Media Sources

What are everyone’s media sources of preference?
Mine are:
Guerrilla News Network
BBC News
Guardian Unlimited
Human Rights Watch
Daily Telegraph j/k lol
Independent Media Center (Very wide ranging this one, has centres across Europe)
MediaLens
MediaChannel

BBC, CNN, The Times, The Financial Times and disinfo.com

oh, and Fox News*

*lolololol

I always found The Times to be rather tendencious towards the political Right (or at least the centre-right), but the business press can be fascinating apparently due to the manner it covers workers in.

i really like artsandletters daily, mcsweeny’s internet tendency (not really that political, but…), washington post, nytimes, wall street journal. and my campus newspaper, but not really political.
metavoid, haven’t you found human rights watch to be a tad bit to exatravagent? they make everything sound as if the world’s crumbling…maybe it’s me, just wondering.,

I used to try and get a different broadsheet every day, apart from the Times which I’ve always found to be a little too simple and right wing for me, but I’ve ended up mainly getting the Telegraph. I find it puts the least amount of bias in its stories and mainly reports the whole range of stories in politics, unlike the Guardian which just doesn’t report some stories, though the Independant is much worse for misrepresentation and ignoring some stories. The only one I’ve never really tried is the FT. While I do find the Telegraph’s columnists to be biased, they at least get a range of them, with some going against what you would normally expect from the paper, I seem to remember one columnist being scathingly anti-Palestinian while the paper itself tends to be fairly pro.

I’ve also been watching a lot more Channel 4 news recently, the Beeb has gone down hill in the last year or so in my perception, it seems to be a Labour stooge most of the time (I know that sounds absurd given the present situation, but that one spat goes against the normal bend over backwardness that the Beeb has shown Labour).

USA Today and the local newspaper pretty much balance each other out, so I can get a pretty good idea of what really happened by reading the two and sorting through them in my head. I generally stay away from TV and Internet news outlets altogether (except for weather and local events) because I have yet to find an outlet in the same medium that balances out the ultra-left-wing slant that I find everywhere on TV and Internet. FOX News is a bit better than most, but they’re still pretty far to the left. The news magazines (Newsweek, Time, US News, etc.) are all pretty far-right so I try to avoid them unless I can get a recent issue of the Economist as well (which is the only unbiased source of news I’ve been able to find period).

CTV- Canada

I should add Buzz Flash to my list, it’s excellent. And CounterPunch whilst it’s a magazine is incredible. I cannot emphasis enough indepedent media.

Yes i feel its the best for all round information.

I’d have to include the Irish Times. Although it’s not the most read newspaper in Ireland, being second to the Irish Independent, it seems to be the most popular choice among anyone I know that knows what they’re talking about. I find that most of the time Irish people living abroad still buy it.