As Above ... So Below

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Moderator: Uccisore

As Above ... So Below

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:26 am

The reader may be wondering what the title of this OP has to do with Society, Government and Economics.

It's simply a question of "spin" ... let me try my skills as a "spin doctor"

In this particular spin the word "above" symbolizes the 1% and the word "below" symbolizes all people below the 1% in the social hierarchy of humanity.

The behaviour of the individuals in the 1% class is pretty much the same as the behaviour in the lowest class of society ... it's simply a question of scale.

Reminds me of the NT story of the woman charged with adultery ... Jesus said ... let the first man who has never sinned throw the first stone.

Skeptics may respond ... if we don't throw stones at them it will only become worse for us.

Perhaps ... yet ... at the appointed time the behaviour of all humans ... in all social classes will change.
"Never dare try to get ahead of the world." Lao Tzu
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Re: As Above ... So Below

Postby Pandora » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:53 am

I don't believe this. The lower classes are brainwashed from the cradle with self-limiting beliefs, from religion, to virtues of hard-working ethics, to morality or humility, etc. Most people cannot get to the top because deep down they sincerely believe that they can't.
Pandora
Philosopher

Postby Kriswest » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:22 pm

There is that but, laziness is more the culprit.
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby CelineK » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:52 pm

this is a twisted interpretation

as above so below means as in the heaven so on earth... marco and micro are alike

the evil that is "power" always matches the level of ignorance and this holds true in the entire universe, in every dimension of existence.
The Laws Of Light, Emotions And Sexuality. http://www.celinek.net The time has come in the history of man's journey from his material jungle to his spiritual mountain top when it is imperative that he must live more and more in the cosmic Light universe of knowing, and less in the electric wave universe of sensing -- Walter Russell.
=============================================================
A Money-Free Society Is Now Reality! The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth and not to fall under the will or legislative authority of man but only have the law of nature (immutable principles) for his rule. Samuel Adams. -- http://www.earthcustodians.net
CelineK

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:35 pm

Kriswest wrote:There is that but, laziness is more the culprit.

Bad fortune more so than laziness, there is an inherent sense it is all rigged, perhaps by men, perhaps by AI, perhaps by the universe itself.
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.

Postby Kriswest » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:13 pm

I have to disagree, you speak of human ideas or beliefs. Nature is the likeliest reason.
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:19 pm

Kriswest wrote:I have to disagree, you speak of human ideas or beliefs. Nature is the likeliest reason.

In terms of human interactions, which are far removed, could be human, AI, or spiritual meddling at play.
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.

Postby James S Saint » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:12 pm

James S Saint wrote:It is referring to arranging for the ideal to be on Earth, "Heaven on Earth". If the ideal involves having demons around, then Peter is in a position to arrange that. But it isn't likely that the ideal, the Heaven, involves demons or devils, considering their nature.

Socially speaking, it involves controlling the Media, Medicine, and Money. If they choose feminism as The Ideal, feminism is spread throughout.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:44 pm

"How long will you people limp along on two opinions?" Elijah

So many people are up and down like a toilet seat in a whore house on a Saturday night.

Choose a horse and ride like hell!!

Man ... or ... Nature
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Return to Society, Government, and Economics