Why u.s. does not have health care

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Moderator: Uccisore

Re: Why u.s. does not have health care

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:00 am

This same guy called me the other night and said one of his employees fell down on the job, so I went to the ER and beat the ambulance there. I was in there with this dude who's head was bleeding for like 3 hours. They wiped the blood off, did some blood work, ran a ct scan to check for a concussion, shot his head full of lidocaine, and put 8 staples in it and sent him on his way. I took a bunch of pictures and witnessed the whole thing, and went to fill out the workmans comp forms rhe next day. Then the day after that he got the bill. With the ambulance that he took 2 miles down the road, and the ER visit, the bill was $18500.00. The guy didn't even see a real doctor. Some nurse practitioner just stapled his head.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24443
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Why u.s. does not have health care

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:03 am

Really nice hospital though. They had bottles of water and snacks, and the ER wasn't crowded at all. I think I may go to a chiropractor there. Need to make an appointment. For 35 bucks its nice to get your back cracked after years of crashing motorcycles and shit. Glad I got that insurance.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24443
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Why u.s. does not have health care

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:46 am

MR.,
:( It was silly for me to ask if you were operating above board, my mistake.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 5665
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Why u.s. does not have health care

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:37 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:This same guy called me the other night and said one of his employees fell down on the job, so I went to the ER and beat the ambulance there. I was in there with this dude who's head was bleeding for like 3 hours. They wiped the blood off, did some blood work, ran a ct scan to check for a concussion, shot his head full of lidocaine, and put 8 staples in it and sent him on his way. I took a bunch of pictures and witnessed the whole thing, and went to fill out the workmans comp forms rhe next day. Then the day after that he got the bill. With the ambulance that he took 2 miles down the road, and the ER visit, the bill was $18500.00. The guy didn't even see a real doctor. Some nurse practitioner just stapled his head.

You basically proved my point.
Urwrongx1000
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Why u.s. does not have health care

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:00 pm

Urwrong, if you want insurance, why not use your amazing powers of debate to convince someone to give it to you? Or do something to earn it? Do you currently produce something that is worth more than it would cost for you to be insured?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24443
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Why u.s. does not have health care

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:00 pm

WendyDarling wrote:MR.,
:( It was silly for me to ask if you were operating above board, my mistake.



What do you mean?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24443
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Why u.s. does not have health care

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:04 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:Urwrong, if you want insurance, why not use your amazing powers of debate to convince someone to give it to you? Or do something to earn it? Do you currently produce something that is worth more than it would cost for you to be insured?

I'm on Obamacare for $1 a month, for now.
Urwrongx1000
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Why u.s. does not have health care

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:07 pm

Then you aren't contributing to your society. A guy smart enough to post on a philosophy board, who isn't disabled or elderly should be ashamed of that.

Are you disabled? Elderly? If not...do you feel ashamed of accepting that charity?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24443
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Why u.s. does not have health care

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:14 pm

I've probably contributed more to this country than most people, and definitely more than you have.

I never chased a six digit salary, but easily could have out of high school. I could be a lawyer, scientist, engineer, architect, just about anything. I chose philosophy instead, which is not a money maker. Just because I don't chase dollar bills, like you, doesn't mean we are comparable because we aren't. Does your bank account define you? Probably. You have fun with that. It's not my lifestyle.

I could retire on $50,000 and live out the rest of my life comfortably and peacefully.
Urwrongx1000
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Why u.s. does not have health care

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:24 pm

I got a philosophy degree. So what's your point?

If you think you can live your life on 50 grand, then that's the problem. If you fall down the stairs 2.5 times, then you'd become a charity case. Shameful.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24443
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Why u.s. does not have health care

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Degrees don't mean anything other than we are foolish enough to be duped by this system that promotes its $50k certificates.

