Gender Everything

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Bob » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:59 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:Since all of you are philosophical amateurs, I will push this point forward myself.

This is and the name you have given yourself is of course the proof of your “professionality” :D

Obviously morality, responsibility, and accountability, all differ by gender.

Obviously? What a leap of faith in your own infallibility.

This means that the general things, actions, and events that men are responsible for, women are not, and vice-versa. But on which topics and subjects are women responsible for, truly? Children? That's it? Only children? Yes, that's about it. If women are responsible for anything in life, which is questionable, then it must be children at least. But even with children, how responsible are women? And is it collective, or individual? For example, if society raises a generation of weaklings, queers, and losers, then is it not the mother's fault? Are women responsible for a decaying society? And if you tried to point this out, how would it go? Wouldn't you be rejected outright? It's not "women's fault". It must be somebody else's...?

This conversation that you are having with yourself is your real problem. You actually believe the garbage your mind offers you, instead of waving it aside, you follow even the most gibberish of thoughts to a supposed logical end. Morality is always the question first of what we can individually do better and then as a further question, what we can contribute to the collective so that it does better as well. It doesn’t work the other way around.

Considering that we are ruled, to a large degree, by white men, who do the most for other white men, treating women as servants for their own needs, keeping their wages low, disregarding the need for a comprehensive health care and the fact that women are very often left by men, and that this and much more consequently contributes to a high rate of poverty amongst elderly women, you are about as wrong as your username implies.

Perhaps you have been brought up in a Judeo/Christian setting in which Eve was “to blame” for the fall “of man”, which reveals a complete ignorance of the symbolism used in the story. Eve is the feminine, which symbolically stands for creativity and chaos, because in her lies the potential for change and progression, whereas the man is the symbol of order and certainty, which gives us more of the same and eventually stagnation. The point is though that we all have both order and chaos in us to varying degrees, and without this “feminine” side, men couldn’t progress.

With regard to the upbringing of children, it has been traditionally the role of the father, once a boy has passed infancy, to show the child “the ropes”. The fact that this has become nearly impossible for most people is hardly to blame on women. The girls and women were traditionally given the task to care and protect the family, especially the infants. This they instinctively still do, and the wrath of a mother is not to be underestimated. This means that society does tend to put boys in the situation in which they have less contact with their fathers than in the past, and so women have to teach them what it means to be a man – obviously at a distinct disadvantage. However, what will become of those children is primarily decided by genes and the environment, since the influence of the parents wanes when kindergarten or school takes over.

You see, even when women are "responsible" for something, they aren't. They're blameless. You can't even call them out, on what few things they are responsible for. At the very least, social decay, bad parenting, bad upbringing, all of these should be blamed on mothers. But this is too taboo for most of you. Women, the privileged gender, will still get off scott-free. Blameless. Innocent. Protected. Privileged.

You make it too easy to blame women. They have their part in how the society turns out, that is true, but they can hardly be held singularly to blame. It is in fact the lack of balance in our upbringing, the lack of understanding of myths and stories, the tendency to see truth as only objective, and consequently many other aspects of life have a one-sided influence. We’re continually just flipping the coin instead of understanding that the interaction of many aspects lead to what we experience. The world isn’t black & white, male & female, right & wrong, good & evil. There is so much that we have to experience to understand, which is why in 99% of people the opinions change with age.

So here's yet another point. If you can't call women out, as a gender, on the one thing they really must be accountable for ...then what makes you think women can be called out on anything else? In this thread, we have all witnessed Pandora absolutely reject the notion of personal accountability and responsibility. She is responsible for nothing. On behalf of women, women are responsible for nothing. And if women could be responsible for something, at least one thing (children, upbringing), then they would deny that too, deny responsibility for it.

It must be "the men's fault", right? Of course.

So on your understanding of one persons words, you judge the whole word. There are two aspects here – 1. it is your understanding, which may be faulty, 2. it is the opinion of one woman.

Let's go one step further. Obviously women are responsible for social decay (bad parenting, can't bring their daughters or sons up rightly). But women are responsible for bad breeding too. Women settle for second-best, for last place. Despite all this talk of women having children with the alpha male, and then marrying the cuckold-beta-male and his credit card, this rarely happens in reality. In reality, most women are too low class, unintelligent, ugly, etc. for the alpha male to even notice them. Why would the alpha male give sexual attention to women who are losers and unattractive, when there are plenty enough beautiful, intelligent, top class women flocking around him already?

