Military Manouvres.

youtu.be/sRBsJNdK1t0

What was the purpose of the military exercises during Mr Trump’s inaugural address? It occurred after about 1.35, during the following portion of the President’s speech.

“Every four years, we gather on these steps to carry out the orderly and peaceful transfer of power, and we are grateful to President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama for their gracious aid throughout this transition. They have been magnificent. Thank you.
(APPLAUSE)
Today’s ceremony, however, has very special meaning because today, we are not merely transferring power from one administration to another or from one party to another, but we are transferring power from Washington, D.C. and giving it back to you, the people.
(APPLAUSE)
For too long, a small group in our nation’s capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have borne the cost. Washington flourished, but the people did not share in its wealth. Politicians prospered, but the jobs left and the factories closed. The establishment protected itself, but not the citizens of our country. Their victories have not been your victories. Their triumphs have not been your triumphs. And while they celebrated in our nation’s capital, there was little to celebrate for struggling families all across our land.”

I have tweeted Mr Trump for an explanation.

It was probably just standard secret service coordination.

What military exercises? Are you talking about the military displays that happen at every inauguration?

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … -1905.jpeg

After approx. 90 seconds of the attached video a number of military personnel can be seen coming and going. Eventually an individual arrives and appears to issue an instruction to those assembled, they then withdraw. Looked odd.

Simple communication, that’s it.

So those half a dozen guys coming down some stairs, looking confused for a minute, and walking back up the stairs struck you as ‘military exercises’? The first guy brought some umbrellas. The rest looked like they missed a cue or something.

It is possible that I am reading too much into the incident. Perhaps I have been watching too many conspiracy movies. However, it strikes me that a ceremony such as this would have been planned with something bordering upon ‘military precision’. It happened that at one moment Mr Trump had the military behind him - the next moment, they had disappeared.