Who wants to play Dodge ball? Now boarding flights

Will you dodge the draft?

• Yes, 1 ticket to Canada please
  • Yes, 1 ticket to Aussieland please
  • Yes, 1 ticket to anywhere but here please
  • No, I will be glad to spill my blood(or let it drain freely through my biochemical wound)
0 voters

Well its that time again. every 20/30 years blood must be spilled Will it be yours?

If you vote option 3 please list this location for others who vote yes and need ideas.

I’m safe! We haven’t had the draft (or conscription as we call it) for a while. W00t!

I don’t have to worry about the draft (although I believe it shouldn’t exist)–I’m joining the US Marine Corps once I get out of school.

Are you joining now because of the war or did you always plan on it?

I’ve always found it interesting how every kid I met that wanted to join the military was so set on it. So many made their decision when they were young at most 4 years before graduation and never say anything about it besides the fact that they are joining. Unless you ask them then they talk about how much they love it.

How exactly did you come about your decision to join? Age would be appreciated in your answer if you don’t mind.

• Well, the first option is out of the question, for those watching the news; it has already been decided that if America goes in so will Canada. Here is the thing though, I cannot choose any of the options because I live in Canada, but, I would not volunteer to help in the army. Furthermore, unless this turns into a world war, I won’t be picked because those who attend university get picked last as a last measure in the off chance of a World War. So I would stay in Canada and keep my hopes up that it doesn’t turn into a world war.

What’s your take?

Luckily the chances of my country ever going to war are about one in eight billion but I’d dodge the war unless I agreed with it, which isn’t very likely but hey lets keep our options open here! I can’t say I would or I wouldn’t, it would depend completly on the circumstances but if I didn’y agree, I’d do everything in my power to dodge it.

Ive been working on a short story but im thinking of legnthening it after i finnish with the shorter version.

The basic thesis at the end of it wait no… Ill keep it a secret. But if your a fan of the twiglight zone or those short scenes into the odd, mysterious, or downright sadly true ends of men/women then you should like this.