Who is threatened by racism mostly?

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Moderator: Uccisore

Who is threatened by racism mostly?

Non-White, old, male people.
0
No votes
Non-White, old, female people.
0
No votes
Non-White, young, male people.
1
20%
Non-White, young, female people.
0
No votes
White, old, male people.
0
No votes
White, old, female people.
0
No votes
White, young, male people.
4
80%
White, young, female people.
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 5

Who is threatened by racism mostly?

Postby Arminius » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:33 am

    AND:

    What do you think about the fact that certain people are threatened by racism?

    For example:

    Is it just because of the envy of certain racists?
    Is it just because of the poorness of certain racists?
    Is it just because of the weakness of certain racists?
    Is it just because of the wealthy of certain people?
    Is it just because of the lobbyism of certain people?
    Is it just because of the power of certain people?
    So: Is it just because of inequality (although equality will never exist) ?

    :?: Image :?:

    Or: ....

    What is it?
    Image
    User avatar
    Arminius
    ILP Legend
     
    Posts: 5213
    Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
    Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

    Re: Who is threatened by racism mostly?

    Postby humunculus » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:06 am

    What is the question, mostly?
    humunculus
     
    Posts: 429
    Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:01 am

    Re: Who is threatened by racism mostly?

    Postby Arminius » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:12 am

    What is your point, mostly?
    Image
    User avatar
    Arminius
    ILP Legend
     
    Posts: 5213
    Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
    Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

    Re: Who is threatened by racism mostly?

    Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:18 pm

    Arminius

    What do you think about the fact that certain people are threatened by racism?


    I don't think that in the long run it can be good for our survival as human beings but only time will tell that.
    I do think, sadly enough, that in a sense it is a natural occurrence in nature, human nature. or I wonder if it could actually exist otherwise.
    Dog eat dog, the survival of the fittest, the so-called weak being over-powered by the so-called strong.


    For example:

    Is it just because of the envy of certain racists?
    Is it just because of the poorness of certain racists?
    Is it just because of the weakness of certain racists?
    Is it just because of the wealthy of certain people?
    Is it just because of the lobbyism of certain people?
    Is it just because of the power of certain people?
    So: Is it just because of inequality (although equality will never exist) ?


    I would say that it could be all of the above for certain people, depending on the individual.
    For some it would be about fear, for others greed, for others jealousy, for others a lack of knowledge and understanding about who certain people are.
    For others, I can see it also as pure narcissism ~~ God forbid that others should exist, who do not look like us, act like us, think like us, dress like us, worship like us.
    After all, we are the superior race, above all other races.



    What is it?


    How would You define it?



    Who is threatened by racism?

    Oh, I would probably say foremost those who in the present moment are targeted with hate and violence.

    Also, those who know and understand just how inhumane and animal like human beings can be toward each other. Perhaps threatened here may not be the right word to use but then again maybe it is.
    What word would you use to describe the above people, Arminius?
    Perhaps vigilant would work.

    Any conscious aware person can be threatened by it, realizing how destructive it can be and how in a single moment after a process, rage and hate and tempers can flare up and before one even realizes it, there can be so many who can die, there can be such pain and loss.

    We may not all feel threatened by racism because some of us do not observe or think about it much, many of us, we do not care much about what is going on around us, unless it touches us and our neck of the woods, we do not know our dark history, and could care less, we do not know and understand the darkness which is in us and is capable of repeating that dark history.
    SAPERE AUDE!


    If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.


    What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

    Thomas Nagel


    I learn as I write!
    User avatar
    Arcturus Descending
    Consciousness Seeker
     
    Posts: 14649
    Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
    Location: A snowy dark luminous landscape bathed in solitude

    Re: Who is threatened by racism mostly?

    Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:26 pm

    blacks are threatened by racism the most. this is because, racism convolutes and construes constructive critiques.

    because the abuse they have suffered from racists in the past, they conflate constructive criticism for racism. anyone who points out flaws in black culture is deemed onto the boat of "evil racists". and because of this, blacks never feel the onus to improve their own culture.
    building a better future
    User avatar
    Ultimate Philosophy 1001
    the Grandmother.
     
    Posts: 7984
    Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

    Re: Who is threatened by racism mostly?

    Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:07 pm

    Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:blacks are threatened by racism the most. this is because, racism convolutes and construes constructive critiques.

    because the abuse they have suffered from racists in the past, they conflate constructive criticism for racism. anyone who points out flaws in black culture is deemed onto the boat of "evil racists". and because of this, blacks never feel the onus to improve their own culture.


    There is a great chasm between constructive criticism, Trixie, and down-right racism.

    I'm not saying that there can't be any observable truth in what you say but let's face it, many of us cannot accept constructive criticism always.
    And why is that do you think? What is it within us that makes us uncomfortable with that?

    But I might ask you to explain or give an example of your first statement.
    SAPERE AUDE!


    If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.


