Alternative News. Activist Post, Alex Jones, And Others.

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Moderator: Uccisore

Re: Alternative News. Activist Post, Alex Jones, And Others

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:23 pm

Abstract wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote: continuation of this conversation would be pointless.

I don't think it has gone that far yet...

I was not talking about the thread in general.

I have been watching some Alex Jones videos yesterday, and he really is an ape. I don't believe he is capable of rational thought (but then few are). Some of his assertions are somewhat believable, such as that 9-11 was an inside job. You just have to ask Lenins question "who benefits the most?" to come up with that. But he probably did not come up with it himself.

An example of his apish thinking: because there were a lot of freemasons participating in the French Revolution, and he hates the masons, the meaning of the term "French Revolution" is reduced to rhetorical leverage to his anti-mason tirades. It does not occur to him that the revolution accomplished exactly what he thinks he is fighting for in America: citizens rights.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

Thunderbolt steers all things.
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Gobbo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:00 pm

Alex Jones, about 99% of the time, just reads the news.

10% of the time he says some semi-guessing bullshit shit.

I'd say about 50% of the time he's yelling and getting emotional.

Doesn't change the fact that 99% of the time he's just reading the news.

This is a common tactic/psychology for naysayers that I've seen over the years. Someone will either type out, or say (like in a video) say about 20 minutes of factual analysis. The person who doesn't want to wake up will have skim through it (maybe for 1 show), find 1 minute of something they don't like/is wrong and then use that one thing to try and discredit everything else that was said. The stuff that can still be validated without leaning on the one dubious comment the person chooses to put the entire argument on. Most of the people doing this are aware of the rules of logic.

But hey, they're trying to find any excuse not to wake up.
Gobbo
Choronzon

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:16 am

Old_Gobbo wrote:Alex Jones, about 99% of the time, just reads the news.

10% of the time he says some semi-guessing bullshit shit.

I'd say about 50% of the time he's yelling and getting emotional.

Doesn't change the fact that 99% of the time he's just reading the news.

This is a common tactic/psychology for naysayers that I've seen over the years. Someone will either type out, or say (like in a video) say about 20 minutes of factual analysis. The person who doesn't want to wake up will have skim through it (maybe for 1 show), find 1 minute of something they don't like/is wrong and then use that one thing to try and discredit everything else that was said. The stuff that can still be validated without leaning on the one dubious comment the person chooses to put the entire argument on. Most of the people doing this are aware of the rules of logic.

But hey, they're trying to find any excuse not to wake up.

Or you are just trying to find an excuse to wake up. Who can tell? From where I stand you are sleeping. But from where you are I might as wel be saying zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... (given that you've not responded to anything I really wrote, such as my polite and even humble request that you share some of the secrets you've learned)

That French Revolution bit is really stupid though, you have to admit.
Also, the American revolution was in large part done by masons.
Now what the hell is this Jones complaining about? He wants the rights given to him by the masons - he wants the masons gone -- what? Whatever man, I just can't be listening to this illogical nonsense.

I'm just too critical I guess, that shit doesn't play.
- Thucydides

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Gobbo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:43 am

Yeah... if you were really critical you'd see the role Jones actually plays. But that's a whole other discussion.

Like I said before, there are masons and then there are the people in question running around within the upper eschelons of masonry, using it. Yes, if we look back over the years we can find some arguably good stuff that masons did. No one is denying that.

Or you are just trying to find an excuse to wake up. Who can tell? From where I stand you are sleeping.

I doubt you believe that.
Gobbo
Choronzon

Postby Abstract » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:29 am

Both of you...

I havn't watched a whole lot of Alex Jones...I've seen a few of his things...but i think it is important to think of people like that as idea people...they often tout that what they say is true or definite...that is the mistake...rather some of the things they present might be possible...in that case it is worth investigating... Just because someone hasn't got the education that doesn't mean you shouldn't investigate where they can't...of course that depends on just how silly the idea is I guess... Although I don't know that Alex Jones is like that, some of what he has said i agree with...like that he isn't against the supper rich over-control...but then the other half i have seen is rather out there and not even logical... but I think i have only seen about 3 videos by him
Love is the gravity of the soul.
Abstract
Philosopher

Postby Gobbo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:26 am

they often tout that what they say is true or definite...that is the mistake...rather some of the things they present might be possible

Gobbo
Choronzon

Postby Abstract » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:05 pm

Old_Gobbo wrote:
they often tout that what they say is true or definite...that is the mistake...rather some of the things they present might be possible

8-[ oh...yeah
Love is the gravity of the soul.
Abstract
Philosopher

Postby TheJoker » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:08 am

WASHINGTON (AFP) - President Barack Obama's former top economic advisor warned Sunday of a new recession, attacking the recent US credit downgrade as an unwarranted piling on atop an already weak economy.

Larry Summers, former chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisors, joined the Obama administration in criticizing Standard & Poor's first-ever downgrade of the US credit rating from AAA to AA+.

Summers insisted the country could pay its bills and repeated allegations from administration officials that S&P's decision to downgrade was linked to a $2 trillion error in its calculations and its use of a faulty baseline.

