Gods and Generals

Just got my desktop computer set up, picked up Gods and Generals from the library.

Remarkable how polite and gentlemanly we try to write off the succession, heading head first into the civil war. All these idiots talking as if they were in a Shakespearean play, then walking off to get covered in mud and cold, suffer from survey, heat exhaustion and bleeding out when a bullet or cannon ball takes their nuts out on a battlefield for absolute bullshit reasons.

Meanwhile, people I know who lived a century later from the south sound nothing like this shit, most unread ignorant fucks.

Some of these dumbasses are wearing bow ties and suits on the battlefield. You gonna die bitches.

That hunk is up an running? What’s the power supply? Motherboard? Have you even checked yet?

Nope, given I’m still rearranging my room because of it. I live in a space the size of a car, (little wider) so it’s on my workshop table. Its a pain in the add getting everything balanced and functional again.

Not too thrilled with the planning process of battles in this movie.

This shall be a civil war / computer tech theme thread.

It says mine is a ACPI x86 based PC

Two Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHZ

I don’t understand the rest. No obvious listing of video card.

Already Windows 10, was 7.

Downloaded Gimp so I may start doing my Gib pics. Might make him abducted by aliens, or a cowboy riding a gay centar. Bags of dicks.

Army didn’t teach take cover back in the civil war, a pity. Dumbasses assaulted a wall.

Oh, 4 GB RAM, 3.24 useable

http://semantic.gs/acpi_x86_based_pc_driver_download

Driver update possibility. Have you found a windows 10 compatible version of that Rome game yet?

Is by default, downloaded off of Steam. Steam jacked the price from $15 $55 or something like that… I got pissed when I went to buy the game code from amazon.com, and put money in it from a gift card, only to discover I couldn’t but directly tat code unless I had used a credit card, and I complained, saying that was sneaky and unfair. So Steam responded back by jacking the price way up, after I gave in and ordered a $20 Steam Card.

I’ll try again after I buy some other equipment. In the meantime, I’m playing (again) Napoleon, Total War. I beat this game a long time ago, know the tactics of the era too damn well, and I just… don’t really get anything out of it, but if I see anymore knights on the battlefield like in Rome Medieval, I will scream. I’m gonna buy a micro usb / usb thumbdrive so I can download games onto my phone at McDonalds. I saw steam allowed that.

It is easy to forget how retarded the tactics of the US Civil War were. It has been about 7 years since I’ve had the luxury of falling asleep in front of a large screen, trying to keep my eyes open. Whole time I’me watching it, I’m wondering why they don’t just flank the mother fucking stone wall instead of running it down over a wide as fuck featureless kill zone, why they didn’t drag a cannon in on a sledge in the woodline to batter it in a few spots first, and most of all why they didn’t harass that wall with skilled marksman teams, why they didn’t use suppressive fire in tandem as sections advanced, etc. i know the weapons capability of that era, and am dumbfounded how they could field a fucking philosopher from Maine quoting on Caesar, and completely goof that up, even after having a whole night to think on it, stuck the whole night huddled around corpses in that kill zone, thinking that hey, maybe Wellington was right about stationing men behind hills where cannon couldn’t hit, and that skilled rifled shots are mother fucking awesome when it comes to attrition fire, if you don’t want 50 cal shots chewing your ass up while advancing.

They had all that knowledge back in the day. I know cause like Napoleon, all I do is read those fucking books. They just choose to have the worst educated slobs as command staff. Spent the whole movie looking at their wacky hairdos, talking like it was a play, and then serving up some really shit ideas, just shaking my head fucking no.

Gotta figure out what the most advanced CPU this computer can take is, as well as Video Card/Graphics Card. Not even sure what the difference between the latter two is.

Is by default, downloaded off of Steam. Steam jacked the price from $15 $55 or something like that… I got pissed when I went to buy the game code from amazon.com, and put money in it from a gift card, only to discover I couldn’t but directly tat code unless I had used a credit card, and I complained, saying that was sneaky and unfair. So Steam responded back by jacking the price way up, after I gave in and ordered a $20 Steam Card.

I’ll try again after I buy some other equipment. In the meantime, I’m playing (again) Napoleon, Total War. I beat this game a long time ago, know the tactics of the era too damn well, and I just… don’t really get anything out of it, but if I see anymore knights on the battlefield like in Rome Medieval, I will scream. I’m gonna buy a micro usb / usb thumbdrive so I can download games onto my phone at McDonalds. I saw steam allowed that.

It is easy to forget how retarded the tactics of the US Civil War were. It has been about 7 years since I’ve had the luxury of falling asleep in front of a large screen, trying to keep my eyes open. Whole time I’me watching it, I’m wondering why they don’t just flank the mother fucking stone wall instead of running it down over a wide as fuck featureless kill zone, why they didn’t drag a cannon in on a sledge in the woodline to batter it in a few spots first, and most of all why they didn’t harass that wall with skilled marksman teams, why they didn’t use suppressive fire in tandem as sections advanced, etc. i know the weapons capability of that era, and am dumbfounded how they could field a fucking philosopher from Maine quoting on Caesar, and completely goof that up, even after having a whole night to think on it, stuck the whole night huddled around corpses in that kill zone, thinking that hey, maybe Wellington was right about stationing men behind hills where cannon couldn’t hit, and that skilled rifled shots are mother fucking awesome when it comes to attrition fire, if you don’t want 50 cal shots chewing your ass up while advancing.

They had all that knowledge back in the day. I know cause like Napoleon, all I do is read those fucking books. They just choose to have the worst educated slobs as command staff. Spent the whole movie looking at their wacky hairdos, talking like it was a play, and then serving up some really shit ideas, just shaking my head fucking no.

Gotta figure out what the most advanced CPU this computer can take is, as well as Video Card/Graphics Card. Not even sure what the difference between the latter two is.