May as well be blank pieces of paper. Just because you have a degree, 1) doesn't mean you're good at philosophy, and 2) doesn't even mean you're a philosopher. To be a philosopher you have to do philosophy. And that's where it really begins. Do you even know that philosophy started the "Academy". That's where the word comes from. So philosophy actually precedes colleges and universities. Do you know what a "university" is? It has catholic-christian origins, referring to where ancient christian monks could study and practice literacy in peace and without interruptions.

For claiming interest in philosophy, how much do you even know about it, Mr. Reasonable? Where is your participation, as of late? What threads and ideas have you "progressed" during the last 4 weeks, anything? What's on your mind, beyond the superficial? Which wisdom have you produced, for others here, that they would appreciate you for?

Have you provoked any thoughts as of late, in others and yourself?


When I was young, I did not yet know the name for my interests and identity. It wasn't until later in my 20s that, historically, I am a "philosopher" because it comes natural to me and has always dominated my focus. Always been interested in questions and answers that are out of reach for the vast majority of others. I enjoy to challenge people, provoke, prod, test, combat. I like to find interesting people with interesting ideas, and to see how confident, how doubtless they are with those ideas.

So basically I wonder, what kind of wisdom do you sit upon? Sure you have a pile of cash stashed away in a bank account. That's not the type of wealth I'm looking for. Perhaps you're not looking for that either.
Urwrongx1000
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Why u.s. does not have health care

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:01 pm

I'm provoking thoughts in you right now. And yeah, there's a lot of morons with degrees, but most people with them aren't. I can understand why you have disdain for them if you don't have one.

What measure should we use to determine who's good at philosophy? Should it be based on ability to memorize? Or ability to implement?

Jargon whores are a done a dozen. People who employ thier minds to accomplish their goals aren't.

So you believe that completing a degree makes a person less intelligent? Less informed?

I was reading Nietzsche and Confuscious in high school. Made my way through 26 undergraduate philosophy courses, and worked in the department under various titles for 5 years.

What did I learn? I learned the difference between a truth seeker and a person who wants to win arguments. And I learned that you can't really do philosophy with people who's limitations of background preclude them from proper discourse.

There's a big difference between doing philosophy and learning to construct arguments that validate your bias.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24443
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Why u.s. does not have health care

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:06 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:I'm provoking thoughts in you right now. And yeah, there's a lot of morons with degrees, but most people with them aren't. I can understand why you have disdain for them if you don't have one.

What measure should we use to determine who's good at philosophy? Should it be based on ability to memorize? Or ability to implement?

Jargon whores are a done a dozen. People who employ thier minds to accomplish their goals aren't.

So you believe that completing a degree makes a person less intelligent? Less informed?

I didn't imply that.

But there's a huge difference between people who "use the system" to validate their interests, habits, and desires than those who don't require or even want the system's approval. It's like the difference between being an "approved" doctor, versus a doctor who operates from the back-alleyways. There are the "approved" methods of society, versus the disapproved.

For a superior philosophy, I believe that you need both approaches, the legitimate and the illegitimate. The "safe" way and the unsafe. Academia and sophistry is the first, the "safe" way to approach philosophy. It is not the back-alleyway. It is not the shady business. There is no "good philosophy" without bad/evil philosophy.


Mr Reasonable wrote:I was reading Nietzsche and Confuscious in high school. Made my way through 26 undergraduate philosophy courses, and worked in the department under various titles for 5 years.

What did I learn? I learned the difference between a truth seeker and a person who wants to win arguments. And I learned that you can't really do philosophy with people who's limitations of background preclude them from proper discourse.

There's a big difference between doing philosophy and learning to construct arguments that validate your bias.

I agree.

I think 'superior' philosophy occurs when people confront their own biases and understand where and why they come from.
Urwrongx1000
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Why u.s. does not have health care

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:24 pm

Don't get trapped in binary distinctions, and don't assume that people fit the mold of your viewpoint of how they must be.

If you think that you're worse off as a philosopher for getting a degree in it, then I have to disagree.

