WAR

In the abstract of course I completely agree. But what do you do when someone is killing your family in front of your eyes? If only it were as easy as you make it sound.

War isn’t childish as most children don’t engage in war, maybe horrible and nonsensical.

Really good point. Maybe we should all be a little more child-like.

Of course, I still wouldn’t trust a child with an assault weapon.

People who disagree, but aren’t killing or fighting with each other are often participants in a tacit treaty. I’ve been thinking about this for a while. Both sides are out to increase utility for themseves, but what they really end up doing, is deciding not to kill one another, because deciding that is the only way for the two parties to be assured that there will at least be a minimum level of utility left in the worst case scenario. I dunno. I think I’m gonna write a paper about this.

I guess this comment was both unthoughtful, forgetful and stupid on my part. Plenty of children are forced into war worldwide, they make up a significant part of armed forces worldwide.

war is the natural state of affairs.

carving one’s place in the world is a war.

-Imp

War…HUH…what is it good for?

Absolutley nothing!!

I like jackie chan’s version better

-Imp

Wah…huh…wat iz i goo foa?

Absoruly nafin!!!

War is so bound up in human nature its hard to talk about it in any type of simplistic terms.

But so is peace Cyrene.

peace is death and decay

-Imp

Death and decay brings new life.

no, life begets life.

-Imp

Well dead bodies in the forest make the trees grow taller.

no, that’s just a matter of perception…

if the bodies were leaning against the trees, the trees would appear diminished…

-Imp

But reality is perception, and they’re not leaning against the trees.

but the trees now all get equal by hatchet, axe, and saw…

-Imp

Maybe on the outside, but inside they know that they’re stronger because of the corpses.

inside they are trembling from the flock of woodpeckers…

-Imp