Another War?

War with North Korea?

• No! It’s madness
  • Yes! It’s our moral duty
0 voters

It seems from this
source and this one that tensions between the US and North Korea are reaching a height. Will this climax in war? It appears that if the afforementioned speculation is true, casualties will be in the millions due to the nuclear capacity of both nations. So do the pro-war on Iraq zealots now realise that the US may be going too far? Or is it once again our moral duty? Other question that do not regard public opinion arise. Will other countries become involved? Will Tony Blair get involved?
As well as this I a conjectural prediction, that over the next few weeks we will see more footage of human rights abuse in North Korea in the mainstream media.

Don’t think so, this country is not part of Bush’s ‘War of Oil’ program.

I would have to say that the war was secondly about oil and primarily about American domination (PNAC being the main grounds for this postulation). This is what worries me about American aggression. Another objection to this notion of war between the US and NK would be that a great deal of antagonism is spreading among South Korens towards America due to the accidental killing of a South Korean child by US soldiers who were not rebuked for this.

Clinton dealt with the problem in Korea through negotiation, whereas the Bush administration chose to ignore N.K. This proved to be not working and so backtracked and held secret meetings in Mexico which turned out to be not so secret. It seems that the Bush admin is seeing the error of it’s ways, and recognises that NK is a far bigger threat against which to wage war than Afghanistan or Iraq as they clearly have wmds. China’s involvement changes the situation mind you as much of that part of the world will follow chinas guidance. I still expect that situation to die down through the US giving NK what it wants,to a large extent.