In Defense of a Nation

James,

Your list would be much longer if you made it rather than Forbes…ya know? I mean…no Whoopi Goldberg :question: :evilfun:

James S Saint:

[/quote]
K: and 45 should be despised by these people and more…45 is on pace to become
the worst president in American history… even worse then George Bush Jr. who up to now
has been the worst president in history…

Kropotkin

By “media personalities”, that is not restricted to major network, primetime media personalities.

We are not in an age when “major network, primetime media personalities” are where people get their information from as well.

TY Mr. Kropotkin

It was just the most influential 25 out of hundreds of the haters.

There is no argumentum ad populum argument to defend against here.

Finally, some of the leftie media personalities are starting to condemn ANTIFA and that is a siding with Trump’s assessment of the Charlottesville riot that both sides had bad people in their ranks. Finally, the left has no choice but to side with sanity. ANTIFA fascism to kill the first amendment’s free speech and peaceful assembly are now becoming the new targets of the media. The Altleft has big problems with their rampant physical violence and destruction of property.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zcVtXoQ64A[/youtube]
MSNBC…the rebels… :laughing:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBWQfpVacFk[/youtube]
Fox News “people completely misinformed” that describes the left

Ah, some good ole whataboutism. Excellent display of confirming the emotionalism I speak of in the OP. Not a reasonable response to deflect to this, but it does make you feel better, yes? Yes. It does. Because whataboutism seems like it is often a defense mechanism.

Companies have outsourced manufacturing to countries where labor is cheaper or moved the entire company there.

Explain why American workers should not be angry about that, how they should plan for it and why they should accept it as an reasonable change to their society.

So they should because the First Amendment protects the right of the media and also protects the right of ANTIFA up until the
point at which they engage in criminal behaviour. Not that they care

That First Amendment protection does seem to be the irony of it in the case of the media cutting off their noses to spite their faces, but on the other hand, if no free speech there will be way less fake news. :evilfun:

Actually, it’s an example of the left’s defense mechanism of falling in line when they no longer can steer their run away train of insanity. The left has no choice but to make concessions at this point or be silent, made silent by the laws protecting the freedoms they wish to eradicate in the nation they wish to dissolve.

Are you a Commie Traitor like Peter as well?

I had a vision…

"
Fellow humans, I believe that you share my modern Western liberal sensibilities of 2017 (which are by now a far cry from 20 even only 10 years ago) and that you would not burst into uncontrollable laughter when my address goes out to you as I tell off those Naaatzees in America what the nation is really about. I can’t wait for America to be freed from the majority of former Americans so it can be filled up with people from different nations and ethnicities.
That’s a core value of America, to not want to be a nation of Americans, that’s just culture, man, as it changes.

Btw. this obviously does not apply to my Chinese listeners, you can obviously keep your nation because I know that saying this kind of nonsense to you would upset you right now. Gotta take baby steps. How about those Tibetans?.. never mind, still not blessed with enough education to prepare you for those reasonable revelations of how your culture is just gonna happen to develop, inevitably.

P.S. 10 years ago I had no idea what would inevitably happen to the whole world. Or to be more precise, at that time I got told, I mean I had a different vision. But this one I currently have, this one is the inevitable, natural way how things gonna play out, promise.

So long, comrades and a happy Kwanza to you bigots too, :stuck_out_tongue:
"

I think that is fair - but then one must wonder who exactly they should direct their anger to, government or corporations or both? Did anyone really not see the inevitability of globalization which began decades ago? I would question the decision of anyone within the past 30 years to attempt a career in manufacturing items that are non-food, why would you risk it? This isn’t a secret that labor is cheaper overseas and will be for some time. Is economic isolationism the way to go? People want their cheap crap from China, the same people that complain about losing our jobs overseas, including Trump, act in ways that cause our jobs to be lost overseas. The success of Walmart from the 80’s and 90’s glares the manufacturing midwest in the eye and exposes their inability to not understand complex geo political issues and their failure to navigate through an ever changing economy.

In a democracy, the elected representatives are accountable to the voters. Beyond supplying a product in exchange for money, a corporation has no other responsibilities. So it would seem that government failed to protect the workers/voters.

The future is difficult to predict. But a large powerful democratic country is not entirely without control and influence so not everything about globalization is “inevitable”.

What if you only have limited choices? Are you going to turn down a job that you need when it is offered to you?

Maybe some degree of protectionism is necessary.

That’s were leadership and vision comes in … knowing what’s really important and valuable - don’t give up jobs in exchange for cheap crap.

Overall, the anger seems understandable and reasonable. If someone comes along and says that he can make it right again, then he’s going to get support. I don’t think that support can be dismissed as just irrational and emotional.

Of course there is some anger that is understandable and reasonable.

But of course, in no way is the anger “Understandable and reasonable” to to the point where it was reasonable and understandable to elect a three ring circus barker, a fake university con man, a huckster of cheap Chinese crap clothing, a blatant deranged angry narcissist, an utterly incompetent buffoon, who boasted about being the best at everything, as a reasonable and understandable means to sate anger for globalization. It is far beyond globalization that caused this, it is an anger of their own stupidity, of their own incompetence, of their own overly proud sentiment, anger rooted in propaganda that has polarized them. You have taken a couple little sentences, and compare it to a few little lines and denigrate only what you think should be denigrated, while forsaking the overall message.

The political system offered the voters a few choices. Hillary was the establishment candidate and a vote for her was a vote for for more of what came previously … IOW the same policies which had already caused jobs to go out of the country. So if ‘jobs’ was your big concern, then Trump was really the only way to vote. Whatever his other failings. Right?

I’m basically saying that one needs to look at this with a bit of compassion for the man and woman who are trying to put a roof over the head and food on the table. When you do that, you can move on from petty fighting … which is what republican versus democrat, conservative versus liberal have become.

Regardless, its not just the election of Trump, it is the continued support based on this type of emotionalism that we even see in this very thread, that continues, that isn’t justified because Trump is not some “establishment” candidate. A billionaire who doesn’t pay people what he owes them, who files bankruptcies while raking in millions on the bankrupt companies, is going to save the little guy. It’s a joke, a con and a result of their own emotionalism. It is a result of their incompetence, the same incompetence that makes them feel disenfranchised by not having a college degree, yet making more than the average person regardless.

Anger isn’t always unjustified. Some people have very good reason to be angry. And anger is a very important and useful emotion, as it enables one to muster the courage and willpower to destroy an enemy and survive.

The white people, “Nazis” you are speaking of, are watching their people get discriminated against and slowly genocided in a nation that is openly hostile to their interests and all of this is enforced at gunpoint of military and police.

They have very good reasons to be angry.

See thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=192812

Perhaps you didn’t read what the anger was based on, you’re arguing past what I state, ignoring what I state, it seems you are what I state.