the smoking gun

Donnie jr. just released e-mails that show that there was
collusion between 45’s campaign and Russia…
basically the offer is a statement from someone who represents
Russia and claims to have information about Clinton…
the e-mail first of all, proves that Russia was active in the campaign
against Clinton and for 45…the most important aspect the e-mail
doesn’t provide is this, what does 45 offer back to Russia in return for this information…
and that boys and girls is collusion… you don’t get information like this without
something in return and that something, whatever it was and we still don’t know
but I suspect that is going to be a large part of Muller’s case against 45…
what does 45 offer to Russia in return for damaging information about Clinton?

it also proves that 45 has lied over and over again about how the Russian story
was a nonstory, a false story, when 45’s own son has provided very damaging
evidence for collusion between Russian and 45’s campaign…

based on this, I would say, the multiple members of 45’s administration will
be charged with multiple crimes perhaps even by year’s end…

this has officially become more damaging and more dangerous then Nixon’s Watergate…
and with the fallout becoming very widespread… get our your popcorn kids…
the viewing event of the decade is about to start… Donnie Jr. and probably Kushner
along with manafort are going to trial and it ain’t going to be pretty…

a BTW, 45 will throw his kid under the bus without any more thought then stepping
on a bug… 45 is loyal like that…

Kropotkin

As I understand it, even without a tit-for-tat deal, just attending the meeting following that email exchange may be a campaign finance law violation. Here is an election law professor’s take. Doesn’t seem slam dunk case, but likely enough to bring the charges.

I am not so sure that the President will let his son be charged, though. He’s reckless with his power, so there’s not much to dissuade him. And the trial would bring to light a lot of things, and keep the damning story in the spotlight. There is probably already enough out there to impeach, and a trial might lower his approval rating enough that congressional Republicans feel pressure to act.

For decades the CIA, Republicans, and others have been fixated on Russia, Communism, and The Red Scare.

Today’s generation, however, doesn’t give a damn, doesn’t care about the previous generation’s grievances or divisions between East and West. Trump and his children represent a shift in u.s. politics. The Right want to prove that any “collusion” with Russia is treasonous. But today’s younger generation doesn’t give a damn about that. Why does it even matter, except, liberals and leftists want to dig-up as much dirt on Trump, and why? Because they’re losers. They lost the election, the majority vote, and can’t face reality. You lost. You’re unpopular, and increasingly becoming more unpopular.

The further the liberal-left drifts away from reality, the more probable it will lose power. And that’s the real “smoking gun”.

Tomorrows generations, the future, will care even less about Russia being “menacing and evil”. Baby-boomers hiding under their desks in 3rd grade fear the Russians. But not anybody born beyond 1990.

Face it, boomers, you’re out of touch with reality. You are no longer the future, nor representatives of the future. You’ve lost. And you will again and again, until you confront the modern day.

Talking with Russians is not “collusion”. And even if it was, nobody cares anymore. You wanted a Global world, right? Now you’ve got it, and can’t deal with it. Too bad.

I still suspect the smoking gun will be the sex tape.

Don being pissed on.

In other words, he’ll be humiliated out of office.

:blush:

At this point, it shouldn’t be a political question. What DJTJR did seems to fit the definition of soliciting a contribution from a foreign individual or entity. Take a look at the law (also quoted in the blog I linked above, emphasis below is mine):

The blog I linked also has some discussion on what counts as a “thing of value”, and would seem to include opposition research services.

Oh, my god! Russians have taken over the United States where we’re are all ruled from Moscow!

I want to roll myself into a ball and suck my thumb now coping with this foreign takeover! Thank god for CNN! Hopefully Hillary Clinton runs for president the next election!

She’s our only hope along with the DNC! God save us all!

K: the current generation may not care about Russia but this still rises above mere
party politics…you seem to fail to understand the gravity of what happened…
it is not about Russia but about something far greater…
this is about a foreign power colluding with Americans to influence
an election and that violates American law…the e-mail was clear about its
intent, to give 45 damaging information about Clinton which would be used by
45 to win the election…(leaving out the very interesting part of how the Russians
got this information, which may have been a crime in itself) it is not about any global world or
what younger generations think about Russia, but about a possible crime being committed
in COLLUSION with a foreign government regarding our election… I can’t think of a much
higher crime outside of Treason and we may have reached Treason by 45 and his bunch…

you just don’t see the damage that this does to the American democracy unless
you just don’t give a dam about America and this democracy…in which given your
“I just don’t give a dam about criminal acts” rhetoric could be possible…
you blindly follow some ism and ideology and don’t seem to care about America…

as far as 45 having a majority vote… He lost the popular vote by almost 3 million votes,
he won with the electoral collage… just a BTW…

anyway…the crime has been done against America and not me personally,
it wasn’t a matter of “losing”, it is a matter of putting country ahead of party…
something the GOP and conservatives haven’t done in a long time…
so try to put country ahead of party and think about the implications
of crimes committed against America and its people…

Kropotkin

First of all, Russia did not “tamper” with the u.s. election, although they probably should have. Trump won either way. Democrats and Liberals, butt hurt about this fact, sore losers, want to claim that “Trump only won because of the Russians”, is false. Very false. It doesn’t even matter, in the end, whether Russia or any other foreign nation “interferes” with a u.s. election.