You are really a male chauvinist and should really be ashamed, because your words actually reveal how bigoted you really are. Look at yourself in the mirror and tell me that you are the dream of all women, and I will call you a liar. Really at this point there is no point in continuing …. :violence-stickwhack:
The only wisdom we can hope to acquire
Is the wisdom of humility: humility is endless.
TS Eliot
User avatar
Bob
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3317
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:20 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:29 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:I've brought this up before, and it proves the point of the wickedest gender:

If you stopped all rape, all homicide, all disease, all habitat issues, all financial poverty, all physical torture...

Not one woman would commit suicide, and millions of men would. Men are working to basically give this planet never ending male suicides into perpetuity.

That: in a nutshell, is the problem with women.

Why is this true? Because of female psychological constitution (sexuality). They are always the last of the mass murderers.


I would add: all a woman has to do to stop this is have sex with decent men... which will not happen, so men evolve into the universe construction business... a massive and extremely dangerous undertaking


I forgot to add "no bullying" to the list above.

Basically, this is the root cause of the types of movementsthat spawn threadslike this one. Men are angry and confused, when the dust settles and they stop being hypocrites, this problem still looms.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7045
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:23 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Can I get some specifics? What about coordination? What about extrovertedness? What about talented? What about a hearty constitution (being without non obvious diseases such as ms or mental illness? Then, how much stock are you going to put into family genetics by looking at her siblings, parents, grandparents, etc?

Aren't you a woman? What does your genetic screening process tell you? Do you let any slime through?
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:26 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:Intelligent women can still be insecure, and they do that whole, "I'm independent" bit where they act weird when you buy them dinner. That's annoying. Strength? Petite, attractive women are not usually strong. I don't want to fuck a crossfit girl or a girl who looks like she's been working on a farm. Height? I hope you mean that you'd want them selected for the trait of being around 5 foot 2 to 5 foot 5. I don't like a lanky long bitch who's got big long feet and big hands. Give me a petite girl that's around 5 foot 2 and about 115lbs with some tits and I'm good. Not dumb, but not one of these college bitches who thinks that because she went to nursing school that she's intelligent and then overcompensated by acting smug even though she's just a fucking nurse and not some girl who's got muscles and shit.

These are the generalized traits of humanity, applying to either men or women. In other words, men are attracted to women, usually out of beauty. Women have higher standards, hypothetically. Intelligence is most important because cognitive traits are really the essential one of humanity. Concerning self-confidence, self-esteem, social status, those can be considered cognitive traits (therefore applicable to intelligence).
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:28 pm

Bob wrote:This conversation that you are having with yourself is your real problem.

No it's not. I get a better conversation answering my own questions than I do of you answering my questions. You don't answer them. You're not even close to a participant in this entire thread.

You could add something productive. But I realized quickly not to expect as much from you or your ilk. You, like many others, are here for the entertainment, not to add, but to subtract.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Silhouette » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:00 pm

Bob wrote:You are missing my point, it doesn’t matter how things work out, your reaction is your reaction. You react in the way you decide to, very often it is in the way we have been conditioned to react, but you could change that. That was the lesson that Viktor Frankl learnt in a concentration camp: “Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.”

It's a reaction, sure, and it's attributed to you, sure. Identity is notoriously non-specific, we just develop this general idea based on what we're most conscious of. But what that turns out to be is just a tiny segment of this universe-sized chain reaction. You don't decide anything, you experience a kind of conscious manifestation of what has already been decided - like watching yourself on TV but with all sensory stimuli, not just sound and vision.

The space between stimulus and response is just a lag in becoming conscious of what has already been decided subconsciously - as has been proven neuroscientifically. Some guy who was caught up in some horrible situation musing on the shitiness that can imposed on other people is no authority compared to this, sorry, no matter how much we might feel the need to respect him for what he went through. We grow with experience, yes, the amount stored away to structure our decision gets bigger, but it's still all utterly based on ultimately external factors that we did not choose and cannot control.

Bob wrote:“Gratitude improves psychological health. Gratitude reduces a multitude of toxic emotions, from envy and resentment to frustration and regret. ... His research confirms that gratitude effectively increases happiness and reduces depression. Gratitude enhances empathy and reduces aggression.”

Like I said, gratefulness feels good, but that doesn't make it any less based on nonsense. Once you realise this, the placebo effect wears off a little.
User avatar
Silhouette
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3310
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 1:27 am
Location: Existence

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:52 pm

In terms of freewill; it evolves, it grows.