    What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

    Thomas Nagel


    I learn as I write!
    User avatar
    Arcturus Descending
    Consciousness Seeker
     
    Posts: 14649
    Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
    Location: A snowy dark luminous landscape bathed in solitude

    Re: Who is threatened by racism mostly?

    Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:10 pm

    Arcturus Descending wrote:
    Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:blacks are threatened by racism the most. this is because, racism convolutes and construes constructive critiques.

    because the abuse they have suffered from racists in the past, they conflate constructive criticism for racism. anyone who points out flaws in black culture is deemed onto the boat of "evil racists". and because of this, blacks never feel the onus to improve their own culture.


    There is a great chasm between constructive criticism, Trixie, and down-right racism.

    I'm not saying that there can't be any observable truth in what you say but let's face it, many of us cannot accept constructive criticism always.
    And why is that do you think? What is it within us that makes us uncomfortable with that?

    But I might ask you to explain or give an example of your first statement.


    being half black and half white it would sufice to say that i am both a liazon and arbiter of both entities, first of all i rather enjoy white fantasy medieval movies quite dearly and it disrupts the atmosphere to have black rap music being thrown in at the end credits, suffice to say blacks need a firm slap on the wrist and told to respect certain cultures, and that such music has no place in higher quality films until blacks buck and decide to improve their own culture and create works approaching the quality of classical music. but of course, anyone who says that rap music disrupts higher films of mystical evanescence, is told to shut up because its politically incorrect to say.
    building a better future
    User avatar
    Ultimate Philosophy 1001
    the Grandmother.
     
    Posts: 7984
    Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

    Re: Who is threatened by racism mostly?

    Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:24 pm

    being half black and half white


    Sometimes that combination makes for even more beauty.

    first of all i rather enjoy white fantasy medieval movies quite dearly


    Are you being facetious here?

    and it disrupts the atmosphere to have black rap music being thrown in at the end credits,

    Again, are you being facetious here?
    I don't know of any black rap music at the end of white fantasy medieval movies lol but that doesn't mean that there isn't any. Is there? lol :oops:

    I don't particular like rap, or maybe ghetto rap. I am basically a slow and smooth jazz and classical kind of person, along with rock and pop. Ghetto rap is just not my personal preference. But if the rap is intelligent and the words have meaning for me, then I like it.

    On the other hand, when thinking about it, it does pertain to another culture. Perhaps not one that we have lived and experienced and so that is why we cannot get into it. Nevertheless, I don't like violence or graphic words of raw sex but to each his own.
    You know, unless we can walk a mile in my neighbor's moccasins....

    suffice to say blacks need a firm slap on the wrist and told to respect certain cultures,

    Being facetious again? I can only really think that you may be.
    I think that we all need to learn to accept certain cultures and maybe even enriched by them if we can be. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all.

    and that such music has no place in higher quality films until blacks buck and decide to improve their own culture and create works approaching the quality of classical music. but of course, anyone who says that rap music disrupts higher films of mystical evanescence, is told to shut up because its politically incorrect to say.


    Not unless it actually does have its place.
    You can probably say that about any music in any movie. Usually they just get it right. So awesome, beautiful and inspiring.
    I don't know how these writers, musicians who write the music for movies do it but I so admire them.
    SAPERE AUDE!


    If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.


    What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

    Thomas Nagel


    I learn as I write!
    User avatar
    Arcturus Descending
    Consciousness Seeker
     
    Posts: 14649
    Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
    Location: A snowy dark luminous landscape bathed in solitude

    Re: Who is threatened by racism mostly?

    Postby MagsJ » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:36 pm

    :shock:
    Image
    User avatar
    MagsJ
    The Londonist
     
    Posts: 16820
    Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
    Location: London, NC1

    Re: Who is threatened by racism mostly?

    Postby Otto_West » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:43 pm

    Racism exists in all cultures, here in the west it means the inability of white European people to have a distinct identity of their own.
    Your entire world of fantasy and make believe is doomed, have a nice day.
    User avatar
    Otto_West
    Doom Pornographer
     
    Posts: 705
    Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
    Location: Dumbfuckistan- Will Work For (FRN) Shekels.

    Re: Who is threatened by racism mostly?

    Postby MagsJ » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:05 pm

    Otto_West wrote:Racism exists in all cultures, here in the west it means the inability of white European people to have a distinct identity of their own.

    Europe is exacerbating the situation... open borders. and all that. :icon-rolleyes:

    Who is threatened by racism? everyone. to some extent, but I do think (from my experiences) that it's more a thing between certain types of males than between females, as females would simply come across as jealous bitches.. which is a very unattractive quality to have.. and therefore an undesirable one to exhibit or possess.
    Image
    User avatar
    MagsJ
    The Londonist
     
    Posts: 16820
    Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
    Location: London, NC1

    Re: Who is threatened by racism mostly?

