The CIA - how to move ahead

What do we know about them, and what do they know about us - and what do they know about us knowing about them knowing about us?

Absurdly real questions, the rabbit hole of control; possession works both ways. Hegels master-bondsman dialectic; Double-Agency directly implies the risk of triple agency, etc. It’s a world of smoke and mirrors, and there is no guiding ethos besides Intelligence - or the knowledge that is power.

The Central Intelligence Agency was created in 1947 as a result of the newly emerged global ‘order’ - Agreement. The Cold War was essentially an agreement - which is why it got out of hand as soon as it was ended. “Cold War” was just a palpable term for “Peace of Power”. The Cold War was the greatest tension mankind will be likely to ever go through, a pure polarity spanning the whole human world, during a period in which all the great technocratic advances we now enjoy were developed and put in place to control the Mind of the planet.

The CIA won. But the KGB didnt lose. As the Soviet Union crumbled, it came out on top. It is no wonder that the CIA sees a threat in Trumps friendship with Putin - but in reality it represents the greatest opportunity the Agency ever had.
The only reason they have to resist this is that they suspect the KGB is too good for them. It is a real risk. But the risk is on them, as the US isnt built so as to possibly be controlled from outside. The president is checked at every turn. Russians have wielded more influence by taking Crimea than by any cyber attacks - they are a nation of conservative, physical means and incentives. This is what makes them slippery; the only law their mind knows is gravity and time, it knows how things fall - and makes sure they fall ‘into place’.

The CIA can learn from the Russians how to spend less and accomplish more.

My advice: Refreeze the war now that empire has been consolidated. Russia as an inferior ally is the greatest thinkable victory of the past century.

No, they won’t be a long term ally for at least another generation. Syria is workable for precisely the fact it allows us a chance to leave Syria without worry about ISIS staying, but Russia can’t long prop up Assad or the Syrian state even when left alone, they suffered a massive demographics collapse, and Arabs/Sunni can always pour in from everywhere to support them during the next siesmic convulsion his dydnasty has. We will have a perpetual Assad problem for some time on a NATO boarder, and that boarder is schizophrenic with Erdogan. It is a deeply unhealthy balance, one the Russians increasingly won’t be able to prop up. Ive seen video of socalled Russian Special Forces in Syria, they look like light infantry airborne clones of US Troops in Iraq, I’m not overly optimistic about Russia’s staying power if that’s what they have in terms of best troops- they aren’t incompetent, but certainly aren’t invincible. I’m a little surprise how far back Russian special forces have devolved. That looks amazing to you, but that’s basic infantry actions to me. If that’s the best Russia has… I have serious doubts about long term generational commitments.

bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-38283582

As to the CIA-KGB analysis, no. Has nothing to do with reality.

Im gonna need you as an intelligence gatherer and field agent, not as analyst.
I have my own agenda, steeped in global reality and an ontically grounded strategem.

Turkey is the one single nation that matters, with respect to our relationship to the Islamic world.

Russia and Turkey get along reasonably well, as thy share methods and adversaries. And Turkey is NATOs primary asset really. The only country that actually adds something in a troublesome region. It demands a lot too, but not quite yet enough. It needs to be given leadership of the region in a surveillance umbrella shared with Israel, under a Pax Americana sustained by an independent Russia which in turn controls ties to India, Iran and China.

These are rough indications of massively complex and long term processes. Bottom line being, World War I ended with the disbanding of the Ottoman Empire, and the Middle East hell on Earth was the result. This must now be brought to conclusion, and the Sultan is going to have his Islamic State. But it will be secularized to a good degree, this can be relied on, as Turks from Izmir and the rich regions will never be reconciled with the deep East, a duality like any great nation harbors. Paris/Not Paris, Coasts/Heartland - Turkey is where the Greek saga originated, and now the tide is turning, it is time to recognize them as our ally.

Problem is I like Kurds, as do we all. They’re brave.

All strategens are grounded in Ontology by default, your projecting a Grand Strategy, not a strategem. A strategem would be a classic chess rouse, or a famous maneuver. That’s not strategy, it has similar names because the ancient Greek and East Roman name for a general was Stratigikos, and because in western doctrine for cadets traditionally, they couldn’t grasp the difference between strategy and tactics, and so the emphasis till the turn of the 19th century was tactics and strategems, a more principled idea of a tactic not based on a tactical synthesis that you could build a higher logic out of piece by piece.

The nuances are lost on most, and that system of instruction is dying off, slowly. Just keep it aware.

No, Turkey isn’t the one single nation that matters from a NATO perspective, US matters much, much, much more. US isn’t coequal to the idea of NATO, however much we like to think of it as such.

Egypt isn’t in NATO, has tried to enter, matters equally as much as Turkey, more so that Turkey does, as Turkey has pre-NATO treaties with Russia allowing access to the straights.

Likewise Morocco has near importance for a middle eastern strategy, and Saudi Arabia trumps the importance of all three combined. Trailing in importance is Pakistan, but it isn’t without very important influence. 50/50% chance Trump might say fuck it on Afghanistan and then they will decline even lower, they aren’t exactly in a position to check any state that threatens us otherwise, and to be honest, I could live with Pakistani ambition to conquer Afghanistan, but they can’t even control their own territory right now.

