Why Social Democracy? An Issue of Public Choice

I’d like to discuss the matter of social democracy regarding the quality and quantity of citizens making decisions in society.

Let us consider that society is important because it is qualitatively composed of people.

Let us consider that on a quantitative basis, no person is inferior of any other. 1 = 1. Therefore, nobody can compel anyone else’s lifestyle to change.

Now, let us consider that multiple people hold position A, and a single person holds position B. 2 > 1.

Does this mean the single holder of position B is compelled to comply with position A?

My understanding is there are two ways of looking at the issue.

The first way is, “No. Compelling the single holder of position B would be hypocritical. It is the quality of personhood which defines society’s legitimacy. Compelling the single holder of person B would deny that quality such that the multiple holders of position A would be irrelevant.”

The second is, “Yes. The quality of personhood is what entitles people to hold positions with legitimacy, but on top of quality is a characteristic of quantity. Larger quantities are more important that lesser quantities, so larger qualified quantities may compel lesser qualified quantities.”

Can anyone please reconcile these perspectives for me? I would be greatly appreciative.