The experiments showing yes/no choices in the brain before we can utter it don't discard that for efficiencies sake, we intentially hard code the subconscious reactions to conserve processing time and speed.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7045
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Silhouette » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:15 am

Ecmandu wrote:In terms of freewill; it evolves, it grows.

The experiments showing yes/no choices in the brain before we can utter it don't discard that for efficiencies sake, we intentially hard code the subconscious reactions to conserve processing time and speed.

You keep saying freewill evolves and grows without explanation.

I acknowledged how it seems like it does, but even if the neuroscience doesn't convince you that it actually doesn't, logic should.

Take, for example, a rational choice. You base it on what you know, you can't base it on what you don't know. It depends on all the things that have happened to you, your capability to reason, and your current situation. Your capability to reason, even your tendency to contrarianism - to intentionally do differently to that which seems like the choice you'd normally make - this is all set up at the time you make any decision. You have no choice but to choose that which you were set up to prefer to choose at any given point. It's all determined, you won't choose differently to what it was set up for you to choose. As I already explained, this is the case for every decision you ever made, all the way back to the first one you ever made where this is all the most clear. You're given all the things that have happened to you and your current situation without any input, and your decision will reflect this. Your next decision will reflect the first decision and all the things that haven happened to you and your current situation just the same - and so on.

Do you not understand this?
User avatar
Silhouette
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3310
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 1:27 am
Location: Existence

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:42 am

Silhouette is accurate.

Ideals of moral agency and personal responsibility, leading to the "sense of self" people have within their Identity, are just that ...ideals. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Morality and agency are processes of power. I agree with Nietzsche and the Nietzscheans on this point. Few people are capable, or willing, to take responsibility over actions and events in life. It's arguable about who caused what and why. Does a soldier following orders act on his own volition, or the volition of another? That's what I mean by Innocence, and Privilege. People like to think they're not responsible for the actions and events they cause. Bob you can relate to this with your little Nazi analogy. Who is responsible for the Holocaust? The Nazis? Or the Jews? It can very much go either way. Blame is another thing. Responsibility is yet another.

But without power, can you really "take" responsibility for anything? No, you can't. Within society, children and teenagers are perceived as powerless, devoid of personal responsibility, devoid of agency. The same can be applied to Blacks, or Women. Some people are assigned different powers (moral agency) than others. In other words, society, people in general, expect a lot of some people (evil white men) and little of others (everybody else).


Until you delve into these concepts, quite frankly, yes you and others here are complete philosophical amateurs.

And this is more of a children's lesson than anything else.


I'm read to delve deep, anytime. I like that Silhouette here can remark on the deeper topics, which nobody else really is. Including Pandora. Pandora merely dodges the big points over and over and over again. It's ...boring after awhile. And it doesn't make for good conversation, which I'm confident we can all agree on.

Who's fault is this ....mine? Or hers?
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:44 am

Here's a simplification, to sum up the thread so far.

Why do we expect the most out of a small minority of the population (evil-white-men)?

And we expect almost nothing out of the rest of the population (good-black-women)?
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:47 am

Side-point:

It's pretty obvious how people confuse morality with power. People seem to believe that the more agency you have (more moral righteousness), necessarily, the more 'evil' you must be. They rationalize this, because you have so much control and responsibility over other people's lives ....because your choices affect so many others, that you must be in a position of evil, represented by Fascism and Totalitarianism. "All fascists are evil" --logical fallacy.

So people are using another logical fallacy.

They are presuming that more power = more evil. And that less power (innocence, privilege, protection) = more good.

Or worse yet.... that being completely powerless, a victim, is the highest good and sense of morality.


This is a moral Inversion. It's completely backward.


I will call this: the Victim-Complex Fallacy.

Put this one into the logic books. Post-Nietzschean credo.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Gender Everything

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Silhouette is accurate.

How can Silhouette be accurate if what he is saying is that you don't have choices, that life is pre-determined and that still mesh with what you believe that you can be affective and effective of your own accord, your own responsibility to act as such?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7014
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Pandora » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:08 pm

I'm read to delve deep, anytime. I like that Silhouette here can remark on the deeper topics, which nobody else really is. Including Pandora. Pandora merely dodges the big points over and over and over again. It's ...boring after awhile. And it doesn't make for good conversation, which I'm confident we can all agree on.

