modern day hitler?

do you consider george bush a modern day hitler? i sure as hell do

i somehow figured that when i saw this topic it was going to be hitler he was ol bushy that was being compared to hitler… i think thats being a bit extreme.

hitler - lets kill this innocent person and this innocent person and this innocent person

bush - lets kill this bad person and this bad person and htis bad person… ooops we killed this innocent person and this innocent person.

i dont think he INTENDS to be as much of a bad guy as hitler did.

No, sir, this is where you are wrong. In Hitlers’ eyes; the Jewish, homosexual, metally handicapped, non-Aryan, population were the bad people. You have to know this, Hitler was a good leader and did do what was good, in his eyes, as well as the Nazis’ eyes. I may not think this was a good thing, but can anybody really say what someone though was wrong? And, Bush is doing the same thing. He is just far better at propoganda than Hitler. We got attacked by an Afghanistani terrorist regime, and we went after Iraq’s dictator? After 9-11, Arabs haven’t been treated the same. Bush may say, `Don’t be mean to the Arabs,´ but he doesn’t really mean it, he has killed many terrorists, yes, but non-terrorist Arab troops and civilians, he has killed a great deal more. I don’t think that he as much of an obvious Hitler as the true Hitler was, but he, indeed, is a leader that is bringing the American morale up, and is doing bad, while making it seem as if though it were good.

~After Death~

awwe, you know im bad, im bad, you know it (background) real real bad.

is that what hitler thought?

Hi,

Firstly, what value is there in comparing anyone to Hitler? It seems to me you are just jumping on the “I hate Bush” bandwagon which is so fashionable these days.

How can you possibly equate these two people?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Hitler and the Nazis systematically exterminated millions and millions of innocent civilians by virtue of the fact that they were Jews/Homosexuals/Gypsies/Blacks/Slavs/Communists etc. He did not kill them through an act of war, he gassed them, burnt them, mass buried them, experimented on them and any other number of horrific murdering techniques and used them for slaves as well. What Hitler carried out was a genocide of massive proportions. He wiped out a 1/3 of the entire Jewish population of the world. His motivation was ethnic cleansing and the achievement of a “pure race”.

Ok, so you may not like George Bush, but do you seriously believe he’s done anything near to the likes of Hitler. You may not agree with the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq but they were genuine military operations. In the case of Afghanistan it was against the terrorist network Al-Qaeda and the Taliban. Bush even worked with the northern afghanis to rid the land of the oppressive regime. Are you really saying “targeting terrorists” is the same as “exterminating a race of people”?

I can’t even believe I’m arguing this. By comparing Bush to Hitler you are denigrating the memory of those who perished in the Holocaust. You trivialise the Holocaust by bringing it to a level that is in no way similar and that is the biggest crime of your comparison. How dare you suggest that a leader of the free world who is committed to stopping terror and opression in its tracks has any similarities to a dictator who mass murdered millions of members of the human race purely because he didn’t think they were “pure”. It’s offensive and unnecessary.

• ben

Ben,

“How can you possibly equate these two people?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Hitler and the Nazis systematically exterminated millions and millions of innocent civilians by virtue of the fact that they were Jews/Homosexuals/Gypsies/Blacks/Slavs/Communists etc. He did not kill them through an act of war, he gassed them, burnt them, mass buried them, experimented on them and any other number of horrific murdering techniques and used them for slaves as well. What Hitler carried out was a genocide of massive proportions. He wiped out a 1/3 of the entire Jewish population of the world. His motivation was ethnic cleansing and the achievement of a “pure race”.”

This kind of language gets us nowhere. Keep cool, calm and collected. Choosing to respond as you have done in the above example is a mistake. All you are doing is exagerrating and demonising… reminds me a bit of that expression, Weapons of Mass Destruction. Let’s keep things in proportion, eh?

“I can’t even believe I’m arguing this. By comparing Bush to Hitler you are denigrating the memory of those who perished in the Holocaust. You trivialise the Holocaust by bringing it to a level that is in no way similar and that is the biggest crime of your comparison. How dare you suggest that a leader of the free world who is committed to stopping terror and opression in its tracks has any similarities to a dictator who mass murdered millions of members of the human race purely because he didn’t think they were “pure”. It’s offensive and unnecessary.”

This is very unphilosophical stuff…

Please show me where I exaggerated.

• ben

Your entire response seems extreme and overstated.

I will not single out any particular bits.

Fair enough, I can’t force you to support your accusations but we’ll agree then that I didn’t exaggerate any of my points in the post. Everything I said was a true account of Hitler’s actions during the Holocaust. These aren’t contentious issues, they are written down in the chronicles of history.

