Bergdahl Pardon Threat

As many if you know, he is from my old unit. Fundamental issue, if he is pardoned,it us guaranteed dead. If the lawyers finagle this so he gets off with nothing, he is dead. Only thing I’m certain of, I know the guys from my old unit, they are nowhere as compassionate and understanding as me. He is certain to die, and I’m not even saying it would be a guy from my unit, or even the army, so many people hate this guy, if he walks free with no punishment, lots and lots of people will be out to get him, and they are very much the kind of people who can do it, and not get caught. Literally no place he can hide, they will find him with time.

It is extremely wise just to jail him for a few years in relative comfort. Military prison time isn’t that hard, he will have TV access, a bed, people to talk to. A lot of those guys will leave him alone who would otherwise wreak vengeance upon him if they think he was punished. His crime was less in scope of Bradley Manning, given he us only linked to a handful of deaths, and wasn’t seeking treason. Very sad Obama traded him, but that’s not Bergdahl’s fault, it was Obama’s.

And Trump isn’t a president, he technically isn’t a President Elect till mid December, public citizens can state whatever they want, and if Congress wants, it can draft Bergdahl in for life and Trump can make his permanent duty station a jail cell, at the glorious rank of a E-0. I doubt any military judge will take the statements of a civilian, which Trump was then, as a unconstitutional right of due process. It is strongly in Bergdahl’s best interest to be jailed, get treatment for his supposed schizophrenia. Under no circumstances though pardon him, it is a death sentence. Your gonna have a entire brigade’s worth of suspects, each one with a lot of good motive to do well, and I’m one if those few thousand. That’s the pickle- who done it if you can’t prove it, everyone wishing him dead and equally capable and willing to stick up and cover for each other? I’m just certain many will try it. How? That’s the 1-501st. They will kill you if you do this sort of thing. He did it. Strongly, for his own protection, encourage him to spend some time in jail, most will back down if he serves his time. It is a pragmatic plea for a sane resolution, everyone he knows is trigger happy right now.

Another conscientious objector. Looks like he was previously discharged for psychological reasons. Just shows that Army will take anyone. 8-[

He didn’t object on the basis of pacifism, but in assuming (perhaps rightly) that the defensive outpost Blackfoot Company was Manning was unsafe. If fairness, it almost certainly was… I can’t point to a single fucking place the 1-501st has ever manned in it’s history since WW2 to the present which wasn’t unsafe, it us all deeply fucking unsafe.

However, he us the only soldier in wartime who took off from a outpost without a weapon and tried to lowcrawl out of a very distant theater of war, not because he objected to war (they would of just put him guarding the cafeteria or some shit) but because he thought he knew far better and wanted to go on a Marco Polo adventure.

That’s not pacifism. That’s not embracing a higher ideal. It is a conceivable defence for schizophrenia. Remember, that’s my old unit. We lived in the same building, I know many if the guts involved, some who died. I’m not exactly impressed with the investigation so far.

I’m much more worried the PA overrid the psychologist in keeping him in theater even though he should of gone. He did that to me with my knee,and some others too… one guy got demored for having a lung remived and 80% of his heart lining takem out- was demoted anyway,accysed of hysteria,denied a purple heart for his combat wounds… I cant remember the PA’s name, he was one of only two at that time, a red head.

Anyway,yeah,even schitzophrenics are not “absolutely crazy”, look at Ecmandu and Trixie. Would never have them near a warzone, but they do make it into the milutary and I dount a crazy defence is a iron clad way out. I would certainly consider it as mitigating,but they can process rewards and punishments and logic relating to it somewhat, he needs officially punished to show everyone will be hunted down if you desert in wartime, the full army will look for you, and that furthermore, you are responsible for the military lives lost looking for you,cibilian lives lost in not being able to protect the civilisn population at the time, allied troops lost,and financial costs.

It was very widely known not to desert in war. You can go fucking go AWOL on vacation or back at base, whatever… Nobody is going to look for you then, I promise you, every guy considered it at one time or another,but never, ever fucking never while in a combat post. We had to of wasted billions looking for him, bribing people, freeing high level captives. Im not saying millions, Im saying billions. Everyone was mobilized looking for him. Had I still been in,I woukd of been on crutches or a wheelchair out on some hillside screaming for him, or checking under the latrine, or in the dumpster,on the roof, in the water. God forbid a open sewar, they woukd of made me crawl through it looking.

No, he certainly wasnt a pacifist. He was in the airborne, volunteered at least twice, and guys in the 1-501st usually are the guys who fail to make it through Special Forces or Rangers, so solid chance he volunteered three times. Once to join the infantry,then to join the airborne, then rangers or special forces. He is unlikely to be a sudden pacifist if he was bitching about the security around the blackfoot outpost,if anything, was a little too egotistical and gungho.

You mean Chelsea Manning?

Yes, they shall get married and I will be the flower girl.

That’s the lady who exposed the government secrets and finally gave the people a transparent view of a lot of what their government was doing, and the man who had some kind of nervous breakdown, got captured and is now being shunned by the military that promised him the moon and that they’d take care of him for life? Right?

That logic is only valid if people think your a Medal of Honor recipient.

Yeah, fine, let’s just have one big fucked up liberal wedding for the two in the jail house. We can all go and smoke pot and snort lines on crack at the military chaplains altar and congratulate President Hillary on her fine administration.

Then we can force Chelsea to have a abortion.

You don’t snort lines of crack. You smoke crack. Jeez man. You gotta get informed.

I will learn at the wedding, you will show me as my Plus One. I assure you, I’m smoking and drinking everything if I gotta be there to witness that shit.

Holy shit. We’re going.

I would hang out with you for an afternoon and give you some pointers on how to be cool, but only under the condition that you have to be intoxicated. I don’t think I could be in a room with you if you were being your usual self.

And I promise not to remove any body parts from you, or make you dissapear… in this scenario.

Sounds fair.