The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:05 pm

With this thread I wanted to try to do something differently namely to show and illustrate how slavery along with a permanent underclass exists all over the world western nations included even when officially or publicly slavery has supposedly been abolished. This thread will be an ongoing one of mine of course over a period of time.

The goals of this thread is to shed light on modern slavery and the permanent underclass while showing that all of civilization across the planet can be best characterised as neo feudalism no matter what kind of underpinning government is associated with them.

Image

Image

Image
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:31 pm

Wage slavery refers to a situation perceived as quasi-voluntary slavery, where a person's livelihood depends on wages, especially when the dependence is total and immediate. It is a negatively connoted term used to draw an analogy between slavery and wage labor by focusing on similarities between owning and renting a person. The term wage slavery has been used to criticize economic economic exploitation and social stratification, with the former seen primarily as unequal bargaining power between labor and capital (particularly when workers are paid comparatively low wages, e.g. in sweatshops), and the latter as a lack of workers' self-management, fulfilling job choices and leisure in an economy. The criticism of social stratification covers a wider range of employment choices bound by the pressures of a hierarchical society to perform otherwise unfulfilling work that deprives humans of their "species character" not only under threat of starvation or poverty, but also of social stigma and status diminution. - wikipedia



Image

Image

ImageImage
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Carleas » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:40 pm

unfulfilling work that deprives humans of their "species character" not only under threat of starvation or poverty, but also of social stigma and status diminution.

This is too broad. A person in the state of nature who is forced to hunt for his food, and otherwise subject to no constraints is under "threat of starvation". And any individual living in any social group in which each member is depended upon and expected to contribute to group well-being is under threat of "social stigma and status diminution".

Are you just lamenting the human condition, that we must feed ourselves and rely on others in order to survive? Oh, the injustice!
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi
 
Posts: 5829
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Washington DC, USA

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Uccisore » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:43 pm

Working 9 to 5 at a job you hate for enough money to eat and pay for a place to live certainly sucks compared to laying around jerking off and playing video games all day.

But does it suck compared to any actual, viable, life-sustaining alternative?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8mPuckq ... ure=vmdshb

http://deepfreeze.it/ Curious about corrupt practices in video game journalism? Look no further.
User avatar
Uccisore
The Legitimatizer
 
Posts: 13279
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:14 pm
Location: Deep in the forests of Maine

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:20 pm

Carleas wrote:
unfulfilling work that deprives humans of their "species character" not only under threat of starvation or poverty, but also of social stigma and status diminution.

This is too broad. A person in the state of nature who is forced to hunt for his food, and otherwise subject to no constraints is under "threat of starvation". And any individual living in any social group in which each member is depended upon and expected to contribute to group well-being is under threat of "social stigma and status diminution".

Are you just lamenting the human condition, that we must feed ourselves and rely on others in order to survive? Oh, the injustice!


There is no slavery in nature moreover a person living amongst primitive nature is in full control of their lives versus the so called civilized in contrast. They hunt or gather their own food, manufacture their own tools, produce their own necessities and make their own shelter. Compare and contrast that to the co dependency monopoly of civilization.

Yes, especially if that social group is tyrannical, repressive, oppressive, and enslaving. [Which is a representation of all civilization across the entire planet.]

Technically in modern civilization nobody feeds themselves as nobody hunts, gathers, or grows their own food for the most part.

There is nothing terrible about group co dependency except when there is too much of it to the point that individuals come to have no will or independence of their own. When that happens is when co dependency becomes enslaving.
Last edited by Mictlantecuhtli on Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:24 pm

Uccisore wrote:Working 9 to 5 at a job you hate for enough money to eat and pay for a place to live certainly sucks compared to laying around jerking off and playing video games all day.

But does it suck compared to any actual, viable, life-sustaining alternative?


Yes, notice how you outlined a scenario that is against a person's will in your example above.

I don't understand your question. Can you be more specific?
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:56 pm

I think joker just wants someone to take care of him.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25932
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:08 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:I think joker just wants someone to take care of him.


I think you're annoying where you never listen to anything that others have to say.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:11 am

You'll notice in this thread I don't very much give credence to condemning such slavery or offering any solutions to it.