Perhaps my post was passionate, I’ll agree to that. However, I truly cannot understand how someone would say “I think George Bush is like Hitler” without providing any supporting evidence and think that’s ok. Why tell me my post was “exaggerated” and then when I challenge you on it, say you won’t single out any particular bits?

You say “let’s keep things in proportion”. I wholeheartedly agree with you. Let’s judge George Bush on his merits and demerits and really get to the crux of the matter rather than going around comparing him to famous historical fascists and think that’s some sort of clever thing to say.

• ben

Ben,

I read your post and it struck me that the language itself was inflammatory. This was what I meant when I spoke of exaggeration. I mean, print out a copy of your post, stand up, and read it out aloud to yourself, and listen to how it sounds.

I’m not going to go down that road of arguing with you about what Adolf did or didn’t do. I don’t agree with anti-semitism, whatever form it takes, but I also don’t agree with anti-anti-semitism. That’s a waste of time and energy.

Other than this I am not prepared to discuss the matter with you because I believe that whatever I say you are going to take exception to it in some way or other.

*1-Easy, George W. Bush is a modern Hitler.

*2-Just to finish this list up; he killed Jews, homosexuals, mentally retarded people, handicapped people, gypsies, terminally ill people, Poles, Africans, and Russians.

*3-Actually, here are the real numbers.

–Country(ies)…Starting Population…After Population…% Lost
~Germany------ 566,000-------------- 429,000-------- 24.4%
~Surrounding-- 4,013,500------------ 3,161,280------ 78.7%
~Total Europe-- 9,796,840------------ 5,720,000------ 58.5%
~Total Africa— 1,265,000------------ 16,720----------- 1.3%
~Total World— 23,500,000----------- 6,000,000------- 25.3%

That is about 1/4, not 1/3, my friend, big difference. It’s not like it matters, it’s still a lot of people, just don’t make up numbers, please.

*4-Genuine military operations?!?!? He wanted the damned oil. He’s a Texan oil tycoon and that’s all he wanted. If he really wanted to get rid of terrorism he would have gone into Afghanistan to seek out the terrorists and kill them, he wouldn’t have looked´ for Osama Bin Laden (trained by the CIA, mind you) while killing thousands of civilians. And, he went into Iraq before Afghanistan, how does that work? And he didn't even go after the evil Iraqis, he went after the government. He is a controlling pig. He wants power everywhere, he is all up for propoganda, right after 9-11, 95% of random´ checks were towards people of Middle-Eastern decent, and this was ordered by Bush himself, he then went about saying that we wouldn’t be racist because none of the Middle-Eastern-Americans did anything, but after that most of the `random´ searches still were made towards Middle-Eastern people. Now, tell me he isn’t a Hitler. Hitler’s first course of action was to take the Jews’ rights and property. Bush has skipped this and gone straight to Hitler’s second act, disowning them and embarrasing [sp?] them out of the country. He has brought them all over the news and he has forced checks on them. He is a Hitler with way better propoganda. Even today, people are falling for it. Wake up people, America isn’t all that it is made out to be. History classes teaching the history that is good for the United States. God, the United States is a terrible country, we are the most hated country in the world, we are one of the most corrupt, and our people are the blindest to this fact. In the whole history of the world, we are the only country that has ever dropped an atomic bomb, and we have dropped two. We would rather kill 170,000 innocent people and 5,000 American prisoners of war in Japan, than risk losing our precious army. How is that for you?

~After Death~

It scares me that people think like you do.

What is your source on the numbers who died? I’ve always heard that it was a 1/3 of the world population. There were roughly 6 million who died and the world population was around 17 million in 1939. That’s a third.
us-israel.org/jsource/History/worldpop.html

Ok, now let’s analyse your comparisons with Hitler.

Gee, that Hitler, what an oil tycoon he was! Couldn’t get enough of the stuff.

Yeah, he probably thought the government were the ones running the oppresive regime. What an idiot! He even accused Saddam of being the leader!

Ok, so far our total comparison is

1. Hitler was power hungry
  2. George Bush is power hungry
  3. Hitler = George Bush.

This is going well.

Yeah, it would’ve been much more sensible to target Africans and Polish people. On a serious note it seems you are suggesting Bush is a racist and he deliberately targeted Middle-Eastern people under the disguise of national security. I thought HVD was bad with conspiracy theories!

He isn’t a Hitler.

This is all very quaint, but what has it got to do with Bush? Oh I get it, Bush is responsible for every action that America has ever made. Good argument!

You can jump on the “i hate bush” bandwagon as much as everyone else, but at least have some intelligent criticism to make rather than proving Godwin’s rule and resorting to comparisons with Hitler. It has no value and is just false. Your defining features for comparison were “they both wanted power” and “bush checked middle-eastern people!!! Hitler exterminated millions of peopel!!! THEY BOTH DID STUFF WITH PEOPLE!!!”