    Postby Otto_West » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:42 pm

    MagsJ wrote:
    Otto_West wrote:Racism exists in all cultures, here in the west it means the inability of white European people to have a distinct identity of their own.

    Europe is exacerbating the situation... open borders. and all that. :icon-rolleyes:

    Who is threatened by racism? everyone. to some extent, but I do think (from my experiences) that it's more a thing between certain types of males than between females, as females would simply come across as jealous bitches.. which is a very unattractive quality to have.. and therefore an undesirable one to exhibit or possess.

    It's in Europe and any nation where there was once a majority European population.

    Here in the United States they're trying to say Donald Trump's merit immigration plan is racist where in my mind his plan on limiting immigration is mild and not extreme enough. Just to limit immigration you get called a racist!

    I will say this though that foreigners and anybody else will eventually face the day when Europeans (white people) have had enough to which more than likely violent rebellions will take precedence becoming commonplace. You cannot annihilate and doom entire race into oblivion followed by calling them racist for expressing discontent expecting them to sit idly back by doing nothing. This will not work overtime and these tactics over a period of time will not be successful.
    Your entire world of fantasy and make believe is doomed, have a nice day.
    User avatar
    Otto_West
    Doom Pornographer
     
    Posts: 705
    Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
    Location: Dumbfuckistan- Will Work For (FRN) Shekels.

    Re: Who is threatened by racism mostly?

    Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:17 pm

    Arcturus Descending wrote:
    being half black and half white


    Sometimes that combination makes for even more beauty.

    Thankyou, I am glad someone appreciates someone who has the best beauty of both worlds.

    first of all i rather enjoy white fantasy medieval movies quite dearly



    Are you being facetious here?


    That hurts, that you question my loyalty to white fantasy culture. I love princess movies, movies of magic and movies with medieval knights.

    and it disrupts the atmosphere to have black rap music being thrown in at the end credits,

    Again, are you being facetious here?
    I don't know of any black rap music at the end of white fantasy medieval movies lol but that doesn't mean that there isn't any. Is there? lol :oops:

    I'm not a super-expert of rap, I just mean that shitty pop music like that they play at the end which has some inner-city singer in autotune.

    I don't particular like rap, or maybe ghetto rap. I am basically a slow and smooth jazz and classical kind of person, along with rock and pop. Ghetto rap is just not my personal preference. But if the rap is intelligent and the words have meaning for me, then I like it.

    my favorite rap is rap by white trash, or blacks who have a political message, other than that I can't stand the stuff.

    On the other hand, when thinking about it, it does pertain to another culture. Perhaps not one that we have lived and experienced and so that is why we cannot get into it. Nevertheless, I don't like violence or graphic words of raw sex but to each his own.
    You know, unless we can walk a mile in my neighbor's moccasins....

    As obnoxious as I am I'd like to think I am a higher-class of deviant, to be honest the violence graphic words and raw sex of the common rap artist is much too distasteful for me as well. To tell the truth I would always dread playing basketball because the males were so aggressive and rude to each other.
    suffice to say blacks need a firm slap on the wrist and told to respect certain cultures,

    Being facetious again? I can only really think that you may be.
    I think that we all need to learn to accept certain cultures and maybe even enriched by them if we can be. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all.

    I am quite serious in that I ought to be lord of africa and mayor of detroit, I will force the blacks to have higher taste in culture and I will not accept mediocrity as our standards. As a half-white half-black I was exiled from my homeland, africa many thousands of years ago and it is my destiny to rule.

    Not unless it actually does have its place.
    You can probably say that about any music in any movie. Usually they just get it right. So awesome, beautiful and inspiring.
    I don't know how these writers, musicians who write the music for movies do it but I so admire them.


    Yes but the problem is, the whole movie has beautiful music and then they have to play shitty pop music at the end its very, very, disheartening.
    building a better future
    User avatar
    Ultimate Philosophy 1001
    the Grandmother.
     
    Posts: 7984
    Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

    Re: Who is threatened by racism mostly?

    Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:19 pm

    Otto_West wrote:It's in Europe and any nation where there was once a majority European population.

    Here in the United States they're trying to say Donald Trump's merit immigration plan is racist where in my mind his plan on limiting immigration is mild and not extreme enough. Just to limit immigration you get called a racist!

    I will say this though that foreigners and anybody else will eventually face the day when Europeans (white people) have had enough to which more than likely violent rebellions will take precedence becoming commonplace. You cannot annihilate and doom entire race into oblivion followed by calling them racist for expressing discontent expecting them to sit idly back by doing nothing. This will not work overtime and these tactics over a period of time will not be successful.


    My problem with trump is not that he is banning muslims, but that he is not banning the christian religion and jew religion as well.
    building a better future
    User avatar
    Ultimate Philosophy 1001
    the Grandmother.
     
    Posts: 7984
    Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm


    Return to Society, Government, and Economics



    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users