Are governments just protection rackets for the 1%?

Those words make sense.

The will drives the actions taken. Right?

Regards
DL

I hope your last is wrong.

If people, as they get smarter and better educated, should want to move progress more.

That is why universities in non-western countries, like China, try to control the curriculum.

China fears the revolution that education and knowledge bring.

Perhaps that is also why the U.S. is dumbing down it’s people.

youtube.com/watch?v=JVqMAlgAnlo&app=desktop

Regards
DL

One’s will, one’s knowledge, one’s network of people (especially if one has powerful allies), ones ability/disability, one’s class, one’s group, the type of society one lives in - say, if you live in Burma and are Muslim or you are Christian and live in Chicago - one’s health, one’s family - one could speak up against the autocratic regime, but the death patrols might grab your kids along with you. Potency, the ability to make change is dependent on a whole lot of things. Unless you believe in magic, but even then, does Iambiguous or you for that matter, have the kinds of magical powers that give everyone with the same will the same potency?

The so called educated have no will to fight, they’re all about thrifty consumerism and how to decorate the exteriors or interiors of their homes out competing their neighbors. The so called educated are full of the worst kind of decadent cretins. They’re all about the status quo and conformity under authority because they worship financial security to such a degree they’ll ruthlessly attack anybody to achieve it and destroy any group of people to acquire it. There is no faith in the so called educated segments of society since for the most part they’re enablers of the problems to begin with entirely being compartmentalized.

The only group of people that has any will to fight left is the lower classes of malcontents but this is problematic because most are either severely uneducated or ignorant and because many of them are susceptible in being co-opted by the upper echelons of society that seeks to keep them divided politically. The best that can be hoped for is a tiny educated and aware portion of the lower classes to fight back but once again what is problematic with that is there are so few of us scattered around the world. It would take a real banner to unite behind all around the world.

No, death and execution is the only solution to the problem. There is nothing beyond that will fix our global systemic problems.

This is why human beings need a strong and ruthless form of government organization that will for the most part restrain all egotistical-individualist manifestations of human nature utilizing such energies into something progressively collectivist where all benefit. If you leave individual human beings to their own devices they’ll eventually ruin any society, it takes an enlightened hand to whip them into shape for something much better otherwise human nature delves into unorganized chaos.

Bring back the dictatorship of the philosopher king.

I was speaking of powers of the will, not supernatural garbage.

I only have the power of my words.

Regards
DL

Yet the educated and intelligentsia, with the help of both the dumb and bright create revolutions.

Was it the less intelligent, for instance, that caused the rebellion of the Northern States against the slavery loving Southern States, or was it an intelligent President and moral people of the U.S.?

Regards
DL

If murder is your only solution to problems ------

Regards
DL

It has worked for thousands of years plus and counting…

:laughing-rolling:

As far as I am concerned the founders of the United States were a bunch of conspiring Freemasons, but anyways…

You got my point and your nervous laughter proves it.

Regards
DL

Nope, not even close.

As so, in response to the main point I made in that post, you think…?
(I made a point and just in case included a way to cover a possible exception. You focused on this one piece and not the rest)

In areas of language or misunderstandings, I hide behind being French.

I did not like my understanding of what you put initially and did the safe thing.

Set you question separately and perhaps I can give you what you want. Brief and clear is always best.

I.E. The way you phrase your first sentence here, I have no idea what you are saying.

Perhaps it is the snide-ness, if that is what I am reading, that is making it look silly.

A prochaine mon’ami.

Regards
DL

[/quote]
My main point was that those list of factors I had in the original post all affect our potency. IOW not just our will is a factor. Poverty, disabilities, being a hated minority in a military regime, being a girl in a society where they are denied access to education, having been repeatedly raped by one’s father - as some factors that are not will that affect our potency, our ability to make the changes we want. Now I am not saying that anyone in these categories cannot makes changes or be to some degree potent, just that Iambiguous’ original generalization becomes abusive if taken as a real rule in reality.

This makes it sound like power is purely a will issue. Impotence, means, lacking the power to…something. I think people feel impotent not simply due to the strength of their will, but also because of factors around them and what they have experienced. A boy in a culture where women are denied education only needs so much will to get a college degree. A girl would need something incredible in terms of will.

I wish people would say when English is their second (or fifth) language. It can explain a lot of what seems like WILLFULLY (ha, ha) ignoring certain points, or creating strawmen, etc.

My main point was that those list of factors I had in the original post all affect our potency. IOW not just our will is a factor. Poverty, disabilities, being a hated minority in a military regime, being a girl in a society where they are denied access to education, having been repeatedly raped by one’s father - as some factors that are not will that affect our potency, our ability to make the changes we want. Now I am not saying that anyone in these categories cannot makes changes or be to some degree potent, just that Iambiguous’ original generalization becomes abusive if taken as a real rule in reality.

This makes it sound like power is purely a will issue. Impotence, means, lacking the power to…something. I think people feel impotent not simply due to the strength of their will, but also because of factors around them and what they have experienced. A boy in a culture where women are denied education only needs so much will to get a college degree. A girl would need something incredible in terms of will.

I wish people would say when English is their second (or fifth) language. It can explain a lot of what seems like WILLFULLY (ha, ha) ignoring certain points, or creating strawmen, etc.
[/quote]
Thanks for this.

Your complaint was that I ignored a question but it looks like you just did not like that I ignored a point because you did not put a question.

Whose English is off?

Note the question mark. Your reply has none.

Regardless, if this was it, ----- “Potency, the ability to make change is dependent on a whole lot of things. Unless you believe in magic, but even then, does Iambiguous or you for that matter, have the kinds of magical powers that give everyone with the same will the same potency?” -----

It is a foolish question whose answer you should have gleaned, but no, I do not do magic but cannot answer for anyone else.

Regards
DL

That was not my complaint.
I said…

Note ‘point I made’ not ‘question I asked’.

Right because I made a point, in response to what you asked. And so I repeated the point. You did not respond to the point, you responded to the minor issue at the end that, yes, did have a question mark.

I repeated the point again above, not in question form, since it was a point, a statement, in reponse to your question - ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.ph … #p2692936- , in different language, since it was not clear to you.

I have mentioned now a few times other factors beyond will that affect one’s potency. I have explained part of why I think Iamb’s statement is misleading at the very least. I did this in response to your question. You focused on one thing I wrote and wondered why you did not respond to the main point. The question begins with ‘unless’, which means that if it not the case (that you believe in magic) I see no other possible way to consider will the only factor.

Here’s how I have worded the main point, which is a criticism of Iamb’s sentence.

First wording…

SEcond wording…

Iamb says:In any day and age the extent to which folks are impotent revolves by and large around the extent to which they believe that they are

It’s a kind of reaganism, a thatcherism, where it is as if we all have the same opportunities since it is a will issue. The upper class Chilean who tells the, let’s say native american minority person that the reason they have money and the other does not is because of will. And the feelings of impotency are really mainly or only about how hard you try. Iamb doesn’t really believe this, I think, given that for most of his life he has been a lefty liberal, so I thought it was strange he said this. I don’t think it holds even right wing perspectives, though certain new age perspectives have blamed people for their own problems and feelings, isolating them from the wider context.

Thanks for this.

Regards
DL