships by 50% of the population illustrates the success of this campaign of social engineering in eliminating cultural, racial, and ethnic cohesion of said host population.

Just to clarify, because I feel like this is being overstated, we're talking about 50% of the population of interracial relationships, which was low to begin with. If X is true of 10% of relationships, and it increases by 50%, it's still the case the X is not true for 85% of relationships.

As for "eliminating...cohesion", I think the cohesion was always more familial than racial or ethnic, and in the past family was pretty strongly correlated with race and ethnicity. So the decoupling of family from race looks like a breakdown of that cohesion, but the cohesion was never actually racial, it was just incidentally racial.

Culture I think is different, because people from different racial backgrounds can be part of the same culture. Black and white college graduates are likely to be more culturally similar than a white college graduate and a white high school dropout, and even more so than a white urban American and a white rural Russian.


All of this is a bit off topic though, no? This thread used to be about what's appropriate sexual behavior, does any of this tie back? How did this get to be another thread about white genocide?



Without further delay, what part of 50% of the population cut in half do you not comprehend exactly? Do you think that is normal or inconsequential? Was it normal for when the Seminole tribe of Florida was cut in half by 50% in population? You will of course say it isn't comparable but it really is. You might even say it is karmic justice taking the position of the anti white social justice warrior or virtue signaler.

Race and ethnicity plays a big important role in culture which family revolves around where your denial or minimizing the importance of race just strikes me of irrational political correctness.

Your artificial notion of civic nationalism versus ethnic nationalism does nothing in defending your position but instead sounds like rehearsed social propaganda of the period of time we find ourselves living in. I am not a supporter of civic nationalism especially when one group of people is destroyed so that all others prosper. I am also against civic globalism. You and James started talking about race at first where I merely chimed in adding my own thoughts on the subject.

I mean, Roy Moore has been credibly accused of attempted forcible rape. I agree that there's a hysteria going on, but not every allegation brought to light during a hysteria is without merit.


It is all hysteria and useless accusations without evidence of an act. (15, 20, and 40 years after the alleged acts.)

I can easily conceive a world where political operatives bribe a bunch of women with significant amounts of money claiming sexual harassment or worse to take down a political opponent publicly.(Judging by the latest Alabama state election such a weaponized ploy was very successful in its intended goals.)

You on the other hand can't imagine such a world where things like that happen because your moral idealism clouds your ability to see reality. For you such a world is inconceivable and incomprehensible where it cannot exist, a sort of normalcy bias of yours. Moreover it seems you have an inability to understand false rape accusations or that some women use such false accusations as precedent of elevating their own social or individual power over others.

Of course this is the era of cognitive dissonance and this will only increase with time. This is as they say just the beginning.
The temple mount will be rebuilt in Jerusalem and all the nations of the world will be ruled from there. All races, cultures, leaders, and nations will come to bow before the new messiah yet to come. All will come to know the chosen of God who refer themselves as Jews. For every Jew there will be a thousand goyim that will be their slaves as it was ordained by God. Every man, woman, and child will convert to Zionism.
User avatar
Zero_Sum
New World Order Enthusiast
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: United States- Greater Israel

Re: Appropriate sexual behavior

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:28 am

Seriously, in an abstract sense, there is no such thing as "Appropriate" sexual behavior. In nature, instinct compels mammals to mate. It is not until humanity that the mating process becomes most elaborate and complex. But sexual conduct is universal in such that a male takes a female's innocence, her virginity. Female sex has great value; male sex does not. Therefore sex with women is universally wanted and demanded, desired.

The "Appropriate" ideal is such that women, generally, "Approve" of their suitors advances. But this is actually rare. Most women reject most men. And most of sexual conduct, advances, and behaviors are those of rejection. Women reject a lot of men, most, before final acceptance. And acceptance is contingent upon the seduction of a woman. If a woman is not seduced, then the male is rejected, not approved, and no longer appropriate. Thus sexual "Appropriateness" is based upon the female's judgment of male seduction. That's it, all it is.

Thus modern people complain about all this "Inappropriate" sexual conduct, in such that, women are rejecting the advances of [i]some men
. Society then has a "free pass", collectively, a collective judgment, to exact a price and punish 'unwanted' men. Men who have failed to seduce, and gain the approval, of some women.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Appropriate sexual behavior

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:33 am

Another note:

I don't believe that it is until men and women, boys and girls, are strictly segregated throughout society, that this "problem" of sexual misconduct can be solved. A heavy push to severely conservative, rightist, values is the answer. Boys and girls should be segregated in school, in the military, in the office, and in many other areas of life. However segregation is a natural compulsion, so people choose of their own volition, to segregate anyway. Thus despite the "advances" of liberal-left values, and the urge to overturn nature, still does not win out. Men congregate with other men, in general. Women with women.

The reason and cause for all this, is putting men and women into environments where they are not supposed to be sexually advancing and harassing each other.

For example, if you are teaching a classroom of 16 year old teenagers, and the boys and girls are together, then how much will they be focused on each other, and sex, rather than being educated? It's an imbecilic idea, that you can teach a bunch of students in an environment where their hormones physically dictate their primary focuses and directives. Same with war. War cannot really be conducted in the same sense when women, or children, are introduced to a battlefield.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Appropriate sexual behavior

Postby captaincrunk » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:20 pm

Carleas wrote:
captaincrunk wrote:If someone is so socially inept that you can't help but make women feel uncomfortable, maybe they should be looking at themselves instead of blaming everyone else for judging them.

I recently had a conversation about the Cat Person story that's been making the rounds. SPOILERS FOLLOW:
Their reading was that the man, Robert, was clearly using "Pick Up Artist" (PUA) tactics, like 'negging', withholding approval, whatever. I was shocked to learn that, because as I read it, Robert pretty clearly had some sort of social disorder like autism. The author's subsequent comments make clear both that 1) she intended Robert to be a PUA, and his tactics to be deliberate, and 2) that PUA tactics and social disorders like autism look very similar, and that she played on that similarity to sow doubt in the reader.

I'm reminded of that exchange now, where you are saying that being socially inept makes a person at fault for the way their are perceived. I don't think that's right either. Much social failure is sincere, and it's just not useful to say "stop making people (including women) uncomfortable".

It's not at all clear to me that people have a right not to be made uncomfortable.

Well, I work specifically with autistic males on how to be less creepy. They DO need to look at themselves, because they can't expect the world to just go "oh he's autistic, I guess I'll marry him because it's not his fault, and his awful creepy comments are therefore acceptable because he has a disability"

It's not gonna happen, so we might as well forget pretending. Besides, plenty of creepy fucks don't have autism and they need to analyze their behavior too.
captaincrunk
BANNED
 
Posts: 2420
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Previous

Return to Society, Government, and Economics



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users