Peace between India and Pakistan?

Recently talks have begun. Will there be a long lasting peace or will these two countries continue to fight over Cashmere?

I don’t know…the two leaders hugged one another…god knows that hasn’t happened for a while.

NPR said that this was the first time these two leaders had conversed in two years.

I think its pretty interesting that they are in this whole shindig over Kashmier. I mean doesnt Kashmier itself want to seperate from India. And unless im way wrong i dont imagine that Kashmier has anything to offer India except trouble. But thats just my opinoin on me only kowing what i see on CTV NewsNet.

Hi, I think I may be able to add something to this discussion, although it might not be of much worth.

Some of you may know the game of cricket, anyway, India had never played in Pakistan for security reasons until a few weeks ago.

They did go there finally, and from what I heard, the atmosphere was very strange, as there was a cohesion between members of both countries (in the crowd) which is unusual for these teams.

Just a small thing , but it might be symbolic, who knows.

Kashmir is an incredibly beautiful area, before the Brits started all the trouble there, it used to be known all over the world for its natural beauty! Anyway, now, its used as a political tool by both Indians and Pakistanis politicians, its a source of intense nationalistic pride. An approx stat. Pakistan spends something like 16% of its income on defence a year, whereas only 1.2% on education, and all this just for Kashmir !
There have been a few UN resoultions with the aim of deciding the mattere, none of which have been adhered to ! :unamused: Neway, a few cricket matches on, things seem to be looking up, so who knows, in a few yrs time Kashmir might be bak on the tourist map, insha’allah !