not good

guardian.co.uk/korea/article … 79,00.html

anybody know if this is creditable information?

Your link didn’t work, but it is true. North Korea have pulled out of the Nuclear non-proliferation treaty and have announced their willingness to pre-empt any American aggressioin. All in response to the mass military build-up of American troops and weapons in and around the Korean peninsula.

The US administration are treading very carefully over this one. They can’t change the NK regime by military means when NK have threatened pre-emptive strikes on South Korea. They have used their missiles on Japan in recent years. They can’t change it from within, because the NK’s hold on NKan society is too strong.

Though there will be strong calls following the Iraq war/regime change to confront NK, I think it would be far wiser to let this regime change slowly but surely with careful diplomacy and appeasement being the main features of policy towards NK. Anything else quite be quite disastrous. The NKan experiment in capitalism on their northern border with China will hopefully be successful and spread to other areas of NK, with incentives given to Kim Il-Jong each time. That is the only rational possibility of changing the NKan regime, and liberating the most oppressed people, by quite some way, in the world.

I recommend you read my post on the North Korea thread in this forum.

I believe he said that, but this is more about playing power politics, then starting a war. North Korea is strapped for Cash, and needs oil and relief. So it’s trying to re-agree an old agreement with the US to get more help. They know now is a good time, as a war on two fronts is not in the American’s best interests, especially if its Vietnam 2! Plus it also can look like they might help Saddam, which can be used as a bargaining tool to get more money. (i.e. We’ll give Saddam Nukes if you don’t give us money, as Saddam says he’ll give us oil)

“The United States says that after Iraq, we are next.” I saw Tony Blair say this only a couple of days ago! So it might be on the cards. But the Chinese would not be happy if America was to attack NK, as it would give America to much power in that side of the world. China has their own plans to keep Asia controlled by Asians. Or at lest, China would want greater access to trade with the International Community without high taxes imposed on them.

Pax Vitae