Who's fault is this ....mine? Or hers?

You’re the one who’s dodging my arguments. I brought you historical examples and present day instances in which women are deprived of equal rights and opportunities, but, to you, no matter how badly a woman is treated, whether she’s beaten or raped or patronized and treated like domestic cattle, she is still the privileged gender. This is your kind of messed up thinking, which I think is based on none other than personal insecurities and jealousy.

Should I bring up the topic of global sex trafficking, as well? Is that women’s fault, too, for being the priviledged gender? I’m sure in your kind of twisted mind, these kidnapped girls are feeling pretty privileged, for being kidnapped and used for sex, or at least should be. A man like you can only dream of such things happening to you, but you’re not that kind of special, you’re not...the privileged gender.
If women are responsible for anything it’s being too trusting and believing in men’s lies.
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4153
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: Gender Everything

Postby statiktech » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:25 pm

It's called incel logic, and goes a little something like this.

I, by my own reckoning, am everything a woman should want, but women don't want me. Therefore, women are the problem.

This sort of "logic" is usually used by people who are generally obsessed with sex, but rarely, if ever, get it. They love to use words like "alpha", "beta", "cuck", etc.
"Man is the animal that laughs at himself."
—Robert A Heinlein
User avatar
statiktech
SonOfABitchBastard
 
Posts: 5413
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 8:53 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:48 pm

My challenge to men is to have sex with at least one woman without hating yourself.

You guys think you're smart "incels"....

Raise the game...!!!! You're bored.

We know that this has never been accomplished before, I look at someone like urwrongx1000 as someone if he received sex from a woman today, his conscience would rot him. He knows he's not there yet
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7045
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Pandora » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:52 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:I hope you mean that you'd want them selected for the trait of being around 5 foot 2 to 5 foot 5. I don't like a lanky long bitch who's got big long feet and big hands. Give me a petite girl that's around 5 foot 2 and about 115lbs with some tits and I'm good. Not dumb, but not one of these college bitches who thinks that because she went to nursing school that she's intelligent and then overcompensated by acting smug even though she's just a fucking nurse and not some girl who's got muscles and shit.

I wouldn’t knock nurses down just yet. I’ve encountered many nurses who had more sense and experience than the doctors under whom they worked for. In my experience some DNP/ARNPs are often even better than physicians in terms of first hand knowledge, patient care and overall medical experience (heck even some RNs). Functionally, they are now what the doctors used to be, about patient care, and not about some bureaucracy. Today, about 50% of a doctor’s job is about filling out reports and paperwork.
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4153
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Bob » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:30 pm

Silhouette wrote:It's a reaction, sure, and it's attributed to you, sure. Identity is notoriously non-specific, we just develop this general idea based on what we're most conscious of. But what that turns out to be is just a tiny segment of this universe-sized chain reaction. You don't decide anything, you experience a kind of conscious manifestation of what has already been decided - like watching yourself on TV but with all sensory stimuli, not just sound and vision.

This is the same argument a few people I have known in the past have used. The difference is that I am happily working away and they are on anti-depressants.

Silhouette wrote:The space between stimulus and response is just a lag in becoming conscious of what has already been decided subconsciously - as has been proven neuroscientifically. Some guy who was caught up in some horrible situation musing on the shitiness that can imposed on other people is no authority compared to this, sorry, no matter how much we might feel the need to respect him for what he went through. We grow with experience, yes, the amount stored away to structure our decision gets bigger, but it's still all utterly based on ultimately external factors that we did not choose and cannot control.

You do, of course, understand that yours is a downward spiral, whereas mine is an upward one? It doesn’t matter which one you use, we all die in the end and some will ask, “Was it all worth it?” Deciding to look at the experience we call life as just a happening, and gain a positive perspective seems to me to be the only thing we can do, if we don’t want to take the negative approach and get sour over time. The fact that you can use the space between stimulus and response is a chance to use the time you have, whatever happens, before it is over. Or are you hoping that something better comes afterwards?

Like I said, gratefulness feels good, but that doesn't make it any less based on nonsense. Once you realise this, the placebo effect wears off a little.

There is nothing like the person who shouts “nonsense” in a crowd of people enjoying themselves.
The only wisdom we can hope to acquire
Is the wisdom of humility: humility is endless.
TS Eliot
User avatar
Bob
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3317
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:20 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Bob » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:33 pm

statiktech wrote:It's called incel logic, and goes a little something like this.