• ben

*1-I don’t have the exact citation for it, sorry, switched computers and don’t have the history. Leave your facts be. I won’t use them in this arument then.

*2-Yeah, he thought, he didn’t know. And the government wasn’t running the evil regimes, they were actually doing the opposite, they were fighting them, as Bush claimed to be doing, as he shreded the Iraqi government to pieces because he didn’t like it and he wanted oil. And, for your information, Sadam wasn’t running it.

*3-Actually, we have:

-Hitler was power hungry.
-Bush is power hungry.
-Hitler wanted more land and money.
-Bush wants more land and money.
-Hitler disowned and treated the Jews bad in the beginning.
-Bush is doing the same to the Arabs.
-Hitler was the leader of Germany and used propoganda to get the Aryans on his side.
-Bush is the leader of the USA and is using propoganda against the Arabs.

Now it seems like more, doesn’t it?

*4-He did, and you know it. He is segregating and making a mockery of Middle-Eastern, Arabic people, much as Hitler did to the Jews, homosexuals, Poles, Russians, et cetera

*5-No, he isn’t I am showing how many of our leaders have done this to other races (Japanese concentration/death camps; atom bomb), and this is exactly what Bush is doing as we speak.

You seem to be very fired up about this, eh? lol

~After Death~

I’m no Bush fan, but this is just sensationalized nonesense.

First, the two leaders use propaganda in two very different ways. Bush has said repeatedly that his beef is not with Islam or the Arab people themselves, but with terrorism. Hitler, by contrast, said from the outset that the Jews were an inherently sub-human and evil people group.

Second, if this is all Hitler had done, he would’ve been forgotten as just another two-bit dictator. He’s remembered for killing millions of people, something Bush has not done. That’s Hitler’s biggest crime, and that’s why comparing the two is ridiculous.

The idea that Hitler’s treatment of the Jews was anything like Bush’s treatment of the Arabs is, as Ben said, a gross trivialization of the Holocaust. You need to recognize that just because you don’t like a political leader, because you think their policies are destructive, morally wrong or whatever, that doesn’t give you the liberty to make reckless, emotionally charged and OBVIOUSLY WRONG comparisons. Because you know what we call that? Propaganda.

*1-No, sir, he has fooled you too, I see. He has made thesem seem like they are bad people by going after the many nations in the Middle-East, but he has stated that he doesn’t want us to be against them. He is using this to trick people into thinking he isn’t racist, but he wants you to make that decision for yourself. And Hitler did this, too, but he made the decision for them, and they followed it. Don’t tell me I am wrong about this, because, sir, I obviously am not.

*2-I said, sir, that this was one of Hitler’s first steps, not the only thing he did. He may have slaughtered millions of people, but his first steps were disowning, segregating, and forced immigration, then he killed them. Now, Bush might not have finished this cycle, yet, but he will, eventually. Or, it is possible that it will happen, at the least.

*3-I do disagree with him in next to every way possible, but if you think about what I am telling you, he is a Hitler, in every way, shape, and form.

~After Death~

In order to prove that there’s some grand racist, Nazi-like agenda that Bush has, you’re going to need a better argument than that. You can tell me all you want that you “really know” what’s going on, that I’m being fooled along with the rest of America, but it will get you nowhere because you can’t prove it.

This is ridiculous. You are comparing this guy to Hitler because of something you believe he WILL do?! There’s plenty to criticize about Bush based on what he’s already done. But there’s no reason to compare him to Hitler until he’s actually DONE the things Hitler is infamous for doing. Until you can PROVE, not just assert, that Bush has this grand racist agenda, and that he’s actually capable of exterminating millions of people, you are doing nothing but spinning propaganda. And
propagandists like you give liberals a bad name. Sir.

*1-What did hitler do before he killed the Jews? Exactly what Bush is doing now. Have you ever heard that history repeats itself? Well this record is turning, my friend.

~After Death~

This has went really stupid, for starters, i cant believe Hitler and Bush are been compared.

-Bush has a heart beat
-Hitler used too
-Bush uses the toilet
-Hitler used too
-Bush eat’s bread
-Hitler used too
-Bush is the leader of a government
-Hitler used too

Therefore Bush = Hitler

Your use and abuse of history is shocking.

Amen. You’ve just made a fan outta me, Ben. I couldn’t have said it any better. Where are these 12-year olds getting their ideas?

You guys are fucking ridiculous. Get yourself a textbook and jump off this band-wagon, or at least commit yourself to sincerity. And get laid for God’s sake.