Capitalism at it's finest!

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Moderator: Uccisore

Capitalism at it's finest!

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:18 am

Jeff Bezos Becomes 2nd Man In History To Amass 12-Figure Fortune

$100,000,000,000....

That is the net worth of Amazon founder (and Washington Post owner) Jeff Bezos after Amazon's shares surged today on optimism over Black Friday.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-2 ... re-fortune

Prophetic words penned by George Sand in mid 19th century.

" ... there is a lack of hands to work the land but every profession has a host of aspirants; where human beings, hideously massed together around palaces, crawl and lick the footprints of the rich; where enormous capital, accumulated in accordance with the laws of social wealth ... in a few men's hands, (Read Bezos, Gates, Zucker, Ma ...) is the prize in a never ending lottery of avarice, immorality, and ineptness ... in this country of lewdness and misery, of vice and desolation, in this civilization, rotten to its very roots, you want me to be a loyal citizen? You want me sacrifice my will, desires, imagination to its needs, being either its dupe or its victim, so the penny I might toss to a beggar will end up in a millionaire's coffers?"

Capitalism is simply wealth redistribution over and over and over again ... never ending ... in perpetuity.

OTH ... is anything ever really "never ending" ... perpetual? :-)
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Re: Capitalism at it's finest!

Postby Zero_Sum » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:35 pm

The irony of Laissez Faire capitalists is their claim that genuine capitalism is against monopolies but what we find in history time and time again is that capitalism inevitably, naturally, and predictably creates monopolies where it is almost certain that large companies will gobble up all the small ones overtime where in the aftermath a monopoly of commercial enterprise is formed. When this happens this is usually done to great detriment towards the rest of society.

Libertarians capitalist and free trade advocates will state or argue that the kind of capitalism we have today isn't genuine capitalism but instead is crony capitalism yet I would argue that all forms of capitalism naturally evolve into crony capitalistic despots inevitably so. Once you understand that the whole silly charade of genuine capitalism versus non-genuine capitalism arguments just become silly and amusing. There is no original genuine unfettered form of capitalism that is in accordance of freedom or liberty but instead there is only crony capitalism in all its manifestations historically. Capitalism has never been for the common man or woman and the majority of society, it has always been about predatory commercial business practices.
Zero_Sum
Machiavellian Negator And Cynic

Location: United States- Global Commercial Financial Republican Empire

Return to Society, Government, and Economics