When is our renaissance???

Now what…what….what is it about people and immigrants that flee, and run hundred and even thousands of miles for a better life. A better life? My father my mother, immigrants of mexico. They work and they work to put food on our plates. Do they know what their doing? Do they know or do they have to? Do they want or are they forced? Man they come to the u.s. with nothing and get crappy jobs and shit from people who don’t want them here but they keep on going. They want to give their sons and daughters a chance to have a dream and be happy. Damn it, just live the “American dream”. And its up to the future to me, to you, to the new humans being born every day to change the world for our future generations. To make a difference, to fucking get ride of those jobs that are parents where forced to do for our well being. )

So I went to class not knowing what to write about (some cause and effect crap), and this guy come in talking about how automatic tellers are bad for society. What!? How are they bad for society? Of course people will loose jobs, but people must move on. People…society must begin to evolve. Who are you trying to please?! Humans must evolve and go onto better things. Not necessarily higher paying jobs but jobs that will affect the future. That will make life better for us and our future generations. If people continue to get angry over losing there 5.15 dollar an hour jobs, that require absolutely no freaking brains, then we will not evolve. I see this all over or country all over my city. Why is it??? Why is it about America??? What is it about the world??? Are we in a world of duh??? Is this some kind of a dry spell??? When is our renaissance???

Chuco_Boy

Don’t be too hasty in your judgements.

The way I read it is that you Mexicans set a good example to the Americans. That’s why many yanks are against you, because you people actually practise family values, whereas the yanks only pay lip-service to the concept!

So tell me, who’s better off? Right!

Work at it brother!

I don’t codone this attitude in the least, but it has painfully been the experience of immigrants through out American history. However, typically immigrants are less educated, have bigger families, and bring in an influx of crime to the states. This tends to create distrust and disdain from existing citizens, and makes it difficult for assimilation. It has taken time in the past, and I think that is what is needed now. I commend you for your effort.

Great job generalizing all Americans there. Albeit it seems that Americans are generally hypocrites when it comes to family values, I would dare argue that it is an innacurate assumption based too much on the American media.

The rest of what you stated was pathetic. I have nothing against Mexicans because they practice family values, and of all the people I know, I have yet to hear a bad thing about anyone who espouses hard work and family values. In fact, I have nothing against anyone who works hard, wants a better life, and adheres to a strict moral code. Read my earlier comment. Most people distrust and dislike Mexicans, much like they did the Germans at one point and the Irish at another, is that they tend to live in poorer communities that are eye sores to the established residents, commit more crime, and seem a burden on everyone else. They aren’t entirely founded ideals, but your comment was utterly ridiculous.

Eschew Obfuscation

“Great job generalizing all Americans there.”

That statement is a blatant untruth.

“Albeit it seems that Americans are generally hypocrites when it comes to family values, I would dare argue that it is an innacurate assumption based too much on the American media.”

What does, “I would dare argue that it is an innacurate[sic] assumption based too much on the American media” mean? Speak English or not at all! I’m not here to translate. And learn to spell too!

“The rest of what you stated was pathetic.”

No, in this case it is the reader who is pathetic.

“I have nothing against Mexicans because they practice family values, and of all the people I know, I have yet to hear a bad thing about anyone who espouses hard work and family values. In fact, I have nothing against anyone who works hard, wants a better life, and adheres to a strict moral code.”

That’s what they all say. In other words you’re a wealthy, white, male, middle-class racist.

“Read my earlier comment.”

Fuck your earlier comment! Read it yourself!

“Most people distrust and dislike Mexicans, much like they did the Germans at one point and the Irish at another, is that they tend to live in poorer communities that are eye sores to the established residents, commit more crime, and seem a burden on everyone else. They aren’t entirely founded ideals, but your comment was utterly ridiculous.”

If that isn’t the ignorant view of an out and out racist then what is?

I’m working on it. :wink: