Will faithless electors vote away from Trump, upsetting the

Of course they can. It is technically possible. The odds of them doing so are extremely slim though.

Also, Trump’s approval numbers are going up, not down. It is not increasingly obvious that things are going the wrong way, it’s the opposite- more and more people are either enthused, content, or at least willing to give him a chance.

Oops! I used the vernacular in both senses, meaning can=able+will. Sorry. The assumption, perhaps, is too broad, but based on the premise that those who want to change their votes, can and will change them.

The use of the premis in this way leaves more leaveway to those who do not want to specify their choice at this juncture, because there are those, who feel a prior political commitment is binding and not negotiable.

yeah it can. i think the public wouldn’t stand for it. popular vote not getting presidency is upsetting enough, however, an understood consequence of how our govt works (e.g bicameral u.s. legislature intends to address this populace vs area concern)

if and when this happens… frankly… i’d expect widespread physical violence

Yeah. It’s important to note that if the Trump electors vote for somebody else in large numbers, it’s not like Hillary wins. Even if she gets more electors than Trump she doesn’t win, because she won’t have 270. If neither of them has 270, then it simply means Congress picks the president, and they will (after who knows how much bickering) pick a Republican. So Hillary doesn’t get it no matter what- some other guy who either wasn’t even running or got fewer votes than Trump would win. People would be understandably pissed.

In order for Trump to not win straight out, 37 GOP electors would have to vote for not-Trump. That’s is preposterously high. People forget that Trump didn’t win by just a little. He won 35 states. So for example, he could lose the entire state of Texas and he’d still win.

Is this how we are describing a civil war? That would be a succession crisis, no different from a dynastic conflict regarding a legitimate heir.

Ucci,

The poll is not about if Trump is not selected will Clinton win by default, but rather, will not disheartened constituency, including the anti-Trump Republicans decide that another candidate would be more unifying.

I answered that already.

My faithfulness ensures Trump remains our President.

I don’t think enough Anti-Trump Republicans exist. It wasn’t the Republican Party who brought those extra states in and turned the Midwest so decisively back to the Republican Party, but Trump. I can’t imagine Trump’s core supporters ever joining into the Republican coalition in future elections ever again, they would be spitefully enraged forever.

Plus, they would straight up fucking murder whoever is chosen over Trump. I believe it is a statistical impossibility given the range of modern rifled weapons, the training and numbers of pissed off trump supporters, and their relative proximity to DC, that the secret service has a chance in hell of keeping a presidental alternative to trump alive for long.

Let me put it this way- there are more pissed off hillbillies with guns under that scenario than there are windows in DC.

It’s gonna be Trump. He is the only acceptable choice at this point.

My God chose Trump and the hillbillies wouldn’t even need to get involved. My God’s best work is his collaboration with alien abductors, no fuss, no muss. Bye, bye dissenters and connivers.

The Beverly Hillbilies, that is.

What are you talking abut, the wrong foot? Trump is already making America great again merely by his own existence.

The wrong foot, I mean divisiveness and hostility,

Since tomorrow is when the electors vote for president, are there any others who may want to add a vote, or change the vote they already cast?

Must I reiterate? God smiles on Trump.

It’s down to the new sub theme, whether the electors will vote because of their states affiliation and electors, or, whether they should vote their conscience. Remember the dump Trump movement, and how would that look like, if it were to wither away, making those vocal republicans look like spineless little nerds?

That already happened and they already do.

I just want this whole embarrassing fiasco to end. Hopefully get rid of the EC. Popular vote should be the way it is done. And no sitting elected official can campaign for another, we are paying them to do a job not go off dicking around.

Electoral College gas voted.

Trump is voted for President
Clinton in a surprise decision VP

Maybe these idiot traitors will think twice next time, as the campaign had the opposite of its intended effect, as more delegates stuck it to Clufggghnt’in than to Trump.

(I cant write down Clleewwff-tuhhns name anymore.)