Men and their toys (war)

Hello, I am here to ask everyone who lives in the U.S. if they think the idea of attacking another nation is going to be in the best interest for the U.S.
Now, I do not abject to going to war because of the blood-shed IN it. I rather am very appauled when our President decides to attack without noting the possible realism of Iraq sending missles to the U.S.
Now I understand that if we attack, everyone thinks that Sadam is going to kist “give up” all his weapons and walk away freely and without problems.
To think it would happen in this manner is to be foolish. Tell me, whats to stop Sadam from attack us RIGHT after we launch an attack on him?
Take for instance this parable:
If you are running from the law because you have commited a deadly crime. You know you done wrong, but you don’t care any more. You run from state to state from the police and hope to get away with it all. One fine day however, as you are sleeping in your car, you hear the sounds of sirens echoing from the distance. Soon, from both sides of your car, swat teams are surrounding you, you know that if you get caught you will go to prison and never escape, and probably be put to death. So in an instant you grab your stolen AK-47 and decide to take down everyone you can with it.
Imagine if that AK-47 was instead a chemical weapon and it could be launched with almost the push of a button.
If you understand what I am trying to say in this message, please say so. If I am wrong by any of this, please explain in full detail.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:[/i]

Well first I’m pretty sure iraq doesn’t have the capabilities to attack US civilians. Like you said you don’t care about bloodshed during war so if they use biological weapons on invading soldiers it should be fine. But they are also likely to attack israel kuwait and whatever other neighboring country they feel like. The strategy that the us is attempting to use to counter that is attacking the command center first I’m assuming in an attempt to prevent them from launching an attack which should give ground forces enough time to take out the remaining missle sites. But I’m not sure if that’s exactly what I read or if any of it is true or would work.

As of now I’m totally against the war but only because I’ve just recently seen the most disturbing video ever of an execution. I don’t even recommend looking at it out of curiousity which I normally would but that was just… Ugh :frowning:

Mr lee i recomend reading my iraq post. its been discused in way to much detail there.

Mr. Lee

CIA head George J. Tenet has addressed the issue you raise, namely, that US saber rattling risks a preemptive Iraqi attack.

There is one (count 'em, one) reason I favor war with Iraq: Deposing Saddam will end the US-led embargo of that country, which, according to UNICEF, kills 4,500 children a month from shortages of food and medicine.

I favor a minor stupidity if it erases a major one.

That said, I agree with BluTGI. We have discussed this issue unto weariness in his thread, and I refer you to it.