"S&P's track record has been terrible and its arithmetic has been worse," he told the CNN political talk show "State of the Union."

Summers said the major credit ratings agency acted out of "unhappiness with the solutions that are coming out of Congress for critical economic problems," but added that "the United States is going to pay its debts."

He went on to say, however, that rather than blame the S&P, US leaders should focus on speeding up the economic recovery, getting Americans back to work and avoiding a dreaded double-dip recession.1

He also defended Obama's $800 billion 2009 stimulus package, saying: "There's certainly a risk of recession, but God knows if we had not pursued these policies, we would be looking at another version of what happened in the 1930s," referring to the Great Depression.

The United States has struggled to recover from its worst downturn in decades, the 2008-2009 recession triggered by the burst of a housing bubble.

S&P argued that the direction of the country's debt load and rising fiscal deficits meant it could no longer be included among the world's most risk-worthy sovereign borrowers.

Critics have cited S&P's various upbeat assessments of companies and debt instruments weeks before they failed -- including the packaged mortgage securities that sparked the 2008 financial collapse.

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/08/ex- ... .html#more
I am a humble disciple of chaos. Who wants to join me? A-N-A-R-C-H-Y!

From the Satanic tips of my pen do I write what is on my mind. The internet is my Azazel.

Life is a chess game. Why do I feel like somebody elses pawn?

http://knowthyself.forumotion.net/
TheJoker
Antintellectual

Postby Moreno » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:12 am

For conspiracy interested...
Osama Bin Ladin is supposedly killed in Pakistan. Despite both the importance of and ease of identifying him - he has a huge family in Saudi Arabia - he is buried at sea. If he is buried anywhere else, his body can be exhumed, if necessary.

Now at least many of the people who were in the raid that supposedly killed him are now dead....

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/08/ ... 06117.html

WASHINGTON -- The Associated Press has learned that more than 20 Navy SEALs from the unit that killed Osama bin Laden were among those lost in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan.
Moreno
ILP Legend

Postby TheJoker » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:26 am

Moreno wrote:For conspiracy interested...
Osama Bin Ladin is supposedly killed in Pakistan. Despite both the importance of and ease of identifying him - he has a huge family in Saudi Arabia - he is buried at sea. If he is buried anywhere else, his body can be exhumed, if necessary.

Now at least many of the people who were in the raid that supposedly killed him are now dead....

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/08/ ... 06117.html

WASHINGTON -- The Associated Press has learned that more than 20 Navy SEALs from the unit that killed Osama bin Laden were among those lost in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan.

Weird, right? That doesn't strike me as conspiracy at all...... 8)

From the Satanic tips of my pen do I write what is on my mind. The internet is my Azazel.

TheJoker
Antintellectual

Postby TheJoker » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:04 am

Even as it finds itself still embroiled in Libya, NATO is preparing to launch a military assault on Syria in order to create a beachhead for a future attack on Iran, claims Russia’s envoy to NATO Dmitry Rogozin.

“The planning [of the military campaign] is well underway. It could be a logical conclusion of those military and propaganda operations, which have been carried out by certain Western countries against North Africa,” Rogozin said in an interview with the Izvestia newspaper published on Friday.

The envoy added that attacks on Syria and Yemen were part of a build-up focused around regime change in Iran.

“The noose around Iran is tightening. Military planning against Iran is underway. And we are certainly concerned about an escalation of a large-scale war in this huge region,” Rogozin said.

Rogozin has been known to make embellished statements about NATO’s military adventurism in the past, so whether there will actually be an intervention in Syria remains to be seen.
A d v e r t i s e m e n t

Moscow has consistently warned NATO not to meddle in Syria, saying the country should be left to resolve its own problems as violence that has killed 1,600 civilians since March continues to plague the country.

Speculation surrounding an attack Iran, which Rogozin claims is the long term goal of the assault on Syria, has peaked in recent weeks.

Efforts by Palestinian leaders to achieve full statehood, set to be heard by the United Nations in early September, has prompted speculation that Israel is planning a surgical strike against Iran’s nuclear facilities in September as a means of distracting from and ultimately derailing the prospect of such an agreement.

Last month, former CIA agent Robert Baer said that comments made by former Mossad head Meir Dagan “tell us with near certainty that Netanyahu is planning an attack, and in as much as I can guess when it’s going to be, it’s probably going to be in September before a vote on the Palestinian state.”

http://www.infowars.com/russian-envoy-n ... yria-iran/

TheJoker
Antintellectual

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:12 pm

Regarding the helicopter attack, that was also my first reaction (and I agree with the interpretation of "Osama" being buried at sea) but now they're claiming that the people who did kill , eh, whoever it was, were not in the helicopter.

Let's consider though that war is per definition dirty, secretive and has nothing to do with noble government representing social virtues. It's one big sacrifice of life and truth in order to gain resources and sell weapons.

Whatever it was that they did or didn't do in Abottabad, it's hopefully an excuse to begin to withdraw some troops and close a chapter. All the pipelines are in place it seems.
- Thucydides

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:32 pm

- Thucydides

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Previous

Return to Society, Government, and Economics