time machines

alright i made a bet with a kid he would give me a time machine by a certian date and i would give him my soul i won he owes me a time machine… but heres the delima what are the ethical and or historical reprecusions of activating the time machine
ive put a lot of thought into it but any thoughts or ideas anyone could throw out id appriciate

[quote]
the real just man is rationa

well Here is the thing. If i send you a box and TELL you its a time machine here are the simple results

I send you a time machine you never open it, YOU will Not be affected by having the box. because you never opened it.

If you OPEN the box and it is empty you know i lied,
If you open the box and it has something in it and you dont use it you have set the world on a path where time machines were never activated by you.

If you open the box and its got something in it and you USE IT with out analizing each decision you make from the point you make it till eternity then the world you live in will INSTANTLY never be the same again because the first thing that happens is that things will change with out anyone being aware of it, but because things happen so fast you pratically rip a hole in space destroying yourself and the machine and the rip would continue untill you destroyed everthing.

IF you open it, use it, and analize each decision you make and choose the right things then you can do what ever you want but you will have to live with the repricussions of it.

But ultimately you will never recieve the machine because im sure something would happen to your friend before he would be able to send you the machine simply because time is some how related to fate and fate doesnt like to be toyed with.

OR SO I THINK!

is that you would never know the difference.

but if i have a time machine what i do today has no consequence cause i am able to change it… so even if i dont know i have it… it still has a relevent effect on my life

If you dont know if you have it or not its effect is minimal in the big picture. but using it practically swiss cheeses the big picture worse than if i were to shoot at it with buckshot