What is Love?

Hello. I am writing a research paper on love, and I need some new points of view. The wells of written words are starting to dry up; I need some conversation to keep this topic alive. What exactly is love? (how would you define it) What are its implications? What would happen if everybody loved? I would appreciate any input, especially if it’s good.

Cordially,
Streyhorn

Hey dude, I hope your paper isn’t due yet. I’m curious to know why nobody replied to this. Maybe because this same exact topic was brought up in the Philosophy section, you should check it out, or I can repeat myself. Love is when you are faced with another who appreciates, acknowledges and confirms who you are, so in the end, you love yourself around that person. You don’t love that person. But maybe this point of view is a little cynical, but bear with me, I try. Also it was mentioned that there are 3 types of love; maternal, romantic and Platonic. Did you know that with the rising of capitalism (industrial society, division of labor, and all things associated with it), came along the growth of romantic love? Many more people started writing in their diaries after WWII, and this proves to be self-reflection. When self-reflection is in the picture, the search for reassurance begins.

I also know that there is a thin line between love and hate. I think you can only possibly HATE someone if you LOVED them. Personally, nobody can hurt my feelings. Nobody can piss me off. The trick is to get someone I love, to do something really stupid and mean, and I’ll give 'em hate, easy.

Good luck on yer paper.

Love: a powerful chemical, realised at various time’s at variable degrees causing various mood’s.

Next time you want peoples’ views on a topic, give them something to think about. Your topic should be something like, what does love mean to you? People will respond because there’s that YOU in there and not I, I, I. And also, say in your post that, love is the most stupid thing I’ve seen ever, it brings more pain than happiness, etc., etc., people will respond like anything I’m telling you. :wink: