Great Minds Get Lost in the Details

Great minds get lost in the details … the repository of human experience(details) is simply too immense … and a human lifespan too short … for any other result.

Dreamers and idealists suffer the same fate … floating away in the clouds … losing touch with reality. The human imagination is simply too powerful for convergence … of any substantial number … on any particular spot.

Perhaps the author of the following points to a “way” that will lead to the dialectic Unity of Opposites.

You should adopt a ‘beginners mind’. The idea behind this notion of “beginners’ mind” is that we take all of the things we know–all of our brilliant opinions, all of our reason and logic, even our cherished beliefs–and we put all this stuff on the shelf for awhile. Beginner’s mind is simply recognizing that this wonderful intellectual thinking mind that we all have may, at certain times, block things off from our view.

K: actually, I have found the opposite, great minds float above the details and it
is the small minds that get lost in the details… great minds go for the eagle
eye view of the world and small minds go for the ant’s vision of the world…
look at the great visions of the world and they are about the big view and not
the small detailed view… because of this, I always shoot for the
large, eagle eye vision of the world and not the details…
I aim for greatness, I quite often don’t achieve it, but dam if I don’t
try…

Kropotkin

2op, I was thinking about something similar recently; remember how those dudes in the 60’s and 70’s would go wild on their keyboards, write awesome 7 minute songs, thematic albums and what have you. Then nowadays, there is so much you can do with synthesizers, that doesnt happen anymore, almost as if artist are blinded by the almost infinite variance of it all.

I agree you gotta get grounded, but in my experience you have to go through the complex in order to arrive at the simple, you don’t just get straight to the simple. Like if you invent something people say ‘oh I see, why didn’t anyone think of that before’, well the reason is that you need to send your head into the clouds first.

On another note, existence maybe the said complexity [universe] such to arrive at the simple [made souls].

This is disgusting dogma. You can never abandon reason: as if all of your opinions, beliefs, and arguments could stagnate! Consciousness is an eternal flow, there is no escaping ideology unless you merely accept and understand the dialectic. Communism is not the ultimate end nor is the present day the time of the last man. These assertions are humiliating. Pete K. acts as if he is living in a dystopian society because he has an unhealthy infatuation with America. Pathetic. You do not have an eagle eye vision, you are oppressed by your own ideology just as I am. The human imagination is not powerful, it is retarded, nature’s most demented form, and we often lose sight of this because we have such complex emotions and communication. The natural world is aware of us just as much as we are aware of it. There is only totality in nature and the more we drive ourselves away by abandoning the impossibility of nihilism, for which you vouch for by idealizing the unity, the more we bounce back into a state of eternal return. The mind-independent world does not need to ask questions. Sickening…

Great minds that achieve “greatness” … and there are so few … pay a high price. A few examples …

1. Jesus was nailed to a cross.

2. Socrates drank the hemlock poison rather than surrender to the politics of his day.

3. Krishnamurti in his old age apparently said “Nobody understands me” … what a lonely life! ILP member Celine K wears his badge … “It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society”

4. Dostoevsky … "“Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth.”

5. Lao Tzu opted for voluntary exile rather than surrender to the politics of his day. Chapter 70 of his Doa De Jing …

[b]

[/b]

I agree with this, but not so much intellectuals getting lost in details and losing touch with reality. Sensitive and subversive thinking makes them depressed, not delusional.

Yep.

I wonder if that’s the reason some of them have gone solo and eventually minimalist. Less is more?

sounds about right. you gotta be able to get hold of that thang, and do the thang with it lol like a blues musician with one string left on the guitar.

Amorphos … your range of character is rare … rare indeed!

From a decent grasp of the profound to a colorful grasp of the mundane/profane.

People gotta love that ‘thang’ about you. :slight_smile:

thank you sir, and today I am dressed as napoleon. :slight_smile: