Leaving Society, Dropping Out, And The Proverbial Rat Race.

No, I’m a realist and I know when I’ve been beat! Not in every situation is there always a way out. Yes, sometimes there are no win scenarios where no level of optimism will change any of that. Still, if I survive to spring I’ll be alright. I have ideas where to get food from. Between now and spring my only concern will be food or water along with shelter.

So, let us have a recap here. I have to survive in a dwelling like this an entire winter.

Come spring the goal is to build a structure like this.

Or this.

Are you for real?

Do you think that I would post a real picture of myself in a thread if I wasn’t for real? :laughing:

Yes, I am. It has come down to this.

It seems rather masochistic, unless you have been forced to flee.

I will ask no more questions, just wish you good luck in your new venture.

I will not say where my location will be for obvious reasons, I will say it is on the outskirts of a small city I grew up in where I’ll have supplies if I need them along with an area to salvage and scavenge any tools or resources I need over a period of time. I am very familiar with the area and landscape so this is a net plus overall.

More like forced and in the coming years as the United States along with the world descends into chaos I won’t be alone for very long doing this. If anything I am going to have a head start on everybody else!

Interesting times. Keep us informed, Otto West/Joker.

Indeed. :wink:

Otto, I didn’t get to see the pic. I never get to have any fun :frowning:

He’s got a real victim complex.

Also Joker, how is long hair cheaper to maintain than a bald head? Wouldn’t it take more shampoo to keep it clean?

Also, I think you’d do a lot better in the Florida Keys. Its nice and warm down there, but rustic and slow paced, and everyone is really easygoing. Easy to catch fish, plenty of cheap beer. Its like you’re not even in America.

If the shit hit the fan, you could tie a bunch of old tires together and defect to Cuba just by floating a little way across the water.

What about Wendy?

:romance-ballandchain: Yah, what about the 'ole ball and chain? :evilfun:

Ball And Chain : Janis Joplin

Otto, in some poorer countries you can live like a king with an average (even below average) American salary. I don’t know your situation, but you should consider that option.

Giving up? Again?

GOOD LUCK !