Is Google Gay?

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: Is Google Gay?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:30 pm

I was pretending like I did. I voted for Obama for only one reason, because his budget is better for my student loans. Romney would eliminate my interest subsidy and possibly create some kind of way to actually accurately determine how much money I make and force me to pay em all back. Obama would just take my word that I don't have any,(leaving me free to spend it as I wish on vacations and whatnot), then allow me the subsidy and create a new repayment plan which over time will cancel about 1/3 of the amount I'm allegedly responsible for paying. Possibly more. So in the end, the real reason I voted for Obama is because he essentially bribed me with 20-30 grand.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby SIATD v2 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Stop pretending that you don't give a fuck.
It's like going to heaven and finding God smokin' crack!
Magsj wrote:I met a guy who abhorred all authority figures but he was lovely ergo.. the two can go together.
SIATD v2
One Man Pussy Riot

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:56 pm

Let's be real man I don't actually know anyone who gets welfare or food stamps of any kind of housing voucher.

But yeah I do give a fuck. To the extent that taking care of the downtrodden means keeping me from having to see them. I totally care.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby anon » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:09 am

Smears wrote:Who the hell is Ed Miliband?

Anon, I've found some strange things on google too. I can't understand them. Go to google and just type in icanreadwikipedia and look at what comes up. That's nuts dude.

You're right, Smears. Totally nuts.
"Distraction is the only thing that consoles us for our miseries, and yet it is itself the greatest of our miseries." - Blaise Pascal

"The bombs we plant in each other are ticking away." - Edward Yang

"To a fly that likes the smell of putrid / Meat the fragrance of sandalwood is foul. / Beings who discard Nirvana / Covet coarse Samsara's realm." - Saraha
anon
ILP Legend

Postby anon » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:10 am

brevel_monkey wrote:
Apparently, nobody has thought of the obvious - a simple positive feedback loop. If something is asked slightly more than something else, then Google will suggest that question more often. And people will click on provocative suggestions. They didn't think of it themselves - it was suggested to them.

Or am I missing something?

No I think you've hit the nail on the head. Although I wonder if they didn't think about, or they simply left it out to try and hide the fact that they were writing an article about absolutely nothing at all.

Good point, Brevel.
"Distraction is the only thing that consoles us for our miseries, and yet it is itself the greatest of our miseries." - Blaise Pascal

"The bombs we plant in each other are ticking away." - Edward Yang

"To a fly that likes the smell of putrid / Meat the fragrance of sandalwood is foul. / Beings who discard Nirvana / Covet coarse Samsara's realm." - Saraha
anon
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:12 am

anon wrote:
Smears wrote:Who the hell is Ed Miliband?

Anon, I've found some strange things on google too. I can't understand them. Go to google and just type in icanreadwikipedia and look at what comes up. That's nuts dude.

You're right, Smears. Totally nuts.

Someone on a forum someplace started a thread about that a long time ago it's been that way for years.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Previous

Return to Society, Government, and Economics