Is it that you're afraid it might not be as easy as talking out of your ass?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24443
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Why u.s. does not have health care

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:29 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:Don't get trapped in binary distinctions, and don't assume that people fit the mold of your viewpoint of how they must be.

If you think that you're worse off as a philosopher for getting a degree in it, then I have to disagree.

Is it that you're afraid it might not be as easy as talking out of your ass?

Sounds like that's more your problem than mine. I've always been really, really good with logic. Logical arguments and rationality comes easy to me. People say all kinds of stupid shit that is blatantly, flatly false. Sometimes they know and realize it but most times not. Average people aren't very good in handling ideas and complex thoughts. It becomes more difficult to keep everything aligned.

Build a superior idea, constructing better thoughts, it's like building a skyscraper. If you're shit then it's just going to fall over, collapse, and get a bunch of people killed.


You can call it "talking out of your ass", but that just signifies that you haven't built very high before. Anybody can build a shack, anybody can shit-talk. Few to none can build skyscrapers.

Who people call "famous philosophers" are the ones who built the skyscrapers and the monuments that everybody remembers.
Urwrongx1000
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Why u.s. does not have health care

Postby Arminius » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:06 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:U.s. is a heterogeneous country, which means, that there are immigrants, people, and ethnic groups from everywhere. There are many different races and everybody of every kind. Because of this fact, people are not going to agree on much. And people do not feel familiar with each other. This eventually grows into distrust, strangeness, and disdain. People don't know each other. Everybody is strangers. And even tribal loyalty and familiarity is undermined, by western liberalism. For example, white people are taught "white guilt" and males are shamed into submission. You are not supposed to be proud of your own kind, unless you're a minority, non-white. This allows minority groups and foreign, non-white people some degree of flexibility that white people in the u.s. do not have.

Familiarity is important in a society, representing Homogeneity, because when you are a family, you care for the health of the members.

Let me repeat that for those who are hard of hearing, hard of reading, and hard of learning...

When you are a family, you care for the health of the members.

Because u.s. has an anti-familial society, people do not think of each-other, or view strangers, as "Part of my family". Liberalism goes further, supporting divorces, "non-traditional marriages", homosexuality, and other values that undermine familial loyalty. So on top of a nation of "rainbow people" there is a culture of liberalism, which pushes everything into the direction of Anti-Family.

So it's no wonder that u.s. cannot agree on, and half do not support, a national healthcare system. People don't care about each other's lives ("Individualism"). Why should a complete stranger care about another complete stranger, when there is nothing familiar about him/her, and that the cost of healthcare cannot support everybody? So one person thinks that it's better off somebody else dies from lack of healthcare, improving the chance that him/herself can afford and have healthcare. A selfish society, caused by the anti-familial foundation.


Homogeneous societies have healthcare down pat. Scandinavian countries have very high taxes, but, you don't have to worry about being rejected from hospitals when you're sick. You don't have to worry about a lifetime of bankruptcy. East Asian countries, although many parts are poor, have solid social foundations to help and treat sick individuals. Since all are considered family, and all are family in the way that these are "racially solid" societies, unlike u.s.

Much of the cause of anti-familial sentiment comes from a deeply fragmented and foreign people. Liberalism is necessary in the u.s. otherwise there would be much more conflict and violence among the varying races and ethnic groups. Liberalism is an ideology meant to strip people of their individual and tribal identities, whittling social groups into "individuals" that are easier to indoctrinate, control, and enslave. People are easiest to manipulate as individuals, because they have no reinforcement. They have no families or tribes to rescue them. This is an essential aspect of liberalism.


But Nature and instinct is strong. People seek out their own kind, and join together, when times are tough. This fact was combated in the u.s. by "anti-segregation" laws. Whites segregated into their own groups, especially in the South, and blacks among themselves as well. Anti-segregation is another step in the wrong direction. Anti-segregation culture in the u.s. means that all people, everybody gets mashed together into one classroom, one society. This is how the u.s. public education system works. And it is why private school is so highly demanded. In public school, boys and girls are forced together (which is an inferior mode of education), races are forced together too. This all leads to a "tolerant" culture and society.

