Resurrected Carolingian Empire in response to Brexit?

I’m reading report after report from Polish and UK papers that the EU will announce today the formation of a superstate, centered around Germany, France, and Italy (big gaping hole with Switzerland no doubt).

I have no real good information for this beyond in each story it is said to of been “leaked” to Polish news… rapidly picked up by their PM who is angry pissed about it… and the British news.

I don’t see it appearing on the normal major new sites yet though.

I dunno.

I do know, and I believe I made this point out to Fixed Cross who tried to say this situation had nothing to do with the older US Constitution… “The Articles of Confederation”… we went though a similar period… but stopped it prior to any “Brexit” like situation with a state leaving. We had a hugh conference, our Constitutional Convention, and public debate going on for quite some time with our first political parties emerging… the Federalist and the Anti-Federalists (Democratic Party, they have mutated 100% away from their original beliefs since then).

I’m certain this will more than likely collapse the EU, including within these three states, if not ignite wars for independence, if rushed and forced on shocked populations.

Yes… our constitutional convention popped up out of the blue, but we had representatives on hand, and it wasn’t forced… we debated everything, and left it up to the states to decide the opposing merits. It is why our system lasted so Kong, we custom tailored it to our specific needs. A State back in 1789 had more sovereignty than a state today, was close to being a independent country in a loose alliance in honesty… but we didn’t shit ourselves about the situation and thought the process out.

You can’t just up and yank our system conceptually out and slap it on yourselves without considerable adjustments. Honestly… if you think this superstate is going to have automatic NATO entry, your wrong. The three core countries can’t even do their 2% NATO defence spending alone, you combine them it should be 6%, but I got a sad feeling it won’t even be 2% for the combined entity… this fucks states bad on the eastern front.

I can’t see this move as anything less that the ultimate NATO killer. Russia wins. US will not stick around under the next president in NATO chitchatting to some stupid trifecta representatives trying to pull off a resurrection of Charlemagne’s Empire. It was a very weak empire then, prone to feuds and infighting, and will be even worst now given the clandestine approach this society would have in it’s sudden formation.

If your slow, open… allow for debate, it is a good idea. Cloak and dagger in the night, ripping off another system from another continent, very bad, very stupid.

It has to reapply to NATO, period. It will be a new legal entity, new personality… our treatises with the former member states will be dead to it instantly, per international law. Not just for the US, for everyone.