Workers of the World Unite!!!!

“I am not a Marxist.”

Karl Marx

“Catch a fish and feed a man. Teach him to fish, and you loose a golden opputurnity at business.”

Karl Marx

you see…the Capitalist…they have money, in fact surplus money…to buy goods, and products…

but us of the proletariet…we have just enough to survive…and in fact the viscious cycle of getting our money thru our labor virtually cancels any real chance to get things like the Capitalist has.

It is a class struggle, as brother Marx has said…we must unite…we must face this unjustice…we must…oh wait…whats this…an application for a credit card… :wink:

We know that Marx put value on money…most of us do…it is the magic coupon book that keeps the world goin’ round…that and Gold, Silver, and Baywatch.

Has the gap between the have’s and have not’s closed? Do we live in the era of the great Middle Class?

Nope, we’re not all getting richer. The West is getting richer, the rest are getting poorer. The gap between us and the rest of em has grown by quite a bit in the last 10 years (the fiure eludes me) as the President of South Africa pointed out.

That’s where the next revolution will be coming from, and boy are we on the wrong side of the line. Anyone fancy a guillotine?

That’s where the next revolution will be coming from, and boy are we on the wrong side of the line. Anyone fancy a guillotine?
[/quote]

TheShortCut: Wow…shades of the French Revolution…you think it will come to that?

No we do not live in this golden middle class erra. We live in a illusionary middle class. the gap is so huge that the rung of the ladder closest to the proletariot makes it THINK that its the middle class when its still the bottom.

Why is it assumed to be a bad thing that some people possess more than others?

Kurt stated:

At first appearance this question may look simplistic, but I think Kurt posed a very interesting question. There is the obvious answer that the majority of us would answer with and that is “Well Kurt, it’s because some people work really hard to get a middle standard of living, while others don’t do anything and have a high standard of living - this is seen as unfair because the latter person did nothing for their living.” Firstly, I will analyse this idea and secondly I will state how I took the above quote.

So, if some people work really hard for something and other don’t yet they achieve the same or better, this is seen as bad or unfair. Who is to say that it is not suppose to be like that? Isn’t it our own insecurities that make us see this as unfair? Like the way some of us feel when we see someone naturally grasp onto concepts in school without any studying (my friend is getting through university without opening a single book! He just pays incredible attention in class) and people become envious and jealous to the point of hatred. What about those who are naturally good looking, are they not hated by those who put on 2 lbs of make-up in order to get guys to look at them? Don’t men become extremely jealous and possesive over their women when they think other guys are better looking then they are? And it doesn’t matter how faithful the women is.

To predict where this conversation will go I will cover the basis of the rich inheriting money, and the poor or middle class having to work for their money resulting in a really small percentage of poor and middle class ever becoming rich. A good majority of us have a weakness, this weakness is the chief impetus behind jealousy and hatred for the rich. Ie. If a rich person is ever talked about in the news and the news is bad, like they are drug addict or anything else, then the poor and middle class hate them because they think what a waste that money is. They think of all the ‘good’ and ‘important’ things they would do if they had the money. Well the rich do them too, the poor and the middle class lack hindsight into these rich peoples lives because they don’t care to know, they only care to assume. What most don’t realize is that once every ‘good’ and ‘important’ thing has been done; your true self comes out with your weakness. For some it’s alcohol, for others it’s drugs, for more others it’s sex, while for almost everyone there is the weakness of boasting ones ego and fame beyond the imagined limits of the universe.

I digress back to my explanation of the way I took Kurt’s quote, and that is that the world is the way it is; it could be worse and it could be better. But unless you are out there spending your life changing the world for the better, why not assume that things are the way they are and it’s good enough. Why judge so quickly, stop to think and see why one has more than another without hidden jealousy, without LOOKING for what you want to see, but seeing what really is, and you will notice that more often than not - the money is better suited for those who coincedently have more, rather than those who don’t.

What’s your take?

kurt, Refer to every revolution based on money.