But tolerant does not mean familiar. Despite liberalism and anti-segregation, the u.s. does not consist of a solid "nation of people". For a nation of people, a solid unity, where people genuinely care about each other, and would save one another from death, and would treat each other with healthcare, then you must look to homogeneity, Scandinavia, East Asia, and other countries where one race, or one ethnic group dominates.

Thanks for offering an interesting subject.

It is very important to let the people know that the whole Occidental culture has become nihilistic, decadent, and one of many political weapons for destroying the own culture is an extreme anti-family policy, which includes an extreme anti-genealogistic, thus also an extreme anti-tradionalistic policy, an extreme hostility to children, an extreme support of abortion, of divorces, of misandry, of homosexuality, of genderism, of autoracism (racism against the own race), of multiculturalism, of »non-traditional marriages«, of individualism in the sense of singledom, isolation ... and so on. We can call this the „dictatorship of the modern totaliarianism with its three main parts liberalism, communism, fascism/globalism (global-fascism).

First of all, „liberalism“ is just a word. And it is a word that is almost always used rhetorically. The lies and deception of the totalitarian liberalism are quite obvious. Almost everyone can now know that „liberty“ in the sense of freedom is only meant for merely a few people, whereas the rest as the mass of all people have to accept that, so that one can rightly say: „liberalism is just another bad totalitarianism - akin to communism (socialism of the extreme leftists) and fascism (socialism of the extreme rightists)“. Liberalism is the first one of the three main totalitarian ideologies of modern times. So one can dialectically say that liberalism is the thesis, communism the antithesis, global-fascism (a.k.a.: globalism) the synthesis. Globalism (a.k.a.. global-fascism) contains liberalism and communism. This synthesis is the current era of the Occidental culture.

You have less health care and other cares in countries (e.g. in the USA) where liberalism is more (more than communism) integrated in globalism than you have in countries (e.g. in EU countries) where communism is more (more than liberalism) integrated in globalism. This does not mean that communism is better than liberalism, but it means that if the first and the third evil come together more closely (which is much more likely) than the first and the second or the second and the third evil there is always less health care and other cares. All three evils have nevertheless some good parts and play their rules in the evil game, and if one evil is more integrated than the other evil, then one evil is more missed than the other evil, which means that also the good parts of the evil that is more missed are more missed than those of the other evil.

We - the Occidentals - have our own, our special forms, thus our Occidental forms of those evil ideologies of our modernity.

And there is a special (national) one of the special (cultural) one in the USA.

Image

Arminius wrote:Do you know the term "Brazilianization of the World" ("Brasilianisierung der Welt" - Ulrich Beck; cp. also Franz Josef Radermacher)?

This means that all nations of the world tend to have the same distribution of wealth that Brazil has. :o

Here are some real examples from 2006:

The richest Finnish 20% have 35% of the Finnish income (GNP).
The poorest Finnish 80% have 65% of the Finnish income (GNP).
The richest German 20% have 40% of the German income (GNP).
The poorest German 80% have 60% of the German income (GNP).
The richest US 20% have 47% of the US income (GNP).
The poorest US 80% have 53% of the US income (GNP).
The richest Brazilian 20% have 65% of the Brazilian income (GNP).
The poorest Brazilian 80% have 35% of the Brazilian income (GNP).

Maybe that the richest Brazilian 20% have already 80% of the Brazilian income (GNP). So at last we will possibly see the following scenario in the world: 20% of all humans have 80% of the global income. So 80% of all humans have merely 20% of the global income. (Cp. Pareto distribution.).

"Nice prospects!“ :evilfun:

When they tell you that you should be "optimistic“, then just do not care, because all totalitarians say that, and they say that, because they want you to be stupid!
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5222
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Previous

Return to Society, Government, and Economics



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]