Now Hirring

“this is a jest”

Who wants to work at the first Iraqie Mcdonalds?

Who needs american imperalism. We got american capitolism.

its funny but sad to think that it probably will happen

Pangloss will be there :stuck_out_tongue:

lol. Ever hear of the the theory that no two countries containing macdonalds ever go to war? About 3 or 4 months ago I read an article saying that MaccyD’s is closing a lot of its international branches. Is that a statement about world instability??? :wink:

To put the record straight, I don’t actually work for MacDonalds, never have and never will. I have no vested interest in promoting them, however, I do see the golden arches as a symbol of the world today. The discontents and squeezed relief of globalisation.

Below is something I recieved by a Serbin friend of mine yesterday. He does not know of my M avatar. I found it very amusing.

MOTION FOR A RESOLUTION BY
THE COMMITTEE ON THE SOCIAL H

On the question of implementing McDonald’s within all nations
in order to guarantee world peace.

Submitted by: Kimon Ioannides (GR), Georgios Karagounis (GR), Kira Klug (DE),
Sophia Kontos (DE), Petar Žmak (YU)

The United World Youth Council,

A. Noting with deep concern that not all countries have McDonald’s branches yet,

B. Recognising that the implementation of McDonald’s branches in the different countries is difficult as each state has individual cultures, history, religions and cooking habits,

C. Alarmed by the several current wars between countries, which have not McDonald’s branches in both countries,

D. Having heard that there have never been any wars between countries that both have McDonald’s branches,

E. Believing that implementing McDonald’s in all countries will prevent wars in the long run,

F. Keeping in mind that several religions don’t allow eating pork (Islam) or any meat that is not kosher (Jews),

G. Noting that McDonald’s is the world’s leading foodservice organisation,

H. Welcoming fast food as it is the cheapest food available,

I. Viewing with appreciation that McDonald’s in the community means local development, support for local schools, youth sports, and other community programmes, help in times of need and improving the health and well-being of children and families around the world;

1. Calls upon all countries to implement McDonald’s as it does not only offer a large economic branch, and therefore many new jobs, but also guarantees peace,

2. Fully believes that McDonald’s can be a better peacemaker and builder of long-lasting goodwill than any governmental agency can ever accomplish,

3. Demands that governments, however, must have a strong role in providing a supportive umbrella to McDonald’s, to allow it to operate in a secure environment,

4. Encourages food aid organisations to use fast food as you can buy more food with less money,

5. Supports that McDonald’s has the largest number of minority and female franchisees in the quick service industry as this reduces tensions between different social and ethnic groups,

6. Applauds that McDonald’s social policy is so successful as this company
    a) provides meals and other support for disaster victims,
    b) supports the local schools of over 200 Ronald McDonald Houses through cash and in-kind contributions, tutoring and mentoring programmes, educational partnerships, fundraising assistance, and sponsorship of special events,

7. Suggests to introduce a new UN body that
    a) takes over more responsibility in keeping peace within countries that have already implemented McDonald’s branches,
    b) implements McDonald’s within all UN member nations in a non-violent way,
    c) supports McDonald’s in building new branches within developing countries as the necessity of McDonald’s branches in those countries is higher than anywhere else,

8. Emphasises that food aid in developing countries is the most important part in foreign policy as this insures satisfaction and health, which is the basis of co-operation and peace.

To put the record straight, I don’t actually work for MacDonalds, never have and never will. I have no vested interest in promoting them, however, I do see the golden arches as a symbol of the world today. The discontents and squeezed relief of globalisation.

Below is something I recieved by a Serbian friend of mine yesterday. He does not know of my M avatar. I found it very amusing.

MOTION FOR A RESOLUTION BY
THE COMMITTEE ON THE SOCIAL H

On the question of implementing McDonald’s within all nations
in order to guarantee world peace.

Submitted by: Kimon Ioannides (GR), Georgios Karagounis (GR), Kira Klug (DE),
Sophia Kontos (DE), Petar Žmak (YU)

The United World Youth Council,

A. Noting with deep concern that not all countries have McDonald’s branches yet,

B. Recognising that the implementation of McDonald’s branches in the different countries is difficult as each state has individual cultures, history, religions and cooking habits,

C. Alarmed by the several current wars between countries, which have not McDonald’s branches in both countries,

D. Having heard that there have never been any wars between countries that both have McDonald’s branches,

E. Believing that implementing McDonald’s in all countries will prevent wars in the long run,

F. Keeping in mind that several religions don’t allow eating pork (Islam) or any meat that is not kosher (Jews),

G. Noting that McDonald’s is the world’s leading foodservice organisation,

H. Welcoming fast food as it is the cheapest food available,

I. Viewing with appreciation that McDonald’s in the community means local development, support for local schools, youth sports, and other community programmes, help in times of need and improving the health and well-being of children and families around the world;

1. Calls upon all countries to implement McDonald’s as it does not only offer a large economic branch, and therefore many new jobs, but also guarantees peace,

2. Fully believes that McDonald’s can be a better peacemaker and builder of long-lasting goodwill than any governmental agency can ever accomplish,

3. Demands that governments, however, must have a strong role in providing a supportive umbrella to McDonald’s, to allow it to operate in a secure environment,

4. Encourages food aid organisations to use fast food as you can buy more food with less money,

5. Supports that McDonald’s has the largest number of minority and female franchisees in the quick service industry as this reduces tensions between different social and ethnic groups,

6. Applauds that McDonald’s social policy is so successful as this company
    a) provides meals and other support for disaster victims,
    b) supports the local schools of over 200 Ronald McDonald Houses through cash and in-kind contributions, tutoring and mentoring programmes, educational partnerships, fundraising assistance, and sponsorship of special events,

7. Suggests to introduce a new UN body that
    a) takes over more responsibility in keeping peace within countries that have already implemented McDonald’s branches,
    b) implements McDonald’s within all UN member nations in a non-violent way,
    c) supports McDonald’s in building new branches within developing countries as the necessity of McDonald’s branches in those countries is higher than anywhere else,

8. Emphasises that food aid in developing countries is the most important part in foreign policy as this insures satisfaction and health, which is the basis of co-operation and peace.

We know pangloss, we just like poking :wink:

Is that for real by the way or a joke email. You never know with the UN…

Mcdonald employes like a large portion of minorities, along with the rest of the resturant service industry. Perhaps this isnt a good thing.

Okay how bout Mcdonald army(hand grenades/happy meals for everyone), navy(its navy sizes come in Small medium, large and omg were all gona die large) and air force (Fry force)

But an army marches on its stomach, and if they’re eating macdonald meals they won’t be getting very far…

mayor mcheese now General McCheese(aka The Big Chese)