I, by my own reckoning, am everything a woman should want, but women don't want me. Therefore, women are the problem.

This sort of "logic" is usually used by people who are generally obsessed with sex, but rarely, if ever, get it. They love to use words like "alpha", "beta", "cuck", etc.

love it!
The only wisdom we can hope to acquire
Is the wisdom of humility: humility is endless.
TS Eliot
User avatar
Bob
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3317
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:20 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Bob » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:45 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:Bob you can relate to this with your little Nazi analogy. Who is responsible for the Holocaust? The Nazis? Or the Jews? It can very much go either way. Blame is another thing. Responsibility is yet another.

First of all I didn't use a nazi "analogy".

Secondly, whoever was responsible for the Holocaust is dead, and we can either learn from the mistakes or repeat it.

Thirdly, you are doing the trump thing, and saying that in nazi Germany there were good and bad people on both sides, but that isn't the point. The point is that 6 million people were killed in concentration camps, and the world looked on.

Fourthly, the side of human nature in all of us that is usually contained was let loose and did this and should make us aware of our aptitude for order and chaos.
The only wisdom we can hope to acquire
Is the wisdom of humility: humility is endless.
TS Eliot
User avatar
Bob
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3317
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:20 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Jakob » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:55 pm

Pandora wrote:
I'm read to delve deep, anytime. I like that Silhouette here can remark on the deeper topics, which nobody else really is. Including Pandora. Pandora merely dodges the big points over and over and over again. It's ...boring after awhile. And it doesn't make for good conversation, which I'm confident we can all agree on.

Who's fault is this ....mine? Or hers?

You’re the one who’s dodging my arguments. I brought you historical examples and present day instances in which women are deprived of equal rights and opportunities, but, to you, no matter how badly a woman is treated, whether she’s beaten or raped or patronized and treated like domestic cattle, she is still the privileged gender. This is your kind of messed up thinking, which I think is based on none other than personal insecurities and jealousy.

Should I bring up the topic of global sex trafficking, as well? Is that women’s fault, too, for being the priviledged gender? I’m sure in your kind of twisted mind, these kidnapped girls are feeling pretty privileged, for being kidnapped and used for sex, or at least should be. A man like you can only dream of such things happening to you, but you’re not that kind of special, you’re not...the privileged gender.
If women are responsible for anything it’s being too trusting and believing in men’s lies.

Probably closer to the truth than you'd think. At least sex-slaves are being valued for something. Men and less physically desirable women often enough are not, and in some this amounts in a being even more chained and helpless than someone captured to perform a sexual role. This explains plenty about existing sexual fetishes, which are all senses of belonging.

But I agree that being the frail gender necessarily makes woman the more risk-prone gender. Her capriciousness, caprice, relates to Capricorn, balancing on the sharp rock along the abysses.
She might love to let go and easily fall into someones strong arms, be safe - but it is more a gamble than she would like, almost like she is the ball in the roulette wheel.
Image
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
User avatar
Jakob
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5903
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: look at my suit

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Silhouette » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:25 pm

Bob wrote:This is the same argument a few people I have known in the past have used. The difference is that I am happily working away and they are on anti-depressants.

You do, of course, understand that yours is a downward spiral, whereas mine is an upward one? It doesn’t matter which one you use, we all die in the end and some will ask, “Was it all worth it?” Deciding to look at the experience we call life as just a happening, and gain a positive perspective seems to me to be the only thing we can do, if we don’t want to take the negative approach and get sour over time. The fact that you can use the space between stimulus and response is a chance to use the time you have, whatever happens, before it is over. Or are you hoping that something better comes afterwards?

When it's all over, you don't get to ask "was it worth it?" - it being over means nothing comes afterwards. Up until that point, you have to make a choice - what do you value most in life? Happiness? What is positive and negative? How can you know if you've not explored all the choices thoroughly enough?

I value authenticity. I would rather be as grounded in truth as possible, as interested and satisfied with my pursuit as I see fit, than happy based on ignoring logic. I don't need anti-depressants - they are for people who haven't followed through on the philosophy far enough. I actually find more contentment in knowing, challenging and accepting difficult truths - not a downward spiral at all.

You only think you're using the space between stimulus and response. You can believe in nonsense to fill the gap if you'd compromise all else to feel a way that you believe is right - you were going to anyway. Perhaps there are some causes that would change this that you have yet to experience, perhaps there aren't because either you can't or you're only able to want something else than truth beyond certain thresholds that you won't cross.

