How to stop using Goolag

Browser: Brave
Search engine: DuckDuckGo
Email: Protonmail

Every person who stops using Goolag (Google) and switches to safer, more trustworthy online services that do not data mine and monitor you, represents lots of profit and influence lost to Goolag. Don’t even doubt your power as one consumer making a concerted effort to boycott a company.

Post your own solutions here.

Thanks. I’ll check these out.

Unfortunately YouTube is still a necessity, but alternatives such as Vimeo will keep growing, and eventually a serious competing alternative to video hosting and sharing will take hold. Once it does, we will flock there en mass, and YouTube will go the way of the dinosaurs.

vimeo.com/227694528

Haha.

Same here, but Brave is a hog and Epic is better, but Epic doesn’t have any history and no means to restore pages on forced reboot due to power outage or device failure. Epic may work for you, but I’m back to Chrome unfortunately. Epic also has its own search engine and integrated vpn + video downloader. Epic is epic, but the security of not losing my work is more important to me.

Steem’s DTube could replace YouTube with our support.

Now how does Duckduckgo block Google’s tracking as an extension on Google?

Brave is a phone app.?

Thanks, I checked into it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URuFzY0rU-Y[/youtube]

Some more Alt Tech/free speech services:

Gab: gab.ai (Twitter alternative)
Minds: minds.com (Facebook alternative)
Vidme: vid.me (another Youtube alternative - like Steem’s Dtube)
Hatreon: hatreon.us (Patreon crowdfunding alternative)
Counter.Fund: counter.fund (intermediary to paypal)

I suggest people research any new services before joining. Who owns them, what info do they collect and how hands-off are they?

PS: The problem I have with all of this is that it’s reinforcing the divide. The people who are going to join the new alt-tech services are primarily going to be on the alt/new/far right. The people who are going to stay on the old tech platforms are primarily going to be alt left/corporate Democrats etc. Both sides will only post material that reflects their biased views and those with opposing views will be drowned out and eventually stop posting. A healthy society needs to hear alternate views.

(Edited to make it clearer.)

Hopefully the new platforms do not stifle people’s freedoms.

I doubt leftist views will be censored on ‘freedom of speech’ platforms. What I meant by ‘forced out’ is that the left will be attacked and drowned out until they just stop posting.

Having said that, I’ve been banned from Reddit’s The_Donald (alt right/pro-Trump Thread) for pointing out the fact that they’re acting exactly the same as the leftist thought police they’re always complaining about. So they banned me. :laughing: The irony is delicious.

I know there are not safe spaces on line for lefties, but they will have their own abandoned platforms to revel in their victimhood. It’s not irony at this point, it’s payback. The left had their say all throughout the media and government who’s in collusion with the democrats and neoconservatives since the beginning of Trump’s campaigning, they silenced anyone with an opposing view and hope to kill the first amendment’s right to free speech…let’s say the oppositional right has had enough.

Have you seen the gofundme to buy twitter and ban Trump? :text-banplz: gofundme.com/buytwitter

At the rate they are going, she should have enough to buy twitter in 300 years, give or take. :techie-hourglass:

At the average of $30 per donation, there are not enough libs in the US to make it. Good thing it’s global; now maybe russia can have an influence :laughing:

The only reason they don’t ban Trump is they know he will go to another service leaving twitter in the shitter.

They will eventually ban Trump from Twitter. They’re just trying to get the culture as much on their side as possible first.

Here is more good analysis of Gulag and why you should switch to an alternate search engine and email:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwggrnlyYGo[/youtube]

Yes, I should switch, but if I intend to get anything done, google is simply faster and easier. If the pc were to fail right now, I could restart and everything I’ve typed here would come right back. Those “private” browsers won’t do that. Leaving google is just too hard and makes no difference because I’m not a paying customer. They don’t give a shit. I say make google a public utility.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyGfOgxii8Q[/youtube]

Try using duckduckgo. It is just as good of a search engine, better even since it does not skew your search results by these weird leftist algorithms.

You would avoid switching from Google to a different but equally good search engine that does not track you or manipulate search results, all because you are worried about your computer crashing? That seems strange.

Forgot to add Voat to the ones above. (They’ve just been fighting off a possible DoS attack)

A Social Network/New Aggregator like Reddit which has a history of banning people and subjects like Pizzagate.

voat.co/

I think Serendipper is getting mixed up between Chrome and Google (search). He likes the way Chrome remembers his tabs and history.