Are the .1% are shooting themselves in the foot by hording.

Are the .1% are shooting themselves in the foot by hording.

Presently, the rich preside over a demographic pyramid that is top shaped and de-stabled.

Ironically, because the rich have put themselves so far from the base, they themselves have become the most unstable part of the pyramid. This is not good for the rich.

Trickle down, an economic concept which is what we all live in, if increased would remedy the stability problem.

With the world below being de-stabilized by the rich, due to their distance from the bottom, and the rich knowing the benefits of stability, would be well advised to lower its demographic position and bring profits to the whole demography.

To the rich, with profits to all being possible, I would ask, what are you waiting for?

Regards
DL

I am not a fan of the pyramid analogy, I think its too simple… variables being money and people.

Unstable how? I think stability in this analogy means having less money… I suppose one could argue that maintaining wealth can be difficult, but I don’t buy it. I’ve too frequently heard “the rich keep getting richer”

I don’t agree with the argument/premises but the conclusion can be supported by other means:

Matthew 19:21
Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

The signs are not good. I predicted a trillion dollar private holding as being catastrophically destabilIzing. Prediction was within a generation.

But it’s moving too fast. The Facebook founders fortune went from 5 billion around 5 years ago it occurred 15 billion only in one year.

the capital acceleration cannot be slowed down or stopped at this rate a trillion will be reached in a decade or less of personal Holdings

Theyre not hoarding. All our money is being drained by Social Security. Believe it or not, its the poor, what is being done to make life easy for them, that are the true Greed.

“”"

Social Security Administration Spending Tops $1 Trillion for First Time

Ad Feedback

By Terence P. Jeffrey | October 25, 2017 | 4:24 PM EDT

(CNSNews.com) - In fiscal 2017, real Social Security Administration spending topped $1 trillion for the first time, according data published in the Monthly Treasury Statement.

The Social Security Administration spent a total $1,000,812,000,000 in fiscal 2017, according to the Treasury.

That was about 37 times as much as the Department of State spent during the year ($27,061,000,000), 32 times as much as the Department of Justice ($30,977,000,000), and 20 times as much as the Department of Homeland Security ($50,502,000,000).

The $1,000,812,000,000 spent by the Social Security Administration in fiscal 2017 was also about 76 percent more than the federal government spent on Department of Defense and Military Programs ($568,905,000,000) during the year.

According to the Monthly Treasury Statement, the only major spending category that absorbed more money than the Social Security Administration in fiscal 2017 was the Department of Health and Human Services, which spent $1,116,764,000,000.

Ad Feedback

The combined $2,117,576,000,000 that the federal government spent on HHS and the Social Security Administration in fiscal 2017 equaled 53.2 percent of the $3,980,605,000,000 in total federal spending for the year.

Real Social Security Administration spending first topped $600 billion in fiscal 1997. It then topped $700 billion in 2006, $800 billion in 2009 and $900 billion in 2013.

The record $1,000,812,000,000 that the Social Security Administration spent in fiscal 2017, as reported in the Monthly Treasury Statement, encompassed both the Social Security program itself (which includes Old-Age and Survivors Insurance and Disability Insurance) and the Supplemental Security Income Program. The latter is administered by the Social Security Administration but is funded by general federal tax revenues.

Ad Feedback

As reported in Table 5 of the September Monthly Treasury Statement, the SSA spent $791,098,000,000 on benefit payments from the Old-Age and Survivors Insurance Trust Fund in fiscal 2017. It also spent $3,678,000,000 in administrative expenses for that fund and paid $4,316,000,000 to the Railroad Retirement Account.

The SSA also spent, as reported on Table 5, $142,957,000,000 on benefit payments from the Disability Insurance Trust Fund and $2,692,000,000 in administrative expenses for that fund.

The SSA also spent $58,710,000,000 on the Supplemental Security Income Program in fiscal 2017, according to the report.

Ad Feedback

In a statement to CNSNews.com, the Social Security Administration acknowledged that the combined spending for the Social Security program (Old Age and Survivors Insurance and Disability Insurance) and the Supplemental Security Income program did exceed $1 trillion in fiscal 2017, but that spending for the Social Security program alone did not reach that level during the year. SSA noted that its latest trustees report projects that spending on the Social Security program alone will top $1 trillion in fiscal 2019.

“”":

It may be simple to you but perhaps economists see more than you and I do as they use it in rather complicated ways.

As to Jesus and that saying. Garbage.

That is why no one is stupid enough to do as Jesus bid. Jesus himself had his banker and did not follow his own advice. Judas.

You missed that Jesus was talking of so called spiritual wealth. Not Physical wealth.

John 6 ; 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Regards
DL

I do not agree that the process cannot be stopped. Al it takes is political will. But that aside, I would not want to stop the growth of any company. I would just insure that they paid their fair share of the tax burden.

Regards
DL

All Western nations are slaved to the demographics of it’s people. All nations will have to adjust social spending as the populations of older demographic and people grow.

That may be the straw that breaks our mental camels back and gets us thinking of how poorly our economic policies are serving us all.

Regards
DL