So... will it rain on he plains of Spain?

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Moderator: Uccisore

So... will it rain on he plains of Spain?

Postby Jakob » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:17 pm

I mean will it be war?

The idiots from Madrid....
Catalunya came up with ninety percent of the votes (cast despite of and because of totalitarian threats from the stinking hole of rot that calls itself Spains capital) being cast for independence...
you have to be really stunted to respond to this like the "king" of that dead-and-gone nation did.

Will it be war? Will Madrid be as stunted as to send in the tanks?
I never wanted to know about their dirty fascist history too much. I know my Spanish friends family fought against Franco, and I know it was brutal and ugly. But I didn't know it was the same situation as now: Castile vs Catalunya.

90%. Has that even occurred before in an election?
I can't imagine any way for the "king" (who tends to use his royal powers to hurl insults at leaders of states he considers to be his property) to prevent Catalunya from seceding.

One vaguely imaginable outcome would be for Spain to be kicked out of the EU for being a military dictatorship, and Catalunya entering as a sovereign state. Its really hard to predict anything at all in Europe though - the future remains opaque.
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Re: So... will it rain on he plains of Spain?

Postby MagsJ » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:01 pm

Enough of these Western wars! move on.. 2017 and all that.
MagsJ
The Londonist

Return to Society, Government, and Economics