No, my focus and aim of this thread is merely to provide evidence that it exists. The other things attached to the subject does not concern me.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:07 am

Most people who are the kinds of "slaves" that you're talking about are so usually as a result of their own choices.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25932
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:23 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:Most people who are the kinds of "slaves" that you're talking about are so usually as a result of their own choices.


Typical upper class drivel.

Back in the day they would enslave people because they were deemed inferior human beings, today we enslave people because they brought it on themselves due to inferior choices. Same bullshit response.
Of course that presumes that the choices spoken about in society and civilization are theirs or even real to begin with.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby UglyGirl26 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:26 am

It makes no sense other than for Royalty.
While everyone else needs paper and coin money to survive, there are royal families sitting on underground treasures.

Ask yourself why you are a serf and serving in their army.

I won't do any of it, so I sit around the house doing nothing but having the desire to leave this country and live someplace quite a bit nicer and much richer.
Last edited by UglyGirl26 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
UglyGirl26
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:57 pm

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:27 am

UglyGirl26 wrote:It makes no sense other than for Royalty.
While everyone else needs paper and coin money to survive, there are royal families sitting on underground treasures.

Ask yourself why you are a serf and serving in their army.


Yes, we call that wealth inheritance. Most people go through the motions because all of human civilization is bred in captivity, some much more worse than others of course.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby uglypeoplefucking » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:42 am

HaHaHa wrote:Back in the day they would enslave people because they were deemed inferior human beings, today we enslave people because they brought it on themselves due to inferior choices. Same bullshit response.


i sort of agree with you. Like you say, it is the same response: They might as well be enslaved because they are inferior / they didn't make the right choices. But slavery is a malleable term that lends itself to hyperbole, of which you are probably a bit guilty. In any case you're right, there is a sense in which doing menial tasks for lousy pay all day long is slavish and dehumanizing, and the fact that rich people get even richer as a result of people doing menial tasks for lousy pay all day long demonstrates that certain types of slavery are alive and well.
i am brilliant, you are stupid. Therefore, you are wrong.
uglypeoplefucking
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4147
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: throughout

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:02 am

uglypeoplefucking wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:Back in the day they would enslave people because they were deemed inferior human beings, today we enslave people because they brought it on themselves due to inferior choices. Same bullshit response.


i sort of agree with you. Like you say, it is the same response: They might as well be enslaved because they are inferior / they didn't make the right choices. But slavery is a malleable term that lends itself to hyperbole, of which you are probably a bit guilty. In any case you're right, there is a sense in which doing menial tasks for lousy pay all day long is slavish and dehumanizing, and the fact that rich people get even richer as a result of people doing menial tasks for lousy pay all day long demonstrates that certain types of slavery are alive and well.


Modern slavery in the west especially isn't the same kind of slavery of the past. I wouldn't make that assertion.

I would say that today's slavery is more evolved and profound by comparison to yesterday's slavery.

Like anything else it has adapted, evolved, and changed overtime with our environment.

I created this thread because what I find interesting especially in the west is the denial such slavery even exists at all hence the title of this thread. The typical narrative governments of the west even though unfounded and without evidence is that everybody possesses freedom equally. I mean, how nonsensical and nonconforming to reality is that?

We all know that is total bullshit but the public goes along with that narrative nonetheless in affirming it as truth.

It's all rather unbelievable. It is that public and societal deniability that I find the most interesting.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby surreptitious57 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:28 am

UglyGirl26 wrote:
While everyone else needs paper and coin money to survive there are royal families sitting on underground treasures

Living in a goldfish bowl from the day you are born till the day you die is also a form of slavery. Of course those who
do this get used to it but at least I can go where I want without the world following me everywhere. But there again
if I had been born into it my perspective might be some what different. So then making value judgements about the
experiences of others when one has no personal point of reference for them is a tad superfluous. My own solution to
slavery is to work within the limitations that I have imposed upon me and not to worry too much about anything else
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:56 am

HaHaHa wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:Most people who are the kinds of "slaves" that you're talking about are so usually as a result of their own choices.


Typical upper class drivel.

Back in the day they would enslave people because they were deemed inferior human beings, today we enslave people because they brought it on themselves due to inferior choices. Same bullshit response.
Of course that presumes that the choices spoken about in society and civilization are theirs or even real to begin with.