U.s. is the world leader. Therefore, it’s only obvious that other countries will try to “influence” elections. And someday, maybe other countries will have voting powers in u.s. elections. Ever think of that? U.s. is the international leader, global country. Why shouldn’t “all humanity” have voting rights?

Answer me that, liberals. Who are you to deny the world votes and a voice?

In her own words, the Russian lawyer who emailed Don Trump Jr. denied any ties of working with or for the Kremlin/Russian government, then two minutes later after the clip of her denying claims that she was a Russian government employee, a CBSN reporter makes a claim in his report that she worked with or for the Kremlin/Russian government to tamper with the 2016 USA elections. Now tell me, what retard is unable to notice that within the very same collusion/conspiracy story that the CBSN media is lying about its coverage of this story?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuX5SoFpP5c[/youtube]

Ha,ha…they, MSNBC network reporters, are still picking through the long interview! :laughing: What bullshit can they concoct and spin to try to make some kind of case, some kind of smoking gun? :laughing:

Wait…wait…this gets even more special that someone else, some talent connection Goldstone, knows someone who knows someone with connections to Russian politics. So special to have an email made by someone who knows someone who knows someone in the Russian government who has illegal DNC Clinton campaign contributions, but wait…no…it’s not the Russian lawyer for she has no ties to the Russian government, but wait, she met with the Trump threesome, but she thought she was meeting with them about some other legal issues the US government was unfairly imposing on Russian citizens. Gotta love the media. How BIG can they make this ridiculousness and oh WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, the traction all the morons who buy all their nuttiness as real, factual, substantiated claims of illegal activities.

^^^Shut up Russian! You’re a Russian agent! :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue:

Why does all the of Democratic party and half of the Republican party want to persecute Trump to oust him so they can start WW3 over Russian/Syrian oil? Why I ask? Why all this absurd made-up bologna when they want sole USA ownership of the remaining worldwide oil?

Whether or not the whole world should get a vote is besides the point. The law is applied as it is, not as we think it should be. So the question is, did DTJR’s conduct amount to soliciting something of value from a foreign person or entity?

And note, Wendy, that for that analysis it doesn’t matter Veselnitskaya worked for the Russian government. When Trump, Kushner, and Manafort went to that meeting, they did so believing that the Russian government was offering to help them win the election. Under the plain language of the law as written, there is a good case that that is illegal.

If a rejection of that claim is to avoid politics, it must address the language of the law as written, and how that language does or doesn’t apply to the actions as we know them.

We need to impeach Donald Trump and dethrone him. We need to put a democrat in his place.

In fact I think we need to eliminate the republican party altogether where we become a one political party nation under democrats. It would be great, we could all throw wonderful parties funded by Wallstreet democratic lobbyists in our collective smugness sniffing each other’s anal flatulence.

Of course we’ll throw the country into civil war but we’ll show those red flyover states we mean business by confiscating their guns. I suggest we make Michelle Obama madame president.

You’re either with us or the Russians.

Incorrect.

You’re assuming he’s capable of feeling humiliated. I’m not sure that he is.

DTJR did nothing wrong. Trump did nothing wrong. Democrats and liberal-lefties are so consumed by emotion that they want to persecute Trump for anything. And it won’t work. The winners won. The losers lost. The losers won’t win by these backward, dirty tactics.

Democrats and liberal-lefties need to get used to the idea of an 8 year Trump duration, and then another 8 under Ivanka or another Trump family member. This could be a 16 year reign or longer. The more emotional and hysterical the liberal-left becomes, the worse this is all going to get.

I think you’re missing the point. This isn’t a discussion of politics, it’s one of law. You seem pretty confused.

It seems you missed the first two sentences of this thread. Here they are to remind you:

“Donnie jr” and this thread is about law, not politics? If it’s about DTJR then it’s about politics. You’re wrong, Mr Reasonable.

I was right.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhiRpovLgl0[/youtube]

The younger generation, uninfluenced by The Red Scare, whereas the Baby Boomers were taught alarm drills “red alert” of incoming massive nuclear assault by the Soviets…is disconnected by a generation as to why the older, elder conservatives, or leftists, both hate Russia. Those born later, the 80s or 90s, cannot empathize with the Red Scare.

This is the main reason why and how the current Trump administration is being attacked for “collusion” with the Russians, meanwhile, what’s the reality? Trump is a businessman. He does business, and that means, making money even with or against people you dislike. It’s not about liking the Russians. But it is about business. The average liberal-leftist is too blind to see it. And, they don’t to see, blinded by resentment and revenge. Liberal-leftists are desperate, Democrats, who want to dig up any dirt they can on Trump administration “to impeach”.

It has very little to do with the actual issues at hand. People are too emotional and irrational about these topics.

But do you agree that they may still have done something illegal, and these are separate and distinct questions?