Fat positive

Of all the insane SJW postmodern bullshit, the fat positive stuff is by far the funninest.

“A course entitled “Fat Studies” at Oregon State University argues that “weightism” is a civil rights issue, making it harder for overweight Americans to get ahead.
The course, which will be offered in the spring, will examine “body weight, shape, and size as an area of human difference subject to privilege and discrimination that intersects with other systems of oppression based on gender, race, class, age, sexual orientation, and ability.””

Hahahahaa.

God I can’t even stop laughing.

"The course will be taught by instructor Patti Lou Watkins, who penned an article in European Health Psychologist, which argued that humans can be healthy at any body weight, an endorsement of the widely-panned “Health At Any Size” movement. Body size isn’t a good indicator of health, she argues. To Watkins, even individuals who can be classified as morbidly obese could be healthy.

Watkins also dismissed the effectiveness in dieting. “The validity of HAES is supported by research over the past decade that reveals the continued ineffectiveness of dieting interventions targeting weight loss along with the potential for harm associated with these strategies,” she writes. Surely, thousands of Americans who have lost weight and lowered their risk for certain medical conditions beg to differ with Watkin’s argument.

“I grew to embrace feminist pedagogy in terms of course content as well as classroom practices,” Watkins explains. “My course now frames body image disturbances more as a function of oppressive societal structures than of individual pathology.”

Oddly enough, Watkin’s is not the only class at Oregon State University on “fatphobia.” Another course, entitled “Women, Weight, and Body Image,” exams “weightism” through the intersectionality lens. This means that individuals who are both overweight and a member of another minority group (female, Black, Hispanic, LGBTQ, etc.) are subjected to a system of oppression directed both at their body size and their minority status."
breitbart.com/tech/2017/08/1 … hts-issue/

Cheers.

“Where are all the gigantic 70 year olds? They’re nowhere, they’re dead.”

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp7sQ1KsBpE[/youtube]

“You’re not fat, you’re dying.”

Notice no obese or morbidly obese mentions

The top image does not account for BMI 25-26 as overweight.

There is something positive to be said about having a moderate amount of fat.

So pretty much the entire population of planet earth opposed to straight white males… the “oppressed” have some very impressive numbers.

No… ha.
This is it. How I stopped worrying and learned to love Liberalism.
Next step: battle fat-phobia in the airforce.

The worst enemy is of course trans-/fatphobia.

Did you know there is a really hurtful bias in sports vs fats?

Transfatphobicracism is the new social justice frontier.

Yes, the institutional discrimination against fats in triathlons is really a problem. Cmon everyone, stop the hate.

It’s the current year! Allow fats in triathalons! #stopthehate

Well they could have a fat division just like there are C divisions and D divisions in race cars, for the more easy going.

I kno rite! FFS capitalism is patriarchy and greedy hate!

Why can’t we just, like, all understand one another?

#Fats4Triathalons. Get it trending.

Im not a shitlib nor am I a cuckservative. I’d like to think I am a rational person, a beacon of light amidst a sea of chaos.

Well you aren’t. Just to let you know.

Please provide evidence.

And don’t send quotes of some of my older, more flamboyant posts. I was going through hard times, and some serious emotional turmoil, and I needed to vent.

Most people don’t even want to discuss a majority of health problems in modern society as too many inconvenient realities would be let loose into the public. No, instead we’re just left ridiculing and joking instead of actually addressing health problems head on as it is far easier to do. There is also a variety of psychological social interactions at play here which is another subject ignored by the majority of the general public.

Fat women are gross, and the men who stick with them have low self esteem and feel like they can’t do any better. Any normal dude would cheat on a fat girl if a hot girl threw the vagina at him.

Like when you see a couple and the girl is fat, you know there’s more to the story than him wanting to be with her because he thinks she’s attractive. Fat girls aren’t attractive. So look close…you’ll see. Maybe he has bad teeth. Maybe he’s poor. Maybe they both have herpes and are too embarassed so they just stay together then she got fat. Maybe they’re “mental health” types who are always needing each other for emotional support and tbey swap up between being the victim and saving one another because they’re unable to support themselves alone until a skinny girl comes along.

Like if a person can honestly say, “I wouldn’t know what to do without my significant other”, then they need to leave the relationship and work on themselves.

Haha, well said.

Like I said in the transgender thread if you are a mentally competent adult you can do whatever you want to your body. And that applies just as equally
to being fat as to anything else. But it is not fatphobic to state that being over weight can lead to an increased chance of diabetes and heart attack and
a general reduction in health both in terms of quantity and quality. Neither is fatphobia the equivalent of racism or misogyny or homophobia as one can
not change their skin colour or biological gender or sexual orientation but can change their weight if they want to. But this is for fat people them selves
to decide not me. Because how fat someone is is none of my business