Food preservation gone wild

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Moderator: Uccisore

Re: Food preservation gone wild

Postby Moreno » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:26 pm

Preservatives have been shown to lead to, exacerbate
Asthma
Hyperactivity
Cancer
Heart tissue damage
Neurological problems
FAtigue
Headaches
Allergies

just to name some of the big problems with them.

It makes sense. Preservatives lock down organic processes. We are organic processes. So they will tend to inhibit stuff, that like, life does, being life.
Moreno
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:30 pm

Moreno wrote:Preservatives have been shown to lead to, exacerbate
Asthma
Hyperactivity
Cancer
Heart tissue damage
Neurological problems
FAtigue
Headaches
Allergies

just to name some of the big problems with them.

It makes sense. Preservatives lock down organic processes. We are organic processes. So they will tend to inhibit stuff, that like, life does, being life.
One mouthful of a preservative-ridden food stuff and I feel like I'm shutting down.

There are more (hidden) chemicals than ever before in our foods, and E numbers are alive and well but under the guise of calcium/etc. compounds to make them sound natural and therefore harmless/acceptable.
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:29 am

Day 2 of my self-enforced liver cleanse using milk thistle, and my noisy abdomen has kept me awake all night, so even after taking the first capsule only yesterday evening has had an effect, so can't wait to see what the second tablet will do to me :shock:

MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Kriswest » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:27 pm

You would think a straight shot of 100 proof vodka once a day would cleanse :)
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby One Liner » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:46 pm

I worked on a lettuce farm when I was funding my education (we were sprayed with chemicals as we worked).
One Liner
Thinker

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Glyphosphate?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby One Liner » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:03 pm

chlorpyrifos and copper based fungicides
One Liner
Thinker

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:43 pm

Sounds tasty.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby One Liner » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:27 am

I couldn't eat lettuce for a decade after because I new the smell and taste of these.
One Liner
Thinker

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:38 am

Lettuce isn't supposed to be food. Some people back in the day knew there weren't enough cows and chickens for everyone so they were like, "hey everyone try this lettuce it's so good and it's good for you" which they knew was totally a lie. Then they kept all the cows and chickens for themselves and ate them in private as not to be lynched by an angry mob of people being fed lettuce. Same with onions.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby One Liner » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:09 am

They didn't need to eat them in private (people who eat lettuce don't have enough strength to form a lynch mob).
One Liner
Thinker

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:21 am

You might be right.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby One Liner » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:58 am

Nevertheless, I am still concerned about all those chemicals I inhaled and injested 30 years ago.
One Liner
Thinker

Postby Kriswest » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:54 am

Look into natural system cleansers. Plants, minerals , vitamins. Nature produces some powerful medicines.
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby One Liner » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:35 am

Water is generally the best cleanser.
One Liner
Thinker

Postby Kriswest » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:10 pm

Generally but, chemicals trapped inside can be nuetralized or removed with help from natural products
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby One Liner » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:55 pm

I am not sure that I am that attached to my own life to expend the energy (emotional, mental and physical) to cleanse my body of all the chemicals that are trapped in it.
One Liner
Thinker

Postby MagsJ » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:11 pm

Kriswest wrote:Look into natural system cleansers. Plants, minerals , vitamins. Nature produces some powerful medicines.

Milk thistle...
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:16 am

I have finally (after all these years of being neglected by the NHS) been admitted to a dietician clinic, to get help in expanding my limited diet, and in avoiding ALL chemically-enhanced foods. But the chronic fatigue clinic is the one I'm excited about.. knowing that an intolerance to chemicals causes IBD and CF, which causes anaemia and malnutrition (and a whole host of other ailments via a domino effect of unfortunate circumstances) gives reassurance.
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:22 pm

'Hibernation' would sum up the symptoms and feelings correctly, but I would never have thought it could actually be that... hibernation triggered by negative environmental factors to ensure survival... Something to bring up at CF clinic come first appointment time.

I guess I need to channel less nematode

image.png
image.png (255.1 KiB) Viewed 741 times

image.png
image.png (247.44 KiB) Viewed 741 times
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:37 pm

Current thoughts since yesterday:

So.. the condition went from being called ME to CF, and now it's gonna be called HH.. or some other such human hibernation term.

If they want CF sufferers to take part in their research trials, they should pay us.. because the lower quality of life we suffer and have to endure is man-made. They should be obligated under such circumstances.. and pay for our luxury bubble pads as standard.
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:56 pm

Some are saying that it is too soon to say whether the changes (hibernation) is a cause or an effect of CF. hmmm :-k
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Kriswest » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:23 am

How many decades have they been asking for donations to help fund cancer research to find the cure? I know they have been asking since I was young and now I am in my fifties. At the very least 60 years of worldwide scientists "researching" the cures for cancer , I would guess quite likely 100 years of research. Radiation therapy and surgery are the best bets so far???? Really? Now take cancer or tumor treatments for animals. I have used DMSO to cure rumors and cancers for animals sometimes by itself and sometimes with another medication.
My point: therapy with a set treatment is profitable when it comes to humans. Hospitals invest in radiation and the machines that are astronomically expensive. All the treatments are investments. A true cure would not be profitable in the long run.
If you expect research to figure out yours,, girl ,, you have a wait because archaic medicine is profitable. Oh sure every decade or so they drop in new hope. I might suggest going away from mainstream medicine. There are some honest few , too few doctors that publish and try to truly help.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby tentative » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:17 am

If people would pull their heads out, irradiation of ALL foods is the answer regardless organic, GMO, or plain 'ol garden variety. But eat foods exposed to radioactive materials? We're all gonna die! Horsepucky. Irradiation has been around for a long time but is rarely used because of the fear of becoming radioactive. More horsepucky.

Take a look: http://www.fda.gov/Food/ResourcesForYou ... 261680.htm
IGAYRCCFYVM
Sorry, arguing with the ignorant is like trying to wrestle with a jellyfish. No matter how many tentacles you cut off there are always more, and there isn't even a brain to stun. - Maia

I don't take know for an answer.
tentative

Postby One Liner » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:35 am

Peter Parker became Spiderman after he was bitten by a radioactive spider and so does that mean Tentative will become Brocciliman after eating some radioactive Broccoli?
Attachments
image.png
image.png (101.1 KiB) Viewed 682 times
One Liner
Thinker

PreviousNext

Return to Society, Government, and Economics