That sounds great but I'm not from some upper class. Neither are most people. And most people at least recognize that to an extent, one's station in life is determined by his own choices.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25932
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Uccisore » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:32 am

HaHaHa wrote:Yes, notice how you outlined a scenario that is against a person's will in your example above.


The mere fact that we can only survive within a very narrow band of temperatures and have to eat food, drink water, and sleep every day makes it virtually guarenteed that most of us will spend a good portion of our day doing things against our will.

Given that you really cannot lay around doing nothing or goofing off all day (without relying on other people feeding, watering, and sheltering you against their will), is being a 'wage slave' really so bad compared to alternatives that result in people having what they need?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8mPuckq ... ure=vmdshb

http://deepfreeze.it/ Curious about corrupt practices in video game journalism? Look no further.
User avatar
Uccisore
The Legitimatizer
 
Posts: 13279
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:14 pm
Location: Deep in the forests of Maine

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:56 pm

Uccisore wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:Yes, notice how you outlined a scenario that is against a person's will in your example above.


The mere fact that we can only survive within a very narrow band of temperatures and have to eat food, drink water, and sleep every day makes it virtually guarenteed that most of us will spend a good portion of our day doing things against our will.

Given that you really cannot lay around doing nothing or goofing off all day (without relying on other people feeding, watering, and sheltering you against their will), is being a 'wage slave' really so bad compared to alternatives that result in people having what they need?


There's a difference and you know that. Things of nature are out of our control existentially versus what we do to each other is in our control a majority of the time.

You're just making up excuses as to why working for others in co dependency is a good thing, why wage slavery is necessary, and as to why a command economy is perfectly justified. A plantation owner trying explain why having a plantation is perfectly reasonable and necessary.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:58 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:Most people who are the kinds of "slaves" that you're talking about are so usually as a result of their own choices.


Typical upper class drivel.

Back in the day they would enslave people because they were deemed inferior human beings, today we enslave people because they brought it on themselves due to inferior choices. Same bullshit response.
Of course that presumes that the choices spoken about in society and civilization are theirs or even real to begin with.



That sounds great but I'm not from some upper class. Neither are most people. And most people at least recognize that to an extent, one's station in life is determined by his own choices.


Mr. daytrader that goes on vacation almost every month isn't a part of idle leisure upper class? :lol:

You submit choices where there are none since the game was rigged a long time ago.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:05 pm

In regard to labor, two systems obtain: one that of slave labor, the other that of free labor. Of the two, the first is, in our judgment, except so far as the feelings are concerned, decidedly the least oppressive. If the slave has never been a free man, we think, as a general rule, his sufferings are less than those of the free laborer at wages. As to actual freedom, one has just about as much as the other. The laborer at wages has all the disadvantages of freedom and none of its blessings, while the slave, if denied the blessings, is freed from the disadvantages.

We are no advocates of slavery. We are as heartily opposed to it as any modern abolitionist can be. But we say frankly that, if there must always be a laboring population distinct from proprietors and employers, we regard the slave system as decidedly preferable to the system at wages.

It is no pleasant thing to go days without food; to lie idle for weeks, seeking work and finding none; to rise in the morning with a wife and children you love, and know not where to procure them a breakfast; and to see constantly before you no brighter prospect than the almshouse.

Yet these are no infrequent incidents in the lives of our laboring population. Even in seasons of general prosperity… we have seen hundreds of people in a not very populous village, in a wealthy portion of our common country, suffering for the want of the necessaries of life, willing to work and yet finding no work to do. Many and many is the application of a poor man for work, merely for his food, we have seen rejected. These things are little thought of, for the applicants are poor; they fill no conspicuous place in society, and they have no biographers.


Chattel Slavery vs. Wage Slavery (Orestes A. Brownson), Boston Quarterly Review 3 (1840): 368-370.

Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:18 pm

Image
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:52 pm

In 1865 the US formally “abolished slavery” with the ratification of the 13th Amendment. The text of the 13th reads as follows:

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

That’s seriously it. Just that. Basically a resigned, “Alright guys, party’s over. No more slavin’ for us”. It even includes an “except”, because hey, there are always exceptions.

It is 2015. Slavery has only been explicitly ‘outlawed’ for the last 150 years. The historical momentum of slavery and the slave trade still informs the mentality of elites today because of its sheer ubiquity and depth as an economic system. Enslavement is a technique/technology wielded by institutions. Like any technique/technology, improvements and innovations outmode prior models and methods. When automobiles became prolific, horse-drawn carriages were banned from the roadway. This would not be called the “abolition of traffic”.

Slavery upgraded from an overt system to a covert system. Plantations were replaced by ‘plants’ and factories. Captains of industry are captains of industry: slave owners were business leaders, moguls, empire-builders, who arranged systems of human employment designed to maintain and reinforce their positions as the elite. Obviously. A free and endless supply of laborers helps to maximize and centralize revenue. They “put people to work”, they were “job creators”. The overt system of African slave labor built the infrastructure of a more insidious and covert wage slavery system. When the 13th Amendment was ratified and slaveholders lost their ability under the law to “create jobs” and “put people to work” in the old way, they simply used the wealth they had amassed from exploiting slave labor to tweak the process and procedure of slave-taking into something more accommodating. A “soft slavery” was demanded and provided, economic enslavement not imposed by physical brutality and violence, not limited to one marginalized group of humans determined by the melanin lottery, not upheld by tenuous and illusory racial divisions, but an all-inclusive and surreptitious slavery, a slavery that masquerades with the affectations of free will.

A lot of us are told from childhood that we can do anything we want, be the person we want to be, as long as we set our minds to it. But that’s not the reality, and our elders know it. With childlike clarity and keenness, we may even subconsciously recognize that the lesson, though designed to be encouraging, is dishonest. We see that they are unhappy about their contractually obligated investment of time, five days a week, to a gig that is for them personally unfulfilling and spiritually draining. Our work becomes uninspired because of the repetition and boredom. Tedium decays the physical brain until over time we begin to resemble the lobotomized automata that the elites’ wet dreams consist of. People do what has to be done. Work is about survival. They may have gone out of their way to get an education, a certification of some kind that qualifies them to work in a particular field, (“work in a particular field” calls to mind some slave imagery, doesn’t it?) and the work itself may even be enjoyable, but it is always performed at the expense of other things. The maintenance of relationships, creative endeavors, and free time most importantly. Time to do nothing, time to vegetate.

Call it Capitalism if you like. A rose by any other name still has the thorns. The label isn’t as important as the recognition of the fact that the constraints of modern civilization are as inhibiting as chains were in the past, and worse, modern chains are invisible, buoyant. We’re voluntarily tied to our electronic gadgetry and are as restricted by this technological addiction as slaves once were by lead weights. Mobile phones act as portable traps that capture and cage human consciousness: this is why they’re called “cells”. The endless stream of fast-paced bright lit banal content viewed on shiny plastics that break and fall apart with increasing rapidity is compensation for an existence committed to working toward another human’s agenda, of a life pledged to the fruition and fulfillment of another human’s dream.

Humans are primates. We aren’t designed for doing the same thing in the same way day in and day out. Human beings are creative creatures. An organism designed to design. We’re meant for the exploration of our external environment and our internal imaginative vistas. This rarely includes a timecard.

Lifespans are finite and the hourglass doesn’t stop. Living requires spontaneity. Spontaneity requires the freedom that if you have a 9-5 gig and are a regular tax-filing citizen, you’ve been duped into thinking you’ve got. The first step towards building a future for humanity that recognizes and honors the individual as an end, and not a means to an end, is by acknowledging that we are still enslaved and still subjugated, not so much by the elites as by their systems; and systems, unlike humans, are bulletproof.

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.”
— Albert Camus


http://disinfo.com/2015/01/wage-cage-slaves/

Image
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:02 pm

Image
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: The Slavery That Does Not Exist Yet Does Anyway.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:06 pm

A new study has found that there is no state in the U.S. where a worker can survive on anything less than $14 an hour; and in some states, employees would have to work more than one hundred hours a week to live on the current minimum wage. Overall, Americans have to work 93.1 hours a week at the minimum wage to earn a living wage.


http://occupydemocrats.com/2015/10/13/w ... ends-meet/
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Next

Return to Society, Government, and Economics



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users