Turkey is the third most important nation in NATO against Russia, and Second most within NATO for Middle East, and from a US perspective, highly dysfunctional. I don’t know how well Turkey would respond to a full Russian drive through the Caucauses, the talks earlier this year that Turkey was building a base in Azeribaijan was mostly a bust, they merely got a lease on a flight hanger Turkey already uses for ferrying troops to Afghanistan. The region, Azeribaijan, Georgia, and Armenia Hayes each other and Turkey, but has been aligning more and more on western tactics and technology, and standards of government, and I think Turkey would much rather prefer them to be independent than under Russian Control. Very high chance during Trunp’s administration Putin will restart the war in Georgia while enticing Azeris to attack Armenia when he can’t directly and openly pressure Trump on Iran or Ukraine, and Trump will eventually cone around on Ukraine.

Lots of nations add to the middle east, Saudi Arabia is a powerhouse with Egypt as support. UAE, Oman, Qatar behave not to dissimilar to Italian city states. Algeria isn’t that bad right now, relatively stable. Morocco us the US’s longest running Arab ally, and it us improving relations with the African Union and Arab League. It is very important for you to grasp US tends to back blocs over nations when it comes to military cooperation, the one regional exception being Israel.

I’m a analyst more than anything else on this forum, and your in desperate need of developing this skill in your imaginings. Doesn’t make much sense to have a hard on for Russia in a foreign policy sense if you can’t calculate basic orderings, you should focus on that skill set first, then decide what countries you like. Putin isn’t a Savior, not even for Russia, you can’t make him into your Nietzschean over man and expect a happy ending. Russia is facing dark times ahead.

When you study strategy, I recommend picking a ancient era not obvious to the modern world in terms of nationals, and look at it’s chief writers in war, diplomacy, theory of government and economics. You don’t play favorite, change them out often, switch to a new era, new country, repeat.

I’m neither friend nor enemy to russia. I fully expect to absord them into a NATOish alliance later this century, but only because they are so horribly maladepted to survive Islam from the steppes. It is very much not going in a long term positive direction at all for them, and the Russia we will inherit with be a horrible fucking mess by that point, much smaller in a de facto sense. Think of the Golden Horde era. It is better to have Russia than not to have Russia in such a scenario, but you gotta realize, we are going to be dealing with a Caliphate capable of striking Moscow in force by that point. We are in for a very nasty 21st century in the steppes. Nothing stops a expansionary state in the region from exploding, the Ottomans proved it by conquering the region just prior to their collapse. Your not even aware of these things. You just think Nietzsche, Overman.

I mean matters to the US. NATO is only relevant in as far as it advances US interests. In Europe it’s either unnecessary by default of economic and cultural dependency, or ill advised and prone to fail as in Ukraine. Breaking point 1 was Yugoslavia, breaking point 2 was the 2004 expansion - 3 is its encroaching on Russia;s very border attempting a coup in its most strategic neighbor territory. It got beaten for the first time in its existence. Now, Turkey is required to revitalize the thing - but Turkey must not enter the EU. It must be granted leadership over its region instead - preserving the Kurds. The Kurds are ancient and rich in culture like no other people in that region or much across the world either. Gilgamesh, the land of milk and honey, thats Kurdish lore.

There are at least half a dozen nations that arguably matter more than Turkey, but none of them are NATO. India, Pakistan, Iran, obviously China - but Turkey is that unlikely NATO member that in 1989 worked well with Israel and secured swift victory unlike any war except the Israeli 6 day war.

Therefore I want to see a Mediterraneal Union. Including Israel and Turkey as well as Greece, Italy, France, and Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Spain - seems useful. Dangerous, but theyve pulled it off before in ancient times and it was highly fertile.

Ive seen the Turkish radicalization away from Atatuurk toward Islamization in Erdogans tenure from inside Turkish families in Amsterdam. Eerie process. West Turks are having a big challenge against their own natures and their more primitive eastern brothers - we need to help them retain some of their rationalistic nature, which is in their case tied to an extremist military nature, which is just prone to Turks, as they are after all descendants of Khan.

Ill heed that advice, but note immediately that at this point it is more an issue of how to form the block that is worthy of support. Presently, all reliable old blocks have been corrupted by all the half hearted yet fanatic Obama destabilization. At least that I can see of, you have a more detailed view of these secondary and tertiary states.

Whatever…

Whatever… I dont blame you for the counter lecture. I see you as a local / ground analyst, as one cant effectively inform without integrating basic analysis.

Your heart is too soft to understand the Russian. I mean that. They dont care about what keeps you awake, hunger, cold, poverty - they care about their Mother, Jesus, and their massive viking land. Its not a matter of getting ahead for Russians. It is about existing, and telling stories while drinking, and killing people they dont like.

The gravest danger the Russians were ever in is when the government was contemplating advocating beer over wodka.

My tentative argument will be that the CIA is in fact a friend to the KGB and FSB and such, as they have been birthed together, or at least, the CIA and the KGB grew to maturity much like two strong brothers in a lawless land grow up; as rivals, and deeply respecting each other - and in the case of Espionage, inevitably entwined in each others thought processes -
together, if the status of 1: USA, 2: Russia is accepted by all, which it is by the Russians, then these two Christian nations can combine forces against who the fuck ever they wish to control - and it is easy to see.

India will come out of this strong. It has played brilliantly by making only one enemy, that being the enemy of all three leading world powers - 1, 2, and 3: China - the Islamic faith.

The Christ obviously originated in India as Krishna.