Bob wrote:There is nothing like the person who shouts “nonsense” in a crowd of people enjoying themselves.

What if they're high on unicorns and rainbows? There's more than one way to enjoy yourself, some ways might be better than others along a variety of different measures. It's nice to see people enjoying themselves in any way, but the enjoyment is compromised by pity in many of them.

To re-connect this with the thread, I can see how people who are not perfectly reasonable might select other imperfectly reasonable people - even more than more reasonable people. There's no objective reason to pursue reason. I, for one, am put off by unreasonableness in others, which severely impedes my chances of finding someone with whom I am happy to get to know - not nearly as conducive with sexual selection as someone who, for example, values happiness over truth. We each have all kinds of approaches, some of which are more common to one gender than the other. Whether one is more privileged than the other overall, I'm not convinced, but I do know that where one comes out on top, the other comes out on top in other areas. One way females come out on top is that they are less disposable than males, and one way males come out on top is they're physically stronger and more aggressive. Each situation can be turned into something pretty shitty, but one being shittier in one way than another isn't proof that one is privileged and the other isn't.

Is there really an objective way to measure this one?
User avatar
Silhouette
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3310
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 1:27 am
Location: Existence

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Bob » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:03 am

Silhouette wrote:When it's all over, you don't get to ask "was it worth it?" - it being over means nothing comes afterwards. Up until that point, you have to make a choice - what do you value most in life? Happiness? What is positive and negative? How can you know if you've not explored all the choices thoroughly enough?

I value authenticity. I would rather be as grounded in truth as possible, as interested and satisfied with my pursuit as I see fit, than happy based on ignoring logic. I don't need anti-depressants - they are for people who haven't followed through on the philosophy far enough. I actually find more contentment in knowing, challenging and accepting difficult truths - not a downward spiral at all.

You only think you're using the space between stimulus and response. You can believe in nonsense to fill the gap if you'd compromise all else to feel a way that you believe is right - you were going to anyway. Perhaps there are some causes that would change this that you have yet to experience, perhaps there aren't because either you can't or you're only able to want something else than truth beyond certain thresholds that you won't cross.

Okay, I didn't want to pull this one, but I work with dying people. I see what holds up and I see the people asking themselves the questions in the end. I see the morons die, dejected and struggling to make sense of it all and I see the fantastic people die, who still go out on an upward spiral. There is a vast difference. What you may say is "nonsense" has been a life-long attitude, a composure and a bearing, that carries them through.

Some of these people say to me, "What is the use of knowledge, I forget so much? What will carry me through?", and I say that it is faith. It may not be in God or the afterlife, but faith that it was worth the experience. In the end it isn't objective truth, but experiential truth that carries you through.

To re-connect this with the thread, I can see how people who are not perfectly reasonable might select other imperfectly reasonable people - even more than more reasonable people. There's no objective reason to pursue reason. I, for one, am put off by unreasonableness in others, which severely impedes my chances of finding someone with whom I am happy to get to know - not nearly as conducive with sexual selection as someone who, for example, values happiness over truth. We each have all kinds of approaches, some of which are more common to one gender than the other. Whether one is more privileged than the other overall, I'm not convinced, but I do know that where one comes out on top, the other comes out on top in other areas. One way females come out on top is that they are less disposable than males, and one way males come out on top is they're physically stronger and more aggressive. Each situation can be turned into something pretty shitty, but one being shittier in one way than another isn't proof that one is privileged and the other isn't.

Is there really an objective way to measure this one?

Well, in the end, the male is just as frail as any other dying person. What the problem is though, is that having lived a life as an alpha doesn't make giving it up any easier. In comparison very few males have the character to keep their composure, whereas the women are generally more impressive. There are of course all kinds on both sides, but the way we live our lives "inside", out of view of our superficial neighbours, is the way we die.

Women can also occupy themselves better in old age, whereas males very often fall into depression, even if they have a fantastic family. There is a lot to be said for the way we hold ourselves up to life struggles, and the way we learn to cope with the insufficiencies we have.
The only wisdom we can hope to acquire
Is the wisdom of humility: humility is endless.
TS Eliot
User avatar
Bob
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3317
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:20 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Gender Everything

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:14 am

Bravo, Bob. Quite eloquent and honest with much truth. I agree that it all comes down to faith and the composure you mentioned but is that a person's innate essence? A quality of being that one is born as or designed with?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7014
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:55 am

Pandora wrote:You’re the one who’s dodging my arguments.

Am not. Regardless, your "arguments" are degenerating and deteriorating into a mess. I'll show you how.



Pandora wrote:I brought you historical examples and present day instances in which women are deprived of equal rights and opportunities,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Women were never, ever, "deprived of equal rights and opportunities". This is more Feminist garbage, trash ideas, pumping through your skull. You are indoctrinated, very much like a fundamentalist Christian, indoctrinated with ideals of God. The "poor, oppressed, masses!!!" BOO HOO!!! Isn't it you painting women as weak, pathetic, victim, children? Yes, it is. Because it suits your argument. You paint women in the negative, to suit yourself and hold weight to your argument.

I, on the other hand, have a much more esteemed and positive sense of women. So, who really "hates women" here? Me? Or you???

Hint: (it's you)



Pandora wrote:but, to you, no matter how badly a woman is treated, whether she’s beaten or raped or patronized and treated like domestic cattle, she is still the privileged gender. This is your kind of messed up thinking, which I think is based on none other than personal insecurities and jealousy.

Correct, 1 victim out of 1,000,000 women doesn't account for much. Just because one young girl is kidnapped and raped by a dozen men, doesn't mean that female-privilege suddenly vanishes. And, aren't you proving my point? Why is the sex-slave valuable? For her sex, yes? See, you're proving my points again. You're conceding the whole argument. Child-sex slaves are valuable because of their sex. So you are using the point of contention of the entire thread, to claim its opposite, and use exceptions as the rule (that all women are kidnapped into sex slavery, when in reality, only very very rare).

Pandora, you basically undermine your entire argument thus far.


Pandora wrote:Should I bring up the topic of global sex trafficking, as well?

Please do, as-if I'm scared of the topic?

As-if 1 in 1,000,000 females, kidnapped and raped, represent the entirety of the category? As if one raped girl represents all women? The #MeToo movement is a sham, a farce, an extension of degenerating post-modern Feminism. Feminists intentionally compare a man grabbing a woman's ass (like the radio host did with Taylor Swift, for example), to full-scale rape, like your example, of a 12-year-old girl stolen from her home, and sent off overseas to be gang-raped. The two are oceans apart. And as long as you, and other women, continue to conflate the two (ass grab to gang-rape), then you are fucked up in the head. The two are not the same, at all.

And I full-scale reject any nonsense of you conflating the two. Thus, we may as well use "ass-grabbing" as "trampling on women's freedom", based on sex, of course.

The fact that you don't question any of this, and you dive straight into it, gives me more evidence that I'm right all along.



Pandora wrote:Is that women’s fault, too, for being the priviledged gender? I’m sure in your kind of twisted mind, these kidnapped girls are feeling pretty privileged, for being kidnapped and used for sex, or at least should be. A man like you can only dream of such things happening to you, but you’re not that kind of special, you’re not...the privileged gender.

Don't bring me into your ridiculous fantasies, to try to prove a point, as-if the 1 in 1,000,000 exception forms a rule. How many young girls are sold into sex slavery overseas, anyway? Out of the 300,000,000 people in the United States, what percentage does it represent? Are 50% of women, 25% of the whole population, sold into sex slavery? No..... 1%??? No??????

0.0001% ????? Maybe closer to that.


Pandora wrote:If women are responsible for anything it’s being too trusting and believing in men’s lies.

Yes yes, men's fault. Everything is men's fault. We've gone over this point.

Even when you "concede points", you have the habit of always blaming men. When is it ever, ever, women's fault, for anything? Go ahead, Pandora, give me a few examples. Or one. Just one will do.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Gender Everything

Postby Serendipper » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:01 am

Bob wrote:How do they call it, "locker-room talk"?

Insecure boys, because the natural selection of women tends to instinctively reject about half of men, tend to hit out rather than do something about it. Probably the most contra-productive thing they could do ...

Which half?

The difference between men and women is that women have types while men do not.... other than the general type preferred by most men. Show a pic of a hot woman to a group of guys and you'll get a near-unanimous agreement that she is indeed hot. Show a pic of a hot guy (whatever that means) to a group of women and you'll get a range of opinions from "ew" to "eh" to "oh wow".

So when you say that half the men are rejected, I'm not sure what you mean.
Serendipper
Thinker
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Society, Government, and Economics



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot]