some punks have voices - i'm glad that his was heard

a little off-topic, but eh … joe strummer, the lead singer of the british punk band, the clash died dec. 23, 2002. he was a great lyricist who did his part politically via music. awesome and inspiring. if you’ve not heard anything by the clash, i would suggest picking up a copy of “the clash” or “london calling”. not since john lennon has someone rocked the casbah so hard [in my opinion]. to me politics is about getting involved, and i think that joe strummer definitely did his part. i will miss his music.

While I like punk a lot and respect him for being one of the first and political at that I don’t like the clash much.

well at least you can respect him for the contributions he made.

off the topic slightly (ok completely), but i thought her name was yoshimi (sp)??

it is. my friend knows how much i like the flaming lips, so he put my name into the song instead.

:cry:
It was a shock to me when he died. He was too young, too active and too good. Death seems to come for those who least deserve it, Joe was definitely one who should live forever if possible. He was supporting the strikes last year, playing live with The Mescaleros to get money to the firefighters.
I didn’t have the change to see The Clash playing live, but i saw Joe’s energy with his new band many times.
In my opinion he was the best lyricist that ever existed, and concequently The Clash the only band that matters, as they used to say. I own loads to Joe, specially for opening my eyes and for putting some political sense in my mind.
I’ve met him last year before one of the mescaleros gigs… i still can’t believe he is gone.[/i]