if majorities are plain stupid, what does democracy mean?

Is it ok for any majority verdict to be taken as the will of the people, and therefore become the politic of govt? Anything!
Wasn’t that how Hitler got elected.

Was brexit - be honest here - truly just a motion by the people that they wanted self determination? Ok so tell the London traders not to take 800% of the wholesale price of goods coming from the third world. Then while we are at it, why not have one single universal money type and general fair trade so that all people can be self determined equally. Why not stop people going on holiday, because if you don’t want people here, why should they want you there! Its all double standards of the worst kind, and we are a bunch of liars when we say its not about race or cultural prejudice, what the fuck else is it about? Numbers perhaps, so we should be restricting the amount of babies we have then. Or at least not going around the world telling other people that they should not have more than 2 children, and giving them birth control [when we don’t say that to our own people].

We want to trade with other countries, and we want to be able to work abroad if say our business takes us there. Or open English pubs in France, British breakfast diners in Spain etc etc.
What is America if not an immigrant nation [apart from the few Indians left!]? so now you got enough immigrants and you don’t want any more, well fair enough, but why specifically not Mexicans? Will trump also stop British business persons from moving there? Or virtually anyone other than Mexicans. Upon what basis is that not racially prejudice? So he tears up trading deals, so why doesn’t the rest of the world tear up their trade deals with America, - because they cannot afford to. Its strictly a one way system, if he or the brexiteers want out they should get the fuck out and fuck off. Don’t take what you want where you want it, and then say others can’t do the same.

There should be a constitution for these sorts of things, and not let racist old numpty idiots who haven’t had the decency to die off already, vote for prejudice politics. I thought IS was the last gasp of medieval idiots, but it seems we also have some of those - enough to bloody vote us out of Europe.

If you have a majority of idiots who can’t think properly, they will rule over those who can. These people ~ right wingers generally, actually believe there is a magic being inside which is better than others. Not that if you had ‘their’ causality you would be them, facing all the same issues, and making the same decisions.
If you want to change that then all you have to do is stop being so selfish with the worlds wealth!

You damn commie.

Regurgitated mainstream talking points. Probably listens to CNN, ABC, MSNBC, or NPR.

The left isn’t winning elections lately; time to change the rules.

Mix useful commentary in with your insults, please.

DEMOCRACY= two wolves and a sheep talking about dinner.

groupthink destroys free thinking and dumbs down, that is the real case against democracy

Democracy is insane because it is led by the insane masses.

Democracy isn’t ideal, but it’s also not the system in place in the situations the OP describes. There’s already Constitutions and representative governments and vetos and all sorts of things preventing pure democracy, which indeed would be a shit show.

K: yes, the GOP groupthink is destroying free thinking and dumbs down Amerika,
as shown by our previous election…

Kropotkin

Well I hope there were a few home truths in my rant at the right? Doesn’t brexit come down to prejudice? Or the mexican wall. Didn’t anyone else here cheer when the Berlin wall came down?
I don’t mean that there shouldn’t be limits, but that they should not be based in hate. Trump sounds like some racist old fuckwits I used to know, I swear I could hear them creaking when they spoke lol.

You’re advocating changing the way voting works so that people you disagree with can’t win elections. How horrible you think those people are really has nothing to do with it. Their ‘racism’ and how you ‘lol’ at them will never match your fascism.

Or that people should have been asking themselves some questions, and those people I mentioned were/are self admitted racists and equally unintelligent. I am not actually advocating getting rid of democracy, just questioning how all this madness is happening. I was using it to ask if prejudice is fundamental to what is happening ~ which is why I went on to point that out. thought that was obvious, ill try to explain better next time maybe use some text from children’s books or something.

It means that the cunning shall inherit the Earth.

This is YOUR view.

The prejudice was yours.

More people who have cast votes thought that Trump will make a better Prez than that stupid filthy cunt. That’s all there is to it.

If you read any more into the process, the outcome, then you are deluding yourself.

In my private opinion The Cunt’s supporters betrayed Bernie (my fav) and therefore she got the opposition to win. She should never have won, and she did not. Bernie would have.

I stopped supporting several national institutions, such as the New York Times, when they decided to extend their official support to The Cunt. I just about fell off the fucking chair when I read that. Mind you, my support was never a big deal, actually nearing zero, in reality.

I hope they, the Democratic Caucus, learned its lesson: you can’t cast your best candidate aside when you have a Cunt to replace it with.

A few words why I called her the C word:

• she has shown she has no principles. American voters like a candidate who is devoted to one side or the other. Hillary wanted money for herself and her own family, and she swayed in the political winds like a fig leaf wherever the most promising winds blew from. She was not liberal, conservative, leftist, rightist, she simply sold her soul to Wall Street, and she tried to sell that move to the American voters with the inscription “I am experienced in politics and diplomacy”.

My foot. She was/is an opportunistic bitch, and the whole nation could see right through her motivation.

My goodness gracious. Now you are advocating forced mind control.

First you want to change the voting process. To help your biasses.

Now you don’t want to allow people to have feelings different from yours.

Also you wouldn’t allow (if it were up to you) people to act on their motivations.

Methinks you need to move to a planet of robots or automatons or something.

Go away.

You actually nailed it with this one.

This is how Hitler got elected.

This is also how Abraham Lincoln got elected.

This is also how George Washington was elected.

Not to mention JFK, Eisenhower, and Roosewelt.

So your point is…???

The people did ask questions, they just came up with different answers from you. One of the things they took into consideration when asking their questions is why so many people on your end can’t do any better than shrieking “RACIST!!!” at every little thing they don’t like, and calling people morons instead of actually advocating your position.

Listen to your fellow lefty then:

youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

That’s why it’s happening.

Mmhm. I can’t wait till my next opportunity to vote for whomever/whatever will piss you off the most.

Do you understand that the ideology in power doesn’t have to listen to your fucking abuse? Even entertaining an argument from you would be a favor TO you, and you haven’t the grace to present one yet. All you’ve got is “OMG you people are so terrible, so stupid, I hate you!” yeah, well, we’re winning, so go cry about it, I guess.

point is we went to war with him because we didn’t agree, and he killed people based upon hatred. you can live in hitlers world if you want.

omg, not hatred… NOT HATRED!!! He killed because of hatred? You don’t say!

What do you think we should do about this insidious “hatred”?