China writes Human Rights report on U.S.

wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=37370

Wow. The problem is, they are right.

You’re right: they’re right. But it’s just mud-slinging. I don’t think that the Chinese authorities have a leg to stand on when it comes to human rights. It’s very easy to criticise; but I think that people suffer fewer infringements of their human rights in the US than they do in China

You know, in Soviet Russia, report reads YOU :unamused: :laughing:.
Seriously, doesn’t it bother you that two former allies have started mud-slinging each other? Isn’t that what happened at the start of the cold war?

cough not really cough

It’s not about less or more …if it is, it bloody well is. If you accept the report to be factual and it is, the Americans have no right to talk about abuse of human rights elsewhere until they get their house in order

Nihilistic…I don’t understand. What did happen?

Wow, I didn’t know. Very interesting that the Chinese would do that.

Obviously, the Chinses can’t really talk when it comes to this issue, but US citizens need to recognized that they don’t sit on as high a horse as they think. For a ‘free’, democratic, affluent western society the US is the worst country in the world. No other developed nation has a terrible a record of disparities in wealth, lack of social programs, terrible voter turnout, the worse infant death rate etc. etc.

The real issue is that you can’t really compare the US to China. It should be compared to Germany, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, France, and even Canada. When the cards are down, the US come out on the bottom.

And don’t even get me started on the horrific record of the US globally in their support for tyranny, dictatorship, deathsquads and murderers - anyone who wasn’t ‘communist’ - during the cold war. (see the entire continent of South America).