Are governments just protection rackets for the 1%?

That is what is required,

The rich seem reluctant to do the right that right thing and the rest of us do not have the balls to make them do it.

There are not enough French for the French type revolution we need.

Regards
DL

For the most part I agree with this.
People are very selfish, greedy and gluttonous, especially government and the corporations and cults behind them, sometimes even to their own detriment, not just the ones they oppress.
I still vote for alt parties, like the NDP and Greens in Canada, in the hopes that if they actually got in for a change, maybe things would change a little for the better.
Sadly they’ll probably never get in, or by the time they do, they’ll’ve been completely corrupted, because the people are mostly ignorant, stupid, and only ever vote the way the talking heads tell them to.

I think humanity will in all likelihood either destroy itself by consuming much-most of the environment it depends on, or in nuclear war over these diminishing resources: gas, oil, uranium, arable land, water, or at least it’ll destroy civilization as we know it, plunging us into a new dark age it might take centuries or millennia to recover from, if we ever do.

In all likelihood, there won’t be a revolution against the establishment, their power is too deeply entrenched.
If anyone/thing survives the coming economic and ecological collapse, which’ll probably happen before the end of this century, it’ll be small, divergent groups and individuals who know how to survive tough times. Most, if not all people are going to die.
In spite of the internet and the greater access to alt media it affords, most of it has shilled out for the likes of Donald Trump, most of it was probably made up of shills to begin with, controlled opps.
People were probably much more ripe for revolution in the early 20th century than they are now in the early 21st.

Really?

Those words make sense.

The will drives the actions taken. Right?

Regards
DL

I hope your last is wrong.

If people, as they get smarter and better educated, should want to move progress more.

That is why universities in non-western countries, like China, try to control the curriculum.

China fears the revolution that education and knowledge bring.

Perhaps that is also why the U.S. is dumbing down it’s people.

youtube.com/watch?v=JVqMAlgAnlo&app=desktop

Regards
DL

One’s will, one’s knowledge, one’s network of people (especially if one has powerful allies), ones ability/disability, one’s class, one’s group, the type of society one lives in - say, if you live in Burma and are Muslim or you are Christian and live in Chicago - one’s health, one’s family - one could speak up against the autocratic regime, but the death patrols might grab your kids along with you. Potency, the ability to make change is dependent on a whole lot of things. Unless you believe in magic, but even then, does Iambiguous or you for that matter, have the kinds of magical powers that give everyone with the same will the same potency?

The so called educated have no will to fight, they’re all about thrifty consumerism and how to decorate the exteriors or interiors of their homes out competing their neighbors. The so called educated are full of the worst kind of decadent cretins. They’re all about the status quo and conformity under authority because they worship financial security to such a degree they’ll ruthlessly attack anybody to achieve it and destroy any group of people to acquire it. There is no faith in the so called educated segments of society since for the most part they’re enablers of the problems to begin with entirely being compartmentalized.

The only group of people that has any will to fight left is the lower classes of malcontents but this is problematic because most are either severely uneducated or ignorant and because many of them are susceptible in being co-opted by the upper echelons of society that seeks to keep them divided politically. The best that can be hoped for is a tiny educated and aware portion of the lower classes to fight back but once again what is problematic with that is there are so few of us scattered around the world. It would take a real banner to unite behind all around the world.

No, death and execution is the only solution to the problem. There is nothing beyond that will fix our global systemic problems.

This is why human beings need a strong and ruthless form of government organization that will for the most part restrain all egotistical-individualist manifestations of human nature utilizing such energies into something progressively collectivist where all benefit. If you leave individual human beings to their own devices they’ll eventually ruin any society, it takes an enlightened hand to whip them into shape for something much better otherwise human nature delves into unorganized chaos.

Bring back the dictatorship of the philosopher king.

I was speaking of powers of the will, not supernatural garbage.

I only have the power of my words.

Regards
DL

Yet the educated and intelligentsia, with the help of both the dumb and bright create revolutions.

Was it the less intelligent, for instance, that caused the rebellion of the Northern States against the slavery loving Southern States, or was it an intelligent President and moral people of the U.S.?

Regards
DL

If murder is your only solution to problems ------

Regards
DL

It has worked for thousands of years plus and counting…

:laughing-rolling:

As far as I am concerned the founders of the United States were a bunch of conspiring Freemasons, but anyways…

You got my point and your nervous laughter proves it.

Regards
DL

Nope, not even close.

As so, in response to the main point I made in that post, you think…?
(I made a point and just in case included a way to cover a possible exception. You focused on this one piece and not the rest)

In areas of language or misunderstandings, I hide behind being French.

I did not like my understanding of what you put initially and did the safe thing.

Set you question separately and perhaps I can give you what you want. Brief and clear is always best.

I.E. The way you phrase your first sentence here, I have no idea what you are saying.

Perhaps it is the snide-ness, if that is what I am reading, that is making it look silly.

A prochaine mon